From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Greg Gorden has worked for several gaming companies:
- For Victory Games he participated, during the early 1980s, in the design of the James Bond 007 role-playing game (1983).:167
- For Mayfair Games he was in 1985 the main designer of the DC Heroes role-playing game.:167 Also for Mayfair Games, in conjunction with White Wolf, he designed D.O.A., but the game was never published.:170
- For West End Games Gorden brought help to Greg Costikyan and the WEG team in the design of all the editions of Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game (1987, 1992 and 1996). For the same game, in the supplements' list, he was the main author of The Star Wars Rules Companion (1989) and the Imperial Sourcebook (First Edition: 1989, Second Edition: 1994). Also for West End Games, and with assistance from Douglas Kaufman and Bill Slavicsek, Gorden designed Torg (1990).:191
- For FASA, Gorden designed the rules of the role-playing game Earthdawn (1993).:124
- For the Pinnacle Entertainment Group, Shane Lacy Hensley (founder of the company) wrote a draft for his Deadlands game and flew in his friends, Gorden and Matt Forbeck; Gorden and Forbeck liked what they saw and asked to buy into the company, although Gorden later had to leave for personal reasons.:325
- Gorden's Dungeons & Dragons work (edited by different companies, from TSR to Wizards of the Coast) includes Castle Greyhawk (1988), Elder Evils (2007), Dungeon Master's Guide 2 (2009), and Monster Manual 2 (2009).
- Shannon Appelcline (2011). Designers & Dragons. Mongoose Publishing. ISBN 978-1-907702- 58-7.
- Greg Costikyan, Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game, West End Games, New York, October 1987, Editors: Eric Goldberg, Paul Murphy and Bill Slavicsek, Hardcover, p. 142, ISBN 0-87431-065-2
- Bill Smith, Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game - Second Edition, West End Games, New York, October 1992, Editor: Ed Stark, Hardcover, p. 176, ISBN 0-87431-181-0
- Bill Smith, Peter Schweighofer, George Strayton, Paul Sudlow, Eric S. Trautmann and Greg Farshtey, The Star Wars Roleplaying Game: Second Edition - Revised and Expanded, West End Games, New York, August 1996, Hardcover, p. 288, ISBN 0-87431-268-X
- Greg Gorden, The Star Wars Rules Companion, West End Games, New York, January 1989, Paperback, p. 80, ISBN 0-87431-147-0
- Greg Gorden, Imperial Sourcebook, West End Games, New York, October 1989, Editor: Bill Slavicsek, Hardcover, p. 144, ISBN 0-87431-175-6
- Greg Gorden, Imperial Sourcebook, Second Edition, West End Games, New York, June 1994, Editor: Bill Smith, Hardcover, p. 144, ISBN 0-87431-210-8