- The UFC's welterweight division, which groups competitors within 156 to 170 lb (71 to 77 kg)
- The ONE Championship's welterweight division, with upper limit at 84 kg (185.2 lb)
Ambiguity and clarification
Many other sports that use the welterweight class, such as boxing, kickboxing, and Muay Thai, define it as below about 147 lbs (67 kg). The MMA welterweight class is therefore significantly heavier than the welterweight class of these other sports. For the sake of uniformity, many American mixed martial arts websites refer to competitors between 156 and 170 lb (71 and 77 kg) as welterweights. This encompasses the Shooto middleweight division (167 lb / 76 kg).
This table is not always up to date. Last updated December 7, 2018.
|UFC||July 30, 2016||Tyron Woodley||19-3-1 (6KO 6SUB)||3 (+ 1a)|
|Bellator MMA||January 20, 2018||Rory MacDonald||20-5 (7KO 7SUB)||0|
|ONE Championship||November 17, 2018||Zebaztian Kadestam||11-4 (9KO 1SUB)||0|
|British Association of Mixed Martial Arts||March 9,2018||Terry Brazier||10-1 (4KO 2SUB)||0|
|Fight Nights Global||May 19, 2017||Georgy Kichigin||18-5 (1KO 15SUB)||1|
|KSW||April 14, 2018||Roberto Soldić||0|
|Titan FC||June 29, 2018||Uroš Jurišic||9-0 (4KO 4SUB)||0|
|ACA||September 8, 2018||Albert Tumenov||12-0 (2KO 8SUB)||0|
|Legacy Fighting Alliance||September 22, 2017||James Nakashima||8-0||0|
|Cage Warriors||Oct 20, 2018||Ross Houston||8 - 0||0|
- Fight was recorded as a "Majority Decision Draw"
Most wins in Welterweight title bouts
- Note: the list includes wins in bouts for welterweight titles of major promotions (UFC, Strikeforce, WEC, Bellator)
- Note: the list includes both undisputed and interim champions
- Active title reign
|Name||Promotion||Title bout wins|
|1.||George St. Pierre||UFC||12|
|Nick Diaz||WEC, Strikeforce||5 (1 WEC, 4 Strikeforce)|
|Carlos Condit||WEC, UFC||5 (4 WEC, 1 UFC)|
|Tyron Woodley||UFC||3 (+1a)|
- List of current MMA Welterweight champions
- List of UFC Welterweight Champions
- List of Strikeforce Welterweight Champions
- List of Pancrase Welterweight Champions
- a.^ Fight was recorded as a "Majority Decision Draw". Woodley retained his title.
- "Nevada Revised Statutes: Chapter 467 - Unarmed Combat". www.leg.state.nv.us. Retrieved 2007-02-20.
- "Unified Rules of MMA". Association of Boxing Commissions. Retrieved 2012-07-15.