Arkansas Highway 8
|Maintained by AHTD|
|Length:||229.83 mi (369.88 km)|
|Existed:||1926 – present|
|West end:||SH-63 at the Oklahoma state line|
| US 59 / US 71 in Mena
US 70 in Glenwood
I-30 in Arkadelphia
US 67 in Arkadelphia
US 63 in Warren
US 425, Fountain Hill
US 82 in Hamburg
US 165 in Parkdale
US 65 in Eudora
|East end:||US 65 south of Eudora, AR|
|Counties:||Bradley, Clark, Cleveland, Dallas, Drew, Chicot|
Highway 8 (AR 8, Ark. 8, Hwy. 8) is an east–west state highway in Lower Arkansas. The route of 229.83 miles (369.88 km) runs from Oklahoma State Highway 63 (SH-63) at the Oklahoma state line east across the state to US Route 65 (US 65) south of Eudora.
The route begins at Oklahoma State Highway 63 at the Oklahoma state line near Mena in the Ouachita National Forest and runs east. A concurrency forms with US 59/US 71 through downtown Mena, and a concurrency with Highway 88 forms after entering the city. Highway 8 breaks from these overlaps near Ward Creek and turns south to exit Mena, continuing east with minor junctions at Highway 375, Highway 980, and Highway 370 before again entering the Ouachita National Forest near the Montgomery County line. Shortly after entering Mongtomery County, Highway 8 passes the Cogburn Dipping Vat, listed on the National Register of Historic Places (NRHP), before entering Black Springs and Norman. A concurrency with Highway 27 forms in Norman, and the two routes continue south past the historic Caddo Valley Academy Complex and the Norman Town Square to exit the Ouachita National Forest and enter Pike County.
Highway 8 enters Glenwood, including junctions with Highway 8 Spur (AR 8S), US Route 70 Business (US 70B), and a brief concurrency with US 70. After turning south to leave US 70, Highway 27 follows US 70 west, ending the concurrency that began in Norman. The highway continues southeast to form a concurrency with Highway 84 which continues into Clark County. Highway 8/Highway 84 continue into Amity until Highway 84 turns north at a traffic circle near the Old Bank of Amity. Highway 8 continues east to Arkadelphia, where it meets Highway 26/Highway 51 just inside the city limits.
After Arkadelphia, the route is concurrent with AR 7 until Dalark. The route continues southeast to Fordyce and on to Warren before going straight south to Johnsville. The route continues to Eudora and south into the Grand Lake Loop, where it meets U.S. Route 65 and terminates.
||This section contains a table that is missing mileposts for one or more junctions.|
|Polk||||SH-63 west – Talihina||Oklahoma state line|
|Mena||AR 375 west|
|US 59 south / US 71 south – De Queen||Western end of US 59 / US 71 overlap|
|AR 88 west (Mena Street) – Queen Wilhelmina State Park, Talimena Scenic Drive||Western end of AR 88 overlap|
|US 59 north / US 71 north / AR 88 east – Fort Smith||Eastern end of US 59 / US 71 / AR 88 overlap|
|||AR 375 south|
|||AR 370 east|
|Montgomery||Norman||AR 27 north (North Main Street) – Mount Ida||Western end of AR 27 overlap|
|||AR 240 west – Hopper|
|Pike||Glenwood||AR 8S (Harmon Circle)|
|US 70B east (East Broadway)||Western end of US 70B overlap|
|US 70 east – Hot Springs||Eastern end of US 70B overlap; western end of US 70 overlap|
|US 70 west (AR 27 south) – De Queen||Eastern end of US 70 / AR 27 overlap|
|||AR 84 west – Kirby||Western end of AR 84 overlap|
|Clark||Amity||AR 84 east||Traffic circle; eastern end of AR 84 overlap|
|||AR 53 south to AR 26 – Hollywood|
|Arkadelphia||AR 26 west / AR 51 south – Murfreesboro, Hollywood, Crater of Diamonds State Park||Western end of AR 26 / AR 51 overlap|
|I-30 – Malvern, Little Rock, Hope, Texarkana||I-30 exit 73|
|US 67 north / AR 7 north (North 10th Street) to I-30 east – Malvern, Henderson State University||Eastern end of AR 26 overlap; western end of US 67 / AR 7 overlap|
|US 67 south (6th Street)||Eastern end of US 67 overlap|
|||AR 51 north – Joan||Eastern end of AR 51 overlap|
|Gravel Junction||AR 128 west – Joan|
|Dallas||||AR 7 south – Camden||Eastern end of AR 7 overlap|
|Princeton||AR 9 north – Malvern||Western end of AR 9 overlap|
|||AR 9 south – Camden, Holly Springs||Eastern end of AR 9 overlap|
|Fordyce||AR 229 north|
|US 79 / US 167 – Pine Bluff, Little Rock, Camden|
|US 79B south||Western end of US 79B overlap|
|AR 274 (Main Street) – Dallas County Museum|
|US 79B north (Moro Street)||Eastern end of US 79B overlap|
|||AR 205 south – Tri-County Lake|
||No major junctions|
|Cleveland||||AR 97 north – Kingsland|
|Bradley||||AR 189 north|
|Warren||US 63 north||Western end of US 63 overlap|
|US 63B north|
|US 278 – Monticello, Hampton|
|||AR 980 – Warren Municipal Airport|
|Carmel||US 63 south – Hermitage||Eastern end of US 63 overlap|
|Johnsville||AR 160 west – Hermitage|
|Ashley||||AR 160 east|
|||AR 133 south – Crossett|
|Fountain Hill||US 425 north – Monticello||Western end of US 425 overlap|
|Hamburg||US 82 east – Lake Village||Western end of US 82 overlap|
|AR 189 north (West Washington Street) to AR 133|
|US 82 west / US 425 south – Crossett, Bastrop, LA||Eastern end of US 82 / US 425 overlap|
|Parkdale||AR 209 north|
|US 165 – Portland, McGehee, Wilmot, Bastrop, LA|
|Chicot||Eudora||AR 159 south (Main Street)|
|US 65 north / Great River Road north – Lake Village||Western end of US 65 / Great River Road overlap|
|(no name) (US 65S)|
|||US 65 south / Great River Road south – Tallulah, LA||Eastern end of US 65 / Great River Road overlap|
|Readland||AR 209 south to US 65|
|Arkla||US 65 / Great River Road – Louisiana, Eudora|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
|Length:||0.20 mi (0.32 km)|
|Existed:||January 8, 1987–present|
Highway 8S (AR 8S, Ark. 8S, Hwy. 8S, and Harmon Street) is an east–west state highway spur route in Glenwood. The route of 0.20 miles (0.32 km) runs from Highway 8 west to a lumberyard along the Arkansas Midland Railroad tracks.
- Planning and Research Division (2010). "Arkansas Road Log Database". Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department. Archived from the original (Database) on 23 June 2011. Retrieved June 9, 2011.
- General Highway Map, Polk County, Arkansas (PDF) (Map). 1:62500. Cartography by Planning and Research Division. Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department. December 22, 2000. Retrieved February 4, 2012.
- General Highway Map, Chicot County, Arkansas (PDF) (Map). 1:62500. Cartography by Planning and Research Division. Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department. December 7, 2010. Retrieved February 4, 2012.
- National Park Service (2009-03-13). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- General Highway Map, Montgomery County, Arkansas (PDF) (Map). 1:62500. Cartography by Planning and Research Division. Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department. December 22, 2011. Retrieved February 4, 2012.
- General Highway Map, Pike County, Arkansas (PDF) (Map). 1:62500. Cartography by Planning and Research Division. Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department. November 15, 2011. Retrieved February 4, 2012.
- "Minutes" (1980–89), p. 782.
- Map of Glenwood, Pike County, Arkansas (PDF) (Map). Cartography by Planning and Research Division. Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department. June 2002. Retrieved February 2, 2012.
- "Minutes of the Meeting" (PDF). Arkansas State Highway Commission. 1980–89. Retrieved December 2, 2016.