|Member of the Singapore Parliament
for West Coast GRC
2001 – 2015
|Born||Arthur Fong Jen
24 May 1964
|Political party||People's Action|
Fong became an MP in 2001 represented West Coast GRC in the Parliament of Singapore from 2001 through 2015, stepping down during the 2015 general elections. In both the 2001 and 2006 general elections, Fong's party, the PAP, enjoyed a walkover for their constituency.
The West Coast GRC was contested in the 2011 General Elections and the PAP was returned to the constituency after defeating Reform Party led by Mr Kenneth Jeyaretnam. Fong continued his 3rd term in Parliament in his division of CLEMENTI till August 25, 2015 when Parliament was dissolved just before the September General Elections of 2015.
Many remember Fong's late father, Major Fong Sip Chee, former Minister of State who contested as a PAP candidate in the single constituency of Kampong Chai Chee in 1976 General Election. Maj. Fong was returned after defeating Mr J. B. Jeyaretnam (father of Mr Kenneth Jeyaretnam) of the Workers' Party.
- "Madam Halimah's move to new GRC confirmed; Arthur Fong stepping down" (Press release). Straits Times. 8 August 2015. Retrieved 3 September 2015.
- "Bank of Singapore Strengthens Its Greater China Team With Two Senior Hires" (PDF) (Press release). Bank of Singapore. 20 December 2011. Retrieved 24 March 2015.
- "Arthur Fong". The Institute of Banking & Finance. Retrieved 2016-08-20.
- Arthur Fong's profile on the Singapore Parliament website
- http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/specialreports/parliament/bill-reflects-singapore-s-resolve-to-fig/774200.html Bill on Terrorism Suppression of Financing And Anti Money Laundering Act Amendment
|This Singaporean biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|