Knox Township, Knox County, Illinois
Location in Knox County
Knox County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 2, 1852|
|• Total||35.51 sq mi (92.0 km2)|
|• Land||35.39 sq mi (91.7 km2)|
|• Water||0.11 sq mi (0.3 km2) 0.31%|
|Elevation||735 ft (224 m)|
|• Density||142/sq mi (55/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||61401, 61430, 61436, 61448|
|GNIS feature ID||0429214|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 35.51 square miles (92.0 km2), of which 35.39 square miles (91.7 km2) (or 99.66%) is land and 0.11 square miles (0.28 km2) (or 0.31%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
The township contains these seven cemeteries: Alms House, Butterfield Family, Knoxville, Saint Marys, Swedish, Union and Van Gilder.
- Galesburg Community Unit School District 205
- Knoxville Community Unit School District 202
- Abingdon-Avon Unit School District
- Illinois's 17th congressional district
- State House District 74
- State Senate District 37
- "Knox Township, Knox County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-02-25.
- United States Census Bureau 2009 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
||Henderson Township||Sparta Township||Copley Township|
|Galesburg City Township
|Cedar Township||Orange Township||Haw Creek Township|