This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The intellect devourer appeared in first edition Advanced Dungeons & Dragons in the original Monster Manual (1977). The ustilagor first appeared in Dragon #69 (January 1983), and then reprinted in the original Monster Manual II (1983).
The intellect devourer appeared in third edition in the Psionics Handbook, and its 3.5 revision the Expanded Psionics Handbook (2004). The battle intellect devourer appeared in Dragon #303 (January 2003). The ustilagor appeared in Dragon #337 (November 2005).
An intellect devourer is a chaotic and evil monster, highly malign with regard to sentient life. It dwells deep beneath the ground, and subsists on the psychic energy of its prey.
- Gygax, Gary; Blume, Brian (1976), Eldritch Wizardry (1 ed.), Lake Geneva, WI: TSR
- Gygax, Gary. Monster Manual (TSR, 1977)
- Winter, Steve. The Complete Psionics Handbook (TSR, 1991)
- Stewart, Doug, ed. Monstrous Manual (TSR, 1993)
- Cordell, Bruce R. Expanded Psionics Handbook (Wizards of the Coast, 2004)
- Mearls, Mike, Greg Bilsland, and Robert J. Schwalb. Monster Manual 3. Renton, WA: Wizards of the Coast, 2010
|This Dungeons & Dragons article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|