This article's lead section may be too long for the length of the article. (December 2022)
Jaideep Ahlawat is an Indian actor who appears in Hindi films. He completed his graduation from Film and Television Institute of India (FTII), Pune in 2008. After completing his education, he headed Mumbai, to pursue his dreams to become an actor. He started his career in Bollywood with a small roles in films like Aakrosh (2010) and the same year, he also starred in a satire comedy film called Khatta Meetha, wherein his negative role of a politician got appreciated in the film circles.
Though he appeared in smaller roles in Chittagong (2011) and Rockstar (2011), but went unnoticed till he got Gangs of Wasseypur (2012), wherein he plays the character called Shahid Khan. He played the villain in the Hindi movie Commando: A One Man Army that released in 2013.
Since then, Ahlawat has acted in films such as Aatma (2013), Gabbar is Back (2015) and Meeruthiya Gangsters (2015) Vishwaroopam 2. His character of RAW agent Mir in the Alia Bhatt-starrer Raazi (2018) was much appreciated. He got his widest recognition by playing Delhi Police Inspector Hathiram Chaudhary, the lead role in the Amazon Prime web series Paatal Lok (2020) in which he got first ever FILMFARE best actor male in Drama series. He also appeared in the Bollywood film Raees, produced by Shah Rukh Khan, he first rose to prominence in the role of Nawab (Musa's henchman) in Raees, Shahid Khan in Anurag Kashyap's Gangs of Wasseypur (2012) and as AK 74 in the movie Commando.
Early life and education
This section of a biography of a living person does not include any references or sources. (November 2022)
Jaideep was born in a jat family Kharkara,Meham village in Rohtak district of Haryana state. He got his high school certificate from Govt. High School, Kharkara. He attended Jat College, Rohtak. After his graduation, Ahlawat did MA in English from Maharshi Dayanand University in 2005. He completed his acting graduation from FTII in 2008, actors like Rajkumar Rao, Vijay Verma, Sunny Hinduja were his FTII mates.
Jaideep did theatre at a young age but wanted to be an Indian Army officer. However, after not clearing his SSB interviews, multiple times, he ventured into acting. He used to do stage shows in Punjab and Haryana. He started to take acting seriously only after his graduation. He entered the film-world the hard way, without any godfather. In 2008, Ahlawat came to Mumbai. He was first noticed in a negative character in Priyadarshan's Khatta Meetha (2010). In the same year he appeared in Aakrosh with Ajay Devgn. Thereafter he did more films including Anurag Kashyap's Gangs of Wasseypur (2012) and Kamal Hasan's Vishwaroopam (2012). Gangs of Wasseypur movie came as a turning point in Jaideep’s life, as its success, helped him gain enough recognition in India. Jaideep then appeared in a Tamil spy thriller film Vishwaroopam with Kamal Hassan, which turned a great success in the south in 2013. A Hindi version of this flick has been made called Vishwaroop in the same year, which gave him more recognition. Impressed by his acting skills & popularity, Kamal Hassan has roped him in the sequel Vishwaroopam 2 as well, that released in 2016. He was also seen in the series Bard of Blood.
He had played a negative character in Bollywood film, Khaali Peeli, which was released in October 2020.
|2008||Narmeen||Guest Role||Short film|
|Khatta Meetha||Sanjay Rane|
|Rockstar||Trilok (Special appearance)|
|2012||Gangs of Wasseypur||Shahid Khan|
|Commando: A One Man Army||Amrit Kanwal (AK 74)|
|Aatma - Feel it around you||Inspector Raza|
|2015||Gabbar is Back||CBI officer Kuldeep Pahwa|
|Lust Stories||Sudhir||Released on Netflix|
|Vishwaroopam II||Salim||Tamil film|
|Vishwaroop II||Salim||Tamil film|
|Bhaiaji Superhit||Helicopter Mishra|
|Khaali Peeli||Yusuf||Released on Zee5|
|2021||Ajeeb Daastaans||Babloo||Released on Netflix|
|2021||Sandeep Aur Pinky Faraar||Tyagi|
|2021||Tryst With Destiny||Kuber||Released on SonyLIV|
|2022||An Action Hero||Bhoora Solanki|
|2023||Three of Us|
|2023||The Devotion of Suspect X||Post Production|
|2019||Bard of Blood||Shehzad Tanveer||Netflix|
|2020||Paatal Lok||Hathi Ram Chaudhary||Amazon Prime Video|
|2022||The Broken News||Deepankar Sanyal||ZEE5|
Awards and nominations
|2013||Zee Cine Awards / Star Screen Awards||Best Actor (Negative)||Commando||Nominated|
|2020||Filmfare OTT Awards||Best Actor (Drama Series)||Paatal Lok||Won|||
- ^ Magan, Srishti (21 May 2018). "8 Years In Bollywood & Finally Getting His Due, Jaideep Ahlawat Is an Actor We Want To See More of". ScoopWhoop. Archived from the original on 17 July 2019. Retrieved 17 July 2019.
- ^ "Gangs Of Wasseypur changed my life: Jaideep Ahlawat - Times of India". The Times of India. Archived from the original on 29 July 2019. Retrieved 17 July 2019.
- ^ "Why is Jaideep Ahlawat not visible in Vishwaroopam promos? - NDTV Movies". Archived from the original on 11 April 2013.
- ^ "Commando: Jaideep Ahlawat plays a baddie called AK74". News18. 11 April 2013. Archived from the original on 17 July 2019. Retrieved 17 July 2019.
- ^ "Raazi actor Jaideep Ahlawat speaks about his latest film, and playing villainous roles". Archived from the original on 23 May 2020. Retrieved 10 March 2020.
- ^ "'Humble & Honest". Daily Post India. 21 October 2015. Archived from the original on 4 March 2016.
- ^ "Jaideep's Profile on Graftii.com". Archived from the original on 25 September 2012. Retrieved 1 October 2012.
- ^ "'Vishwaroopam' explores faith: Jaideep Ahlawat". CNN-IBN. 3 October 2011. Archived from the original on 24 June 2012. Retrieved 22 June 2012.
- ^ Hungama, Bollywood. "Gangs Of Wasseypur secures my standing in the industry - Jaideep Ahlawat - Latest Movie Features - Bollywood Hungama". Bollywood Hungama. Archived from the original on 1 July 2012. Retrieved 8 February 2013.
- ^ "Jaideep Ahlawat says 'Pataal Lok' led to versatile offers, storytellers realising he can play with different emotions". The Economic Times. Retrieved 8 April 2022.
- ^ Jain, Arushi (22 September 2020). "Khaali Peeli trailer: Ishaan, Ananya promise a typical masala entertainer". The Indian Express. Retrieved 26 November 2022.
- ^ "Short films are gaining recognition". www.mid-day.com. Archived from the original on 19 January 2010. Retrieved 9 February 2013.
- ^ a b "Jaideep Ahlawat recalls the time when he and Kamal Haasan were almost arrested during Vishwaroopam shoot in the US: 'It was scary'". The Indian Express. 5 April 2022. Retrieved 8 April 2022.
- ^ "'Khaali Peeli' trailer: Ishaan Khatter and Ananya Panday will take you on an entertaining joy-ride with their electrifying performance". The Times of India. 22 September 2020. Archived from the original on 22 September 2020. Retrieved 22 September 2020.
- ^ "Karan Johar unveils teaser of Netflix anthology Ajeeb Daastaans which is set to premiere on April 16". Bollywood Hungama. 19 March 2021. Retrieved 19 March 2021.
- ^ "Add award-winning film 'Tryst With Destiny' on SonyLiv to your weekend watch-list". Lifestyle Asia India. 5 November 2021.
- ^ "Bloody Brothers trailer: Jaideep Ahlawat, Zeeshan Ayyub promise an engaging crime thriller". The Indian Express. 3 March 2022. Retrieved 24 March 2022.
- ^ Bureau, Binged (21 May 2022). "It's Truth Vs Sensationalism In 'The Broken News' On Zee5". Binged. Retrieved 23 May 2022.
- ^ "Filmfare OTT Awards 2020: Big Night For Paatal Lok And The Family Man. Complete List Of Winners". NDTV.com. Retrieved 20 December 2020.
- ^ "Winners of the Flyx Filmfare OTT Awards". filmfare.com. Retrieved 20 December 2020.