|President||Song Kehui (宋克慧)|
|Location||Huaihua, Hunan, China|
|Campus||164.736921 acres (0.66666667 km2)|
As of fall 2013, the university has 2 campuses, a combined student body of 15,400 students, 1,000 faculty members.
The university consists of 21 departments, with 49 specialties for undergraduates.
At present, the university has 6 research institutions and research centres, including 1 national engineering research centre, 1 key national discipline.
Huaihua University was formed in 1958, it was initially called "Qianyang Normal College". It was renamed "Huaihua Normal College" in 1983. In 1986, Huaihua Continuing Education College merged into the university.
- Department of Politics and Low
- Department of Economic
- Department of Education Science
- Department of Physical
- Department of Chinese Language and Literature
- Department of Foreign Languages and Literature
- Department of Mathematics and Applied Mathematics
- Department of Life Science
- Department of Music
- Department of Art
- Department of Artistic Designing
- Department of Computer Science and Technology
- Department of Business
- Department of English
- Department of Physical Science and Information Engineering
Huaihua University's total collection amounts to more than 1.22 million items.
- Motto: 厚德博学，唯实求新
- College newspaper: Journal of Huaihua University, founded in 1982.
- Xi Nanhua, engineer of Chinese Academy of Sciences.
- Wang Yuewen, writer.
- Chen Sisi, singer.
- Jia Zongchao, professor at Queen's University.
- Mo Wenxiu, Secretary of All-China Women's Federation.
- Wang Zhuojuan, musician.
- Chen Zhiqiang, Mayor of Huaihua.
- 譚偉平任懷化學院黨委書記 宋克慧任院長. CPCnews (in Chinese). 2013.
- 怀化市委书记张自银在怀化学院调研(图). 163.com (in Chinese). 2013.
- "Huaihua University(HHU)". chinatefl.com. Retrieved 22 February 2014.
- "Introduction of Huaihua University » 怀化学院2011版". hhtc.edu.cn. Retrieved 22 February 2014.
- "HUAIHUA UNIVERSITY". 4icu.org. Retrieved 22 February 2014.