Greenwood, Mississippi micropolitan area
The Greenwood Micropolitan Statistical Area is a micropolitan area in the northwestern Delta region of Mississippi that covers two counties - Leflore and Carroll. As of the 2000 census, the μSA had a population of 48,716 (though a July 1, 2009 estimate placed the population at 44,841).
As of the census of 2000, there were 48,716 people, 17,027 households, and 11,956 families residing within the μSA. The racial makeup of the μSA was 37.22% White, 60.85% African American, 0.10% Native American, 0.54% Asian, 0.03% Pacific Islander, 0.79% from other races, and 0.47% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 1.64% of the population.
The median income for a household in the μSA was $25,198, and the median income for a family was $30,885. Males had a median income of $27,209 versus $19,096 for females. The per capita income for the μSA was $14,149.
- List of metropolitan areas in Mississippi
- List of micropolitan areas in Mississippi
- List of cities in Mississippi
- List of towns and villages in Mississippi
- List of census-designated places in Mississippi
- List of United States metropolitan areas
- "Table 1. Annual Estimates of the Population of Metropolitan and Micropolitan Statistical Areas: April 1, 2000 to July 1, 2009 (CBSA-EST2009-01)". 2009 Population Estimates. United States Census Bureau, Population Division. 2010-03-23. Archived from the original (CSV) on March 26, 2010. Retrieved 2010-03-24.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
|This Mississippi-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|