Chapai Nawabganj Sadar Upazila
|• Total||451.8 km2 (174.4 sq mi)|
|• Density||1,200/km2 (3,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+6 (BST)|
|Website||Official Map of Nawabganj Sadar|
Chapai Nawabganj Sadar is located at. It has 65158 households and total area 451.8 km².
Chapai Nawabganj Sadar Upazila is bounded by Shibganj, Chapai Nawabganj and Nachole Upazilas on the north, Tanore and Godagari Upazilas, in Rajshahi District, on the east, Samserganj, Suti I, Suti II, Raghunathganj II and Lalgola CD Blocks, in Murshidabad district, West Bengal, India, all across the Ganges/ Padma, on the south, and Shibganj Upazila, Chapai Nawabganj on the west.
According to 2011 Bangladesh census, Chapai Nawabganj Sadar had a population of 530,592. Males constituted 47.99% of the population and females 52.01%. Muslims formed 95.64% of the population, Hindus 3.89%, Christians 0.23% and others 0.23%. Chapai Nawabganj Sadar had a literacy rate of 46.3% for the population 7 years and above.
As of the 1991 Bangladesh census, Nawabganj Sadar has a population of 389524. Males constitute 50.39% of the population, and females 49.61%. This Upazila's eighteen up population is 187893. Nawabganj Sadar has an average literacy rate of 27.1% (7+ years), and the national average of 32.4% literate.
Nawabganj Sadar has 19 Unions/Wards, 237 Mauzas/Mahallas, and 192 villages.
- Pulak, Abdul Manik (2012). "Nawabganj Sadar Upazila". In Islam, Sirajul; Jamal, Ahmed A. (eds.). Banglapedia: National Encyclopedia of Bangladesh (Second ed.). Asiatic Society of Bangladesh.
- "Nawabganj Sadar Upazila". Banglapedia. Retrieved 15 November 2018.
- "Tehsil Map of Murshidabad". CD Block/ Tehsil. Maps of India. Retrieved 15 November 2018.
- "Bangladesh Population and Housing Census 2011: Zila Report – Chapai Nawabganj" (PDF). Table P01 : Household and Population by Sex and Residence, Table P05 : Population by Religion, Age group and Residence, Table P09 : Literacy of Population 7 Years & Above by Religion, Sex and Residence. Bangladesh Bureau of Statistics (BBS), Ministry of Planning, Government of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh. Retrieved 9 December 2018.
- "Population Census Wing, BBS". Archived from the original on 2005-03-27. Retrieved November 10, 2006.
|This Rajshahi Division location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|