Galesburg City Township, Knox County, Illinois
|Galesburg City Township|
Location in Knox County
Knox County's location in Illinois
|• Total||17.93 sq mi (46.4 km2)|
|• Land||17.75 sq mi (46.0 km2)|
|• Water||0.18 sq mi (0.5 km2) 1.00%|
|Elevation||764 ft (233 m)|
|• Density||1,813.8/sq mi (700.3/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||61401, 61410, 61436|
|GNIS feature ID||0429036|
Galesburg City Township is one of twenty-one townships in Knox County, Illinois, USA. As of the 2010 census, its population was 32,195 and it contained 14,280 housing units. It is coextensive with the city of Galesburg, which is almost entirely surrounded by Galesburg Township.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 17.93 square miles (46.4 km2), of which 17.75 square miles (46.0 km2) (or 99.00%) is land and 0.18 square miles (0.47 km2) (or 1.00%) is water.
The township contains these six cemeteries: Brookside, East Linwood, Hope, Lewis, Linwood and Memorial Park.
Airports and landing strips
- Galesburg Cottage Hospital Heliport
- Galesburg Municipal Airport
- Abingdon Community Unit School District 217
- Galesburg Community Unit School District 205
- Knoxville Community Unit School District 202
- Illinois's 17th congressional district
- State House District 74
- State Senate District 37
- "Galesburg City Township, Knox County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-02-26.
- United States Census Bureau 2009 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- Official map by the United States Census Bureau; Knox County listed on page 8
- Local Government Profile - Galesburg City Township, Illinois Comptroller. Accessed 26 February 2010.
|Cold Brook Township, Warren County||Knox Township|