Bhaiaji Superhit (transl. Brother, superhit!; Hindi pronunciation: [bʱɛːjaːdʒiː]) is an upcoming action comedy Bollywood film directed by Neerraj Pathak and produced by Chirag Dhariwal. The film features an ensemble cast including Sunny Deol, Preity Zinta, Ameesha Patel, Arshad Warsi, Evelyn Sharma and Shreyas Talpade. Its music will be presented by Zee Studios. It will be released on 26th October 2018.
A Varanasi based Don (Sunny Deol) dreams of seeing himself on the big screen. To facilitate this mad affair, he seeks the services of Arshad Warsi and Shreyas Talpade who are playing a director and a writer respectively. Ameesha Patel plays an actress and Preity Zinta, a small-town girl and Sunny's wife, tries to emulate her.
- Sunny Deol as Lal Bhaisahab Dubey
- Preity Zinta as Sapna Dubey
- Ameesha Patel as Mallika
- Arshad Warsi as Goldie Kapoor
- Shreyas Talpade as Tarun Porno Ghosh
- Sanjay Mishra as Dr. Gyan Prakash Buddisagar
- Pankaj Tripathi as Builder Gupta
- Jaideep Ahlawat as Helicopter Mishra
- Evelyn Sharma
- Mukul Dev
- Brijendra Kala
- Pankaj Jha
Initial cast announced in 2011 included Sunny Deol, Ameesha Patel, Arshad Warsi, Tusshar Kapoor and Prakash Raj. Release was scheduled for 2012. First look poster was released in March 2012. It was inspired by a Johnny Depp photoshoot. An initial poster featuring Deol in kurta, jeans and jacket was prepared but the director wanted to give a "royal" look to Deol's character and replaced the poster. In May 2012, Hindi film website Bollywood Hungama reported that the director had approached Subhash Ghai after producer Fauzia refused to increase the film's budget by ₹6 crore (US$840,000). Claims regarding the film being shelved were rejected by the film's cast and director. Ghai also denied that he was producing the film. In July of the same year, Kapoor left the project due to schedule conflicts with Shootout at Wadala and Kyaa Super Kool Hain Hum. Also Zinta was removed from the cast due to unavailability of dates on her side. Shreyas Talpade replaced Kapoor.
In April 2013, Zinta confirmed her participation in the production. She plays's the don's wife. A 45–days long shooting schedule, beginning in September 2013, was conducted in Udaipur, Rajasthan. Reportedly, in November 2013, there was a dispute between producer Mahendra Dhariwal and Deol. The latter wanted his remuneration before dubbing. Deol gave him the option that they could release the film under the banner of his production company Vijayta Films. Dharival consulted action director Tinu Verma, who advised that Deol should be paid and the project should be completed. However, shooting of a few of Zinta's scenes was delayed due to her involvement with the Indian Premier League. Kharaj Mukherjee will play the role of a police inspector. The director narrated the story to him over phone and he quickly agreed to join the project. Evelyn Sharma learnt Hindi by taking lessons for 2 hours a day. She also requested her friends to use only Hindi while conversing with her. Deol will play a double role. The project was stalled for 4 years before June 2015, when it was reported that filming would resume in July 2015. It is scheduled for release in October 2018.
|Soundtrack album by Jeet Gannguli, Raghav Sachar, Amjad Nadeem, Sanjeev–Darshan and Neerraj Pathak|
|Released||25 September 2018|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|Label||Zee Music Company|
|Jeet Gannguli chronology|
|Raghav Sachar chronology|
The songs of the film are composed by Jeet Gannguli, Raghav Sachar, Amjad Nadeem, Sanjeev–Darshan and Neerraj Pathak while the lyrics are written by Amjad Nadeem, Shabbir Ahmed, Kumaar, Neerraj Pathak and Sanjeev Chaturvedi
|1.||"Sleepy Sleepy Akhiyan"||Kumaar||Jeet Gannguli||Asees Kaur, Yasser Desai||3:01|
|2.||"Do Naina"||Amjad Nadeem||Amjad Nadeem||Yasser Desai, Aakanksha Sharma||5:05|
|3.||"Om Namah Shivay"||Shabbir Ahmed||Raghav Sachar||Sukhwinder Singh, Raghav Sachar, Aakanksha Sharma, Raftaar||4:22|
|4.||"Naam Hai Bhaiaji"||Neerraj Pathak, Sanjeev Chaturvedi||Sanjeev–Darshan, Neerraj Pathak||Amit Mishra, Rap: Raftaar||3:32|
|5.||"Baby Jaanleva Hai"||Amjad Nadeem||Amjad Nadeem||Yasser Desai, Pawni Pandey||4:11|
|6.||"Do Naina" (Shafqat Version)||Amjad Nadeem||Amjad Nadeem||Shafqat Amanat Ali, Aakanksha Sharma||5:05|
- "taran adarsh on Twitter". Retrieved 10 July 2018.
- "Sunny Deol's Bhaiyyaji Superhit finally gets a release date, will hit theatres on October 19". Retrieved 2018-07-29.
- "Preity Zinta on Twitter". Retrieved 7 August 2018.
- "Arshad Warsi on Twitter". Retrieved 29 August 2018.
- "Ameesha to star opposite Sunny in Bhaiaji Superhit". 21 December 2011. Retrieved 5 August 2015.[permanent dead link]
- "Sunny Deol copies Johnny Depp". Hindustan Times. New Delhi: HT Media. 21 March 2012. Retrieved 5 August 2015.
- Chawla, Sonal (28 May 2012). "Bhaiaji Superhit shelved?". Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved 5 August 2015.
- Maniar, Parag (2 July 2012). "Sunny Deol, Amisha Patel team up again after 'Gadar'". The Times of India. The Times Group. Retrieved 5 August 2015.
- Dabholkar, Reshma Kelkar (15 June 2012). "Subhash Ghai isn't producing Sunny Deol's next". The Times of India. The Times Group. Retrieved 6 August 2015.
- Baksi, Dibyojyoti (5 July 2012). "Preity Zinta out of Bhaiaji Superhit". Hindustan Times. Mumbai: HT Media. Retrieved 5 August 2015.
- Bollywood Hungama News Network (28 June 2012). "Bhaiaji Superhit back on track". Hindustan Times. HT Media. Retrieved 5 August 2015.
- Indo-Asian News Service (1 May 2013). "Preity Zinta to shoot 'Bhaiaji Superhit' starting July". Mid Day. Retrieved 5 August 2015.
- Jha, Subhash K. (10 September 2013). "Preity Zinta back with Bhaiaji Superhit". Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved 6 August 2015.
- Shukla, Richa (27 September 2013). "Neerraj Pathak shoots for 'Bhaiaji Superhit' in Udaipur". The Times of India. The Times Group. Retrieved 6 August 2015.
- Dubey, Bharati (18 November 2013). "Sunny Deol loses his cool over non- payment of acting fee". The Times of India. Mumbai: The Times Group. Retrieved 6 August 2015.
- "Not cricket". The Telegraph. ABP Group. 16 March 2014. Retrieved 5 August 2015.
- Ganguly, Ruman (8 August 2013). "Kharaj in Bollywood flick". The Times of India. The Times Group. Retrieved 6 August 2015.
- "Evelyn Sharma's Double Bill". Indiatimes. Retrieved 5 August 2015.
- Tuteja, Joginder (25 June 2015). "Bhaiaji Superhit back on track, Sunny Deol to hit back with four releases". Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved 5 August 2015.
- "Bhaiaji Superhit - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack". Saavn.