Fort Worth Intermodal Transportation Center
TRE train arrives at Fort Worth station
|Location||1001 Jones Street
Fort Worth, Texas 76102
|Owned by||Fort Worth Transportation Authority|
|Station code||Amtrak code: FTW|
|Fare zone||Western TRE Fare Zone|
|Opened||December 3, 2001 (TRE)
January 12, 2002 (ITC)
|Passengers (2013)||129,389 8.7% (Amtrak)|
The Fort Worth Intermodal Transportation Center (ITC) is a Trinity Railway Express commuter rail and Amtrak intercity rail station located in Fort Worth, Texas at the corner of 9th and Jones Streets, on the east side of downtown Fort Worth. TRE service began on December 3, 2001, serving the Fort Worth Convention Center, the Fort Worth Water Gardens, Sundance Square, Bass Performance Hall and Tarrant County government facilities. Amtrak's Texas Eagle and Heartland Flyer serve the station. The station also serves as a bus depot for the Fort Worth Transportation Authority (known locally as "The T"), as well as Greyhound.
ITC is located north of two other former railroad stations:
- The former Santa Fe Freight Building, built in 1938, now serves as the University of Texas at Arlington's Fort Worth Education Center and Automated Robotics & Research Institute.
- The former Gulf, Colorado and Santa Fe Railroad Passenger Station, built in 1900, was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1970. It served as Fort Worth's Amtrak station from Amtrak's inception in 1971, until ITC opened for Amtrak passengers, in 2002. Following restoration, it is now a party/banquet facility.
- Monday-Saturday: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, 14 and 46
Weekdays Only: 11, 12, 17, 61, 62, 65, and 66
Saturday Only: 15
- "INTERMODAL TRANSPORTATION CENTER (ITC)" (PDF). Retrieved October 2014.
Owned and operated by the Fort Worth Transportation Authority (The T)Check date values in:
- "Amtrak Fact Sheet, FY2013, State of Texas" (PDF). Amtrak. November 2013. Retrieved 3 December 2013.
- Fort Worth Architecture - Santa Fe Freight Building
- Fort Worth Architecture - Ashton Depot
- Tarrant County Listings on the National Register of Historic Places
- Ashton Depot
- "FT WORTH GREYHOUND STA". Station Locator. Greyhound Lines. Retrieved October 2014. Check date values in:
- Media related to Fort Worth Intermodal Transportation Center at Wikimedia Commons
- TRE - Fort Worth ITC Station
- Amtrak - Texas Eagle Stations - Fort Worth, TX