Irish Baptist College
|Motto||Domine Sequor (Latin)|
Motto in English
|Lord I Follow|
|Established||4 October 1892|
|Association of Baptist Churches in Ireland|
|Queen's University Belfast
University of Wales, Lampeter
University of Chester
|Location||Baptist Theological Centre, The Baptist Centre, Moira, Craigavon, BT67 0HG, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
The Irish Baptist College (IBC) is a college, a department of the Association of Baptist Churches in Ireland (ABC) and a Queen's University Belfast centre. It is part of the Baptist Theological Centre which is located in the Baptist Centre and is shared with ABC. IBC is accredited and reached Premier College Status by the Accreditation Service for International Colleges (ASIC).
IBC began on 4 October 1892 in Dublin, now Republic of Ireland. In 1964 the college moved to a new campus in Belfast in Northern Ireland. On 10 May 2003 the college moved into the purpose built Baptist Theological Centre in the Baptist Centre located outside Lisburn in Moira in County Antrim.
While existing primarily to serve the needs of the Association of Baptist Churches in Ireland churches and missions department, IBC welcomes candidates from all kinds of Christian backgrounds, and the suitability of its courses for the equipping of men and women for the whole spectrum of Christian service is recognised widely. Students from other denominations include those from Congregational Union of Ireland, Elim Pentecostal Church and Evangelical Presbyterian Church churches. IBC is committed to the absolute authority of Scripture and to the outworking of all matters of faith and practice within a purely evangelical framework.
IBC is part of the Baptist Theological Centre which is located in the Baptist Centre and is shared with ABC. The campus is in a rural area near to the M1 motorway and within the boundaries of the City of Lisburn. IBC is a campus university.
In May 2009 Edwin Ewart was appointed Principal Designate of the Irish Baptist College, and took up the position of Principal of the Irish Baptist College after Hamilton Moore retired in 2010.
- Pastor Edwin Ewart (BA BD MTh MPhil) became College Principal of IBC in 2010. after being a staff lecturer from April 2007. It was in May 2009, that Pastor Ewart was appointed Principal Designate of the Irish Baptist College, to take up the position of Principal of the Irish Baptist College in 2010. Pastor Ewart is also the Tutor in Church History, Biblical, Historical & Systematic Theology.
- Nigel Younge (BSc DipTh PGCE) became Director of Training and a staff lecturer in June 2007.
- Maurice Dowling (BA BD MTh PhD) became a staff lecturer in around 1974. Dowling is the Tutor in Old Testament, Church History & Historical Theology.
- Alan Baird became a staff lecturer in September 2007. Baird is the Ministry Studies Tutor.
- David Haigh (BSc BA) became Administrative & Library Assistant in October 2008.
- Valerie Hamilton became registrar and a staff lecturer October 2006.
- Ken Scott (MA MLitt PhD) became a staff lecturer in 2007. Scott is the Postgraduate Tutor (part-time).
- Association of Baptist Churches in Ireland
- Irish Baptist College Library
- Baptist Centre
- Queen's University Belfast
- University of Chester
- University of Wales, Lampeter