|• Total||472.13 km2 (182.29 sq mi)|
|• Density||460/km2 (1,200/sq mi)|
|Time zone||BST (UTC+6)|
|Website||Official Map of Godagari|
Godagari is located at. It has 40011 households and total area 472.13 km².
As of the 1991 Bangladesh census, Godagari has a population of 217811. Males constitute 50.88% of the population, and females 49.12%. This Upazila's eighteen up population is 108869. Godagari has an average literacy rate of 27.6% (7+ years), and the national average of 32.4% literate.
Points of interest
Padumsa Dighi (pond) of Raja Bijoy Sen at village Deopara (eleventh century), tomb of Hazrat Shah Sultan at Sultanganj (fourteenth century), tomb of Ali Kuli Beg at Kumarpur.
Marks of War of Liberation Memorial monument 1 (Sheikherpara).
Godagari thana was established in 1865 and was turned into an upazila in 1984. It consists of nine union parishads, 389 mouzas and 396 villages.
- Kaisaruzzaman, AKM (2012). "Godagari Upazila". In Islam, Sirajul; Jamal, Ahmed A. Banglapedia: National Encyclopedia of Bangladesh (Second ed.). Asiatic Society of Bangladesh.
- "Population Census Wing, BBS.". Archived from the original on 2005-03-27. Retrieved November 10, 2006.
- Aksadul Alam (2012), "Deopara Prashasti", in Sirajul Islam and Ahmed A. Jamal, Banglapedia: National Encyclopedia of Bangladesh (Second ed.), Asiatic Society of Bangladesh
- "গোদাগাড়ীর নজিপুরে উরস শরিফ শুরু". Daily Sunshine. Retrieved 2017-02-04.
- "Wahidiah Kalimiah Darbar Sharif at DuckDuckGo". duckduckgo.com. Retrieved 2017-02-11.
- "গোদাগাড়ীতে বিশ্ব আশেক মঞ্জিল উরস". Daily Sunshine. Retrieved 2017-02-19.