Joe Davis (sportscaster)
|Los Angeles Dodgers|
December 6, 1987 |
Lansing, Michigan, U.S.
Joseph Daniel "Joe" Davis (born December 6, 1987) is an American sportscaster. Davis serves as a play-by-play announcer for Los Angeles Dodgers baseball on SportsNet LA and for college football, college basketball, and MLB baseball on Fox Sports.
Davis called football, basketball, baseball and hockey for ESPN and was formerly the voice of the Montgomery Biscuits. From 2011-2012, Davis called college football, basketball, and baseball for Comcast Sports Southeast and served as a studio host for the Baylor ISP Network for the Baylor Bears and called NCAA Division III football and basketball for D3Sports.com. He is one of the very few broadcasters who has announced Division I sports along with Division III sports as well. For one season, Joe was the lead voice of the 2009 Illinois High School Volleyball State Championships and was the manager of broadcasting & media as well as calling games for the Schaumburg Flyers. His past work includes Beloit College basketball (men's and women's) and baseball as well as fill-in work for the Loyola Ramblers men's volleyball and women's basketball. He also called Sun Belt football and basketball for the Sun Belt Network. In July 2014 Davis was hired by Fox Sports 1 to call Pac-12 and Big 12 football and basketball as well as regional Major League Baseball and National Football League games.
In November 2015, Davis was hired by Time Warner Cable SportsNet LA (now Spectrum SportsNet LA) to serve as an alternate play-by-play for the Los Angeles Dodgers during the 2016 season. He split the play-by-play role with Charley Steiner for the games that were not called by Vin Scully. He became the full-time announcer for all Dodgers telecasts on SportsNet LA upon Scully's retirement after the 2016 season.
Davis grew up in Potterville, Michigan and graduated from Beloit College in 2010 with a degree in communications and journalism. He is among the youngest broadcasters ever broadcasting sports in their twenties along with Adam Amin, a broadcaster from ESPN; and Jared Sandler, a play-by-play broadcaster for the Texas Rangers.
- 2016–present: Los Angeles Dodgers on SportsNet LA play-by-play
- 2015–present: Fox NFL play-by-play
- 2014–present: Fox Major League Baseball play-by-play
- 2014–present: College football, basketball, and baseball on Fox Sports 1 play-by-play
- 2012–2014: College football, basketball, baseball, and hockey on ESPN play-by-play
- 2011–2012: College football, basketball, and baseball on Comcast Sports Southeast play-by-play
- 2010–2012: Montgomery Biscuits play-by-play
- 2010–2011: Baylor ISP Network Studio Host
- 2007–2010: D3Sports.com football and basketball play-by-play
- 2009: Illinois State High School Volleyball State Championships play-by-play on IHSA TV
- 2009: Schaumburg Flyers manager of broadcasting & media and play-by-play
- 2009: Loyola Ramblers men's volleyball and women's volleyball fill-in play-by-play
- 2006–2009 Beloit College baseball and basketball (men's and women's) play-by-play
- "Joe Davis to call Dodgers games through at least 2017". True Blue LA (SBNation). Retrieved 2 March 2017.
- Stephen, Eric (November 11, 2015). "Dodgers hire Joe Davis to call 50 road games on TV in 2016". SB Nation. Retrieved December 3, 2015.