2019 Major League Baseball All-Star Game
|Date||July 9, 2019|
|TV announcers||Joe Buck, John Smoltz, Ken Rosenthal and Tom Verducci|
|Radio announcers||Jon Sciambi and Chris Singleton|
The 2019 Major League Baseball All-Star Game will be the 90th Major League Baseball All-Star Game. The game will be hosted by the Cleveland Indians and will be played at Progressive Field on July 9, 2019.
The decision to name Cleveland the host city was announced on January 27, 2017 by Major League Baseball Commissioner Rob Manfred. It will be the sixth All-Star Game in Cleveland, and the first since 1997; this will establish the Indians as the team to have hosted the most All-Star Games, breaking a four-way tie with the Pittsburgh Pirates, St. Louis Cardinals, and Cincinnati Reds, who have each hosted the game five times. It is also the first time since 2014 that an American League team has hosted the event. This All-Star Game will also coincide with the 25th anniversary of Progressive Field and make it the second All-Star Game hosted by that ballpark. Alex Cora of the defending World Series champion Boston Red Sox will manage the American League, and Dave Roberts of the Los Angeles Dodgers will manage the National League for the second consecutive year.
Bidding for the 2019 All-Star Game began roughly five years before in 2014, according to Indians owner Paul Dolan. The selection of Cleveland to host the 2019 All-Star Game was heavily influenced by two major factors. The first involves recent improvement and growth throughout downtown Cleveland. The second factor is the recent success enjoyed by the Indians which culminated in an appearance in the 2016 World Series. Though the Indians fell to the Chicago Cubs in seven games that year, Commissioner Manfred spoke highly of the city and its response to the World Series, stating that, "Cleveland's a baseball town and it will be a great host for the Midsummer Classic." Recent renovations and improvements in Progressive Field also influenced the decision to name the ballpark as the All-Star Game host for the second time. Estimates place the economic benefit Cleveland will see as the event's host city in the range of $60-65 million.
- List of Major League Baseball All-Star Games
- Major League Baseball All-Star Game Most Valuable Player Award
- All-Star Futures Game
- Home Run Derby
- Bastian, Jordan (January 27, 2017). "Cleveland to host 2019 All-Star Game". MLB.com. MLB Advanced Media. Retrieved January 5, 2018.
- Snyder, Matt (January 27, 2017). "Cleveland Indians' Progressive Field to host 2019 MLB All-Star Game". CBS Sports. Retrieved January 5, 2018.
- Castrovince, Anthony (August 7, 2018). "Stars and strings: 2019 ASG logo unveiled". Indians.com. MLB Advanced Media. Retrieved November 20, 2018.
- "Major League Baseball and the Cleveland Indians unveil the official logo of the 2019 All-Star Game presented by Mastercard". MLB.com (Press release). MLB Advanced Media. August 7, 2018. Retrieved November 20, 2018.
The official logo of the 2019 All-Star Game celebrates the rich culture of Cleveland. Here in the spiritual birthplace of Rock and Roll, baseball and music are brought together through the icon of a guitar. Baseball stitching creates the shape that hold the "Rock and Roll" stylized letters of the All-Star Game and its host. The MLB logo punctuates this stylized representation as the head of the guitar. The Club's colors of red and blue are joined with tones of gray used for depth and dimension, while the six strings of the guitar are cleverly used in theme art to recognize Cleveland's sixth time hosting the Midsummer Classic.