|Born||Jacob Steven Ray Ellenberger|
March 28, 1985
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
|Other names||The Juggernaut|
|Height||5 ft 9 in (175 cm)|
|Weight||170 lb (77 kg; 12 st)|
|Reach||71 in (180 cm)|
|Fighting out of||Lake Forest, California, United States|
Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Academy
Glendale Fighting Club
|Rank||Purple belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu under Rodrigo Vaghi|
|Wrestling||NCAA Division II Wrestling|
|Years active||2005 – 2018|
|Mixed martial arts record|
|University||University of Nebraska at Omaha|
|Mixed martial arts record from Sherdog|
last updated on: July 20, 2013
Jacob Steven "Jake" Ellenberger (born March 28, 1985) is a retired American mixed martial artist and former United States Marine who was known for competing in the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC). A professional competitor since 2005, Ellenberger has formerly competed for the Quad Cities Silverbacks of the IFL, Bodog Fight, and King of the Cage.
Jake Ellenberger was born in Omaha, Nebraska. Jake's father was an iron worker, and Jake has a twin brother named Joe who is also an MMA fighter. After starting his career with a 10-0 record, Joe was diagnosed with an extremely rare blood disease called Paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria when he was 24 years old. Some estimates suggest that roughly half of the people diagnosed with PNH die within 10 years of their diagnosis. Joe still corners his brother's fights and is a huge inspiration for Jake. Both Jake and Joe were very athletic growing up; Jake was on the swimming and diving team at Millard South High School while Joe wrestled and played football. By the time Joe was in his senior year, he had won a Nebraska state title. Joe went on to wrestle at the University of Nebraska-Kearney and became a two-time Division II All-American, finishing third in the country twice and was a three-time academic All-American. Jake began training for MMA when he saw his friend fight for the welterweight title in the Victory Fighting Championships. He studied psychology at the University of Nebraska-Omaha for three years and was on the school's Division II wrestling team. Following the end of his own wrestling career and acting as assistant coach, Jake helped his alma mater to win back to back National titles. Jake Ellenberger is also a former Marine.
Mixed martial arts career
International Fight League
Ellenberger suffered the first loss of his career by unanimous decision to Jay Hieron in his IFL debut. In Ellenberger's second IFL appearance, he defeated Ben Uker by TKO in the second round at IFL: Championship Final. Ellenberger filled in on short notice for an injured Rory Markham and represented Pat Miletich's Quad City Silverbacks at the 2007 Team Championship Final. He suffered his only submission loss to Brazilian jiu-jitsu black belt Delson Heleno. In his last fight for the promotion, Ellenberger dominated his opponent, Pat Healy over three rounds to win a unanimous decision at IFL: Las Vegas.
At the event entitled Clash of the Nations, held in St. Petersburg, Russia, Ellenberger lost a unanimous decision to UFC veteran Derrick Noble. He then traveled to Costa Rica and defeated another UFC veteran, Zach Light, via TKO at Costa Rica Combat. In his last appearance with BodogFight, Ellenberger knocked out Jose Landi-Jons in just nine seconds.
Ellenberger represented the United States at M-1 Challenges in Japan and South Korea. In his first bout held in Japan, Ellenberger defeated Frenchman Farouk Lakebir by unanimous decision. In his next fight, held in Korea, Ellenberger defeated Doo Won Seo via TKO in round two.
Ultimate Fighting Championship
Ellenberger was set to face Ben Saunders at UFC 111 in Newark, New Jersey as a replacement for the injured Martin Kampmann; however, once Jon Fitch's original opponent, Thiago Alves, was forced out due to a brain irregularity, Saunders requested and was granted a fight against Fitch instead. Due to the last minute switch, Ellenberger was still paid win and show money.
Ellenberger defeated John Howard via third-round TKO at UFC Live: Jones vs. Matyushenko. Ellenberger caused Howard's left eye to close after repeatedly landing short elbows and punches from the closed guard.
Ellenberger was expected to face Jon Fitch on February 5, 2011, at UFC 126, but Fitch was pulled from the bout in favor with a matchup with BJ Penn at UFC 127. Ellenberger instead faced the then-undefeated Carlos Eduardo Rocha at UFC 126 and won the fight via split decision.
The Ellenberger/Sanchez bout took place on February 15, 2012, at UFC on Fuel TV 1 Ellenberger defeated Sanchez via unanimous decision, in a bout that earned both fighters Fight of the Night honors.
Ellenberger was expected to face Josh Koscheck on September 1, 2012, at UFC 151. However, Koscheck pulled out of the bout citing a back injury and was replaced by returning UFC veteran Jay Hieron. Hieron gave Ellenberger his first loss six years earlier. After the UFC 151 event was cancelled, Ellenberger/Hieron took place on October 5, 2012, at UFC on FX 5. Ellenberger won the fight via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28).
Ellenberger was expected to face Johny Hendricks on March 16, 2013, UFC 158. However, Hendricks was pulled from the Ellenberger bout in favor of a matchup with Carlos Condit at the event after Condit's original opponent Rory MacDonald, pulled out of the bout with an injury. Ellenberger instead faced returning veteran Nate Marquardt. Ellenberger defeated Marquardt via spectacular first-round knockout. The win also garnered him his second Knockout of the Night bonus.
Ellenberger faced Rory MacDonald on July 27, 2013, at UFC on Fox 8. MacDonald was able to use his size and reach advantage to repeatedly land his jab, neutralizing the shorter Ellenberger, resulting in a unanimous decision victory. UFC president Dana White criticized the performance as "lackluster".
Ellenberger was expected to face Tarec Saffiedine on January 4, 2014, at UFC Fight Night 34. However, in late November, Ellenberger pulled out of the bout citing a hamstring injury and was replaced by Hyun Gyu Lim.
On April 9, 2014, Ellenberger revealed that he had signed an eight-fight contract with UFC with disclosed title clauses should he be a champion in the future.
The bout with Saffiedine was rebooked for UFC 172. However, on March 28, 2014, Saffiedine pulled out of the fight with an undisclosed injury. Ellenberger instead faced Robbie Lawler at UFC 173 on May 24, 2014. He lost the fight via TKO in the third round due to a combination of a knee and punches.
Ellenberger faced Josh Koscheck on February 28, 2015, at UFC 184. Ellenberger won the fight via submission in the second round, his first submission victory in nine years. It also earned Ellenberger a Performance of the Night bonus.
Ellenberger faced Jorge Masvidal on December 3, 2016, at The Ultimate Fighter 24 Finale. He lost the fight by TKO in the first round after his foot became entangled in the fence, rendering him unable to defend himself from Masvidal's strikes.
Ellenberger was expected to face Bryan Barberena on June 1, 2018 at UFC Fight Night 131. However, on March 23, 2018, Barberena pulled out due to injury. He will be replaced by Ben Saunders. Ellenberger lost by TKO after being dropped by knee to the body in the first round.
The pairing with Barberena was rescheduled and took place on August 25, 2018 at UFC Fight Night 135. Ellenberger lost the fight by TKO in the first round and subsequently announced his retirement from Mixed Martial Arts.
Championships and accomplishments
Mixed martial arts
- Ultimate Fighting Championship
- 2011 All-Violence Second Team
Mixed martial arts record
|Professional record breakdown|
|46 matches||31 wins||15 losses|
|Loss||31–15||Bryan Barberena||TKO (punches)||UFC Fight Night: Gaethje vs. Vick||25 August 2018||1||2:26||Lincoln, Nebraska, United States|
|Loss||31–14||Ben Saunders||TKO (knee to the body and punches)||UFC Fight Night: Rivera vs. Moraes||June 1, 2018||1||1:56||Utica, New York, United States|
|Loss||31–13||Mike Perry||KO (elbow)||UFC Fight Night: Swanson vs. Lobov||April 22, 2017||2||1:05||Nashville, Tennessee, United States|
|Loss||31–12||Jorge Masvidal||TKO (punches)||The Ultimate Fighter: Tournament of Champions Finale||December 3, 2016||1||4:05||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
|Win||31–11||Matt Brown||TKO (body kick and punches)||UFC 201||July 30, 2016||1||1:46||Atlanta, Georgia, United States||Performance of the Night.|
|Loss||30–11||Tarec Saffiedine||Decision (unanimous)||UFC on Fox: Johnson vs. Bader||January 30, 2016||3||5:00||Newark, New Jersey, United States|
|Loss||30–10||Stephen Thompson||KO (spinning hook kick)||The Ultimate Fighter: American Top Team vs. Blackzilians Finale||July 12, 2015||1||4:29||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
|Win||30–9||Josh Koscheck||Submission (north-south choke)||UFC 184||February 28, 2015||2||4:20||Los Angeles, California, United States||Performance of the Night.|
|Loss||29–9||Kelvin Gastelum||Submission (rear-naked choke)||UFC 180||November 15, 2014||1||4:46||Mexico City, Mexico|
|Loss||29–8||Robbie Lawler||TKO (knee and punches)||UFC 173||May 24, 2014||3||3:06||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
|Loss||29–7||Rory MacDonald||Decision (unanimous)||UFC on Fox: Johnson vs. Moraga||July 27, 2013||3||5:00||Seattle, Washington, United States|
|Win||29–6||Nate Marquardt||KO (punches)||UFC 158||March 16, 2013||1||3:00||Montreal, Quebec, Canada||Knockout of the Night.|
|Win||28–6||Jay Hieron||Decision (unanimous)||UFC on FX: Browne vs. Bigfoot||October 5, 2012||3||5:00||Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States|
|Loss||27–6||Martin Kampmann||TKO (knees)||The Ultimate Fighter: Live Finale||June 1, 2012||2||1:40||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
|Win||27–5||Diego Sanchez||Decision (unanimous)||UFC on Fuel TV: Sanchez vs. Ellenberger||February 15, 2012||3||5:00||Omaha, Nebraska, United States||Fight of the Night.|
|Win||26–5||Jake Shields||TKO (knee and punches)||UFC Fight Night: Shields vs. Ellenberger||September 17, 2011||1||0:53||New Orleans, Louisiana, United States||Knockout of the Night.|
|Win||25–5||Sean Pierson||KO (punches)||UFC 129||April 30, 2011||1||2:42||Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
|Win||24–5||Carlos Eduardo Rocha||Decision (split)||UFC 126||February 5, 2011||3||5:00||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
|Win||23–5||John Howard||TKO (doctor stoppage)||UFC Live: Jones vs. Matyushenko||August 1, 2010||3||2:21||San Diego, California, United States|
|Win||22–5||Mike Pyle||TKO (punches)||UFC 108||January 2, 2010||2||0:22||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
|Loss||21–5||Carlos Condit||Decision (split)||UFC Fight Night: Diaz vs. Guillard||September 16, 2009||3||5:00||Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States|
|Win||21–4||Marcelo Alfaya||KO (punch)||Bellator 11||June 12, 2009||1||0:42||Uncasville, Connecticut, United States||Catchweight (175 lbs) bout.|
|Win||20–4||Brendan Seguin||Decision (unanimous)||VFC 27: Mayhem||May 1, 2009||3||5:00||Council Bluffs, Iowa, United States|
|Win||19–4||Doo Won Seo||TKO (doctor stoppage)||M-1 Challenge 6: Korea||August 29, 2008||2||3:04||Seoul, South Korea|
|Win||18–4||Farouk Lakebir||Decision (majority)||M-1 Challenge 5: Japan||July 17, 2008||2||5:00||Tokyo, Japan|
|Loss||17–4||Rick Story||Decision (unanimous)||SF 23: Heated Rivals||June 20, 2008||3||5:00||Portland, Oregon, United States|
|Win||17–3||Pat Healy||Decision (unanimous)||IFL: Las Vegas||February 29, 2008||3||4:00||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
|Win||16–3||Jose Landi-Jons||KO (punch)||EFC 5: Revolution||November 3, 2007||1||0:09||Prince George, British Columbia, Canada|
|Loss||15–3||Delson Heleno||Submission (armbar)||IFL: 2007 Team Championship Final||September 20, 2007||2||3:45||Hollywood, Florida, United States|
|Win||15–2||Zach Light||TKO (punches)||Bodog Fight: Costa Rica Combat||February 16, 2007||1||3:51||San José, Costa Rica|
|Win||14–2||Ben Uker||TKO (punches)||IFL : Championship Final||December 29, 2006||2||1:44||Uncasville, Connecticut, United States||Middleweight bout.|
|Loss||13–2||Derrick Noble||Decision (unanimous)||Bodog Fight: Clash of the Nations||December 16, 2006||3||5:00||St. Petersburg, Russia|
|Win||13–1||Ryan Stout||TKO (punches)||IFC: Rumble on the River 2||November 10, 2006||2||4:06||Kearney, Nebraska, United States|
|Loss||12–1||Jay Hieron||Decision (unanimous)||IFL: Championship 2006||June 3, 2006||3||4:00||Atlantic City, New Jersey, United States|
|Win||12–0||Gil Castillo||TKO (punches)||IFC: Caged Combat||April 1, 2006||1||1:30||Sacramento, California, United States|
|Win||11–0||Kenneth Allen||Submission (armbar)||IFC: Rumble on the River||March 11, 2006||1||N/A||Kearney, Nebraska, United States|
|Win||10–0||Mark Bear||TKO (doctor stoppage)||VFC 12: Warpath||February 25, 2006||2||N/A||Council Bluffs, Iowa, United States||Doctor stoppage due to cut.|
|Win||9–0||Laverne Clark||Submission (triangle choke)||KOTC 64: Raging Bull||December 16, 2005||2||3:06||Cleveland, Ohio, United States|
|Win||8–0||Sean Huffman||Submission (punches)||VFC 11: Demolition||December 3, 2005||3||0:22||Council Bluffs, Iowa, United States|
|Win||7–0||Brian Daley||TKO (punches)||AFC 4: New Hitter||November 18, 2005||1||1:31||Omaha, Nebraska, United States|
|Win||6–0||Evan Boemer||KO (punches)||Extreme Challenge 65||October 21, 2005||1||0:48||Medina, Minnesota, United States|
|Win||5–0||Brent Shepard||KO (punch)||All Fighting Championships 3||September 24, 2005||1||N/A||Omaha, Nebraska, United States|
|Win||4–0||Deryck Ripley||Submission (punches)||VFC 10: Championship X||August 6, 2005||1||1:41||Council Bluffs, Iowa, United States|
|Win||3–0||Brad Fox||TKO (punches)||ROF 17: Unstoppable||June 18, 2005||2||2:15||Castle Rock, Colorado, United States|
|Win||2–0||Cory Simpson||Submission (choke)||XKK: Des Moines||May 20, 2005||3||N/A||Des Moines, Iowa, United States|
|Win||1–0||Cameron Wells||TKO (punches)||AFC 1: Takedown||April 9, 2005||1||N/A||Omaha, Nebraska, United States|
On March 1, 2016, at the Walk of Fame Ellenberger was interviewed in the segment Lie Witness News of talk show Jimmy Kimmel Live and was caught lying about voting for Donald Trump in the presidential primaries at Super Tuesday that morning, while the election for California will not be held until June 7, 2016. However, reports have come out from multiple people who were previously featured on the segment, claiming that the answers are taken out of context, while others stated that they were playing along, knowing that it was a joke. Examples include accusations of them using the answer to a question and selectively editing it to appear as if they were answering another question, which was then aired on the program, thus casting doubt on the legitimacy of the segment. This is further compounded by claims that the audio of the person asking the questions, who is never seen on camera actually asking the questions, appeared to be cleaner than the audio of those being interviewed.
- "Fight Card - The Ultimate Fighter Finale American Top Team vs. Blackzilians". UFC.com. Retrieved July 14, 2015.
- "Jake Ellenberger - Official UFC Fighter Profile". UFC.com. Retrieved November 16, 2014.
- Coach Mike R (July 28, 2013). "Dear UFC, John Moraga and Jake Ellenberger Were Never Collegiate All-Americans". bloodyelbow.com.
- "Omaha Athletics". omavs.com.
- "Ellenberger's first loss? Jay Hieron". Newsday. Retrieved 2017-01-16.
- "Jake Ellenberger vs Ben Uker Fight Result IFL - Championship Final". www.mma-core.com. Retrieved 2017-01-16.
- "Pat Healy vs. Jake Ellenberger, IFL 20 | MMA Bout Page | Tapology". Tapology. Retrieved 2017-01-16.
- Hui, Ray (2010-01-14). "Derrick Noble to Fight Yves Edwards at MFC 24". MMA Fighting. Retrieved 2017-01-16.
- "Zach Light". ESPN.com. Retrieved 2017-01-16.
- "Jake Ellenberger vs Jose Landi-Jons Fight Result EFC 5 - Revolution". www.mma-core.com. Retrieved 2017-01-16.
- "Farouk Lakebir". www.fighters.com. Retrieved 2017-01-16.
- "Jake Ellenberger vs. Doo Won Seo, M-1 Challenge 6: Korea | MMA Bout Page | Tapology". Tapology. Retrieved 2017-01-16.
- Cruz, Guilherme (2013-10-25). "Alfaya wants to beat Fitch and spoil WSOF plans". MMA Fighting. Retrieved 2017-01-16.
- Bruce Huckfeldt. "Carlos Condit to face new UFC addition Jake Ellenberger at UFC Fight Night 19". mmajunkie. Archived from the original on 2010-02-06.
- "Mike Pyle vs. Jake Ellenberger latest addition to UFC 108 card". mmajunkie.com. Archived from the original on 2009-10-24. Retrieved 2009-10-21.
- "Jon Fitch replaces Jake Ellenberger, meets Ben Saunders on UFC 111 main card". mmajunkie.
- "Jake Ellenberger vs. John Howard targeted for UFC on Versus 2". MMAjunkie. Archived from the original on 2010-04-23.
- "Jon Fitch vs. Jake Ellenberger targeted for UFC 126 in February". mmajunkie.com. November 1, 2010. Archived from the original on November 3, 2010.
- "Jon Fitch vs BJ Penn set to headline UFC 127 in Australia". fighters.com. November 21, 2010.
- "Jake Ellenberger vs. Carlos Eduardo Rocha targeted for UFC 126 main card". mmajunkie.com. November 30, 2010. Archived from the original on December 3, 2010.
- "Ellenberger in for Foster, faces Pierson at UFC 129". ufc.com. April 13, 2011.
- "Jake Shields vs. Jake Ellenberger confirmed for "UFC Fight Night 25: Battle on the Bayou"". mmajunkie.com. 2011-06-28. Archived from the original on 2011-07-01.
- "Jake Ellenberger and Diego Sanchez scheduled for battle at UFC 141". mmamatrix.com. September 29, 2011. Retrieved September 29, 2011.
- "Diego Sanchez on the Mend; Eyeing 2012 UFC Return". mmaweekly.com. October 24, 2011. Retrieved October 24, 2011.
- Morgan, John (November 29, 2011). "Jake Ellenberger vs. Diego Sanchez to headline Feb. 15 UFC event on FUEL TV". mmajunkie.com. Archived from the original on December 1, 2011. Retrieved November 29, 2011.
- "Jake Ellenberger vs. Martin Kampmann headlines The Ultimate Fighter Live Finale". mmajunkie.com. March 21, 2012. Retrieved March 21, 2012.
- "Josh Koscheck vs. Jake Ellenberger booked for UFC 151 in Las Vegas". mmajunkie.com. July 18, 2012. Archived from the original on July 21, 2012.
- "Josh Koscheck forced out at UFC 151, Jake Ellenberger awaits new opponent". mmajunkie.com. August 7, 2012. Archived from the original on August 10, 2012.
- "Jay Hieron rejoins the UFC, meets Jake Ellenberger at UFC 151". mmajunkie.com. August 8, 2012.
- "With UFC 151 scrapped, Ellenberger-Hieron moved to UFC on FX 5 in Minneapolis". mmajunkie.com. August 23, 2012. Archived from the original on August 25, 2012.
- Grienke, Keith (December 15, 2012). "GSP to Face Diaz at UFC 158 in Montreal". TopMMANews.com.
- John Morgan and Steven Marrocco (2013-02-18). "Rory MacDonald scratched from UFC 158, Johny Hendricks now meets Carlos Condit". MMAjunkie.com. Retrieved 2013-02-18.
- Steven Marrocco (2013-02-19). "Nate Marquardt steps in to meet Jake Ellenberger at UFC 158 in Montreal". MMAjunkie.com. Retrieved 2013-02-19.
- "UFC 158 bonuses: Ellenberger, Hendricks, Condit score $50,000 awards". mmajunkie.com. March 16, 2013.
- Staff (April 10, 2013). "Jake Ellenberger vs. Rory MacDonald added to July's UFC on FOX 8 in Seattle". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved April 10, 2013.
- Maggie Hendricks (July 27, 2013). "Rory MacDonald wins UFC on Fox 8 snoozefest over Jake Ellenberger". sports.yahoo.com. Retrieved July 27, 2013.
- Dave Doyle (July 28, 2013). "Dana White on MacDonald vs. Ellenberger: 'That fight sucked so bad'". mmafighting.com. Retrieved July 28, 2013.
- Staff (2013-10-12). "Jake Ellenberger-Tarec Saffiedine targeted for UFC's January debut in Singapore". MMAjunkie.com.com. Retrieved 2013-10-12.
- Dave Doyle (2013-11-30). "Jake Ellenberger reveals hamstring injury forced him out of UFC Fight Night 34". MMAjfighting.com. Retrieved 2013-11-30.
- Dann Stupp, Rick Lee (2014-05-05). "UFC 173's Jake Ellenberger: We got 'everything we wanted' with new contract". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2014-05-05.CS1 maint: Uses authors parameter (link)
- Staff (2014-01-24). "Jake Ellenberger says he's fighting Tarec Saffiedine at UFC 172 in April". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2014-01-24.
- MMAjunkie staff (March 28, 2014). "With Saffiedine injured, Ellenberger vs. Lawler booked for UFC 173". MMAjunkie.com. Retrieved March 29, 2014.
- Mookie Alexander (2014-08-26). "Ellenberger vs. Gastelum among four fights confirmed for UFC 180". bloodyelbow.com. Retrieved 2014-08-26.
- Ben Fowlkes (2014-11-15). "UFC 180 results: Kelvin Gastelum stuns Jake Ellenberger with first-round choke". mmajunkie.com.
- Brian Martin (2014-12-02). "Josh Koscheck vs. Jake Ellenberger added to UFC 184 at Staples Center". dailynews.com. Retrieved 2014-12-02.
- Tim Burke (2014-02-28). "UFC 184 results: Jake Ellenberger submits Josh Koscheck". bloodyelbow.com. Retrieved 2015-02-28.
- Matt Erickson (2015-03-01). "UFC 184 bonuses: Of course Ronda Rousey won $50,000. But who joined her?". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2015-03-01.
- Staff (2015-05-15). "UFC Fight Night 70 moves to Florida, gets Machida-Romero; TUF 21 Finale set for Vegas". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2015-05-15.
- Mookie Alexander (2015-07-12). "TUF 21 Finale result: Stephen Thompson knocks out Jake Ellenberger with spinning hook kick". bloodyelbow.com. Retrieved 2015-07-12.
- Marc Raimondi (2015-11-04). "Jake Ellenberger vs. Tarec Saffiedine added to UFC on FOX 18". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2015-11-04.
- Brett Okamoto (2016-05-26). "Matt Brown, Jake Ellenberger matchup added to UFC 201". espn.go.com. Retrieved 2016-05-26.
- Steven Marrocco (2016-07-30). "UFC 201 results: Jake Ellenberger stuns Matt Brown early, then upsets him with body kick". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2016-07-30.
- Steven Marrocco (2016-07-30). "UFC 201 bonuses: Woodley, Ellenberger, Kowalkiewicz, Namajunas pocket $50K awards". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2016-07-30.
- Staff (2016-09-28). "Jake Ellenberger vs. Jorge Masvidal booked for December's TUF 24 Finale in Las Vegas". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2016-09-28.
- Damon Martin (2016-12-03). "TUF 24 Finale results: Jorge Masvidal TKOs Jake Ellenberger in bizarre finish after foot gets stuck in cage". foxsports.com. Retrieved 2016-12-03.
- Dave Doyle (2017-03-03). "Jake Ellenberger vs. Mike Perry set for UFC Nashville". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2017-03-03.
- Ben Fowlkes (2017-04-23). "UFC Fight Night 108 results: Mike Perry knocks out Jake Ellenberger with devastating elbow". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2017-04-23.
- Alexander K. Lee (2018-03-20). "Jake Ellenberger meets Bryan Barberena at UFC Utica". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2018-03-20.
- "Bryan Barberena injured; new UFC Fight Night 131 opponent sought for Jake Ellenberger". MMAjunkie. 2018-03-23. Retrieved 2018-03-24.
- "Jake Ellenberger gets replacement opponent for UFC Fight Night 131 in Utica". MMAjunkie. 2018-03-30. Retrieved 2018-03-30.
- "UFC Fight Night 131 results: Ben Saunders takes out Jake Ellenberger with brutal knee". MMAjunkie. 2018-06-02. Retrieved 2018-06-02.
- Staff (2018-07-18). "Bryan Barberena announces UFC Lincoln bout with Jake Ellenberger". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2018-07-18.
- Matt Erickson (2018-08-25). "UFC Fight Night 135 results: Bryan Barberena stops Jake Ellenberger, who retires after loss". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2018-08-27.
- "Second Team". sherdog.com.
- Dyce, Mark (2016). "UFC fighter Jake Ellenberger caught lying on Jimmy Kimmel 'Lie Witness News' (Video)". Fansided. Retrieved 31 March 2018.