John Wick 3: Parabellum
|John Wick 3: Parabellum|
|Directed by||Chad Stahelski|
|Edited by||Evan Schiff|
John Wick 3: Parabellum is an upcoming American neo-noir action thriller film directed by Chad Stahelski and written by Derek Kolstad, Chris Collins & Marc Abrams, and Shay Hatten. It is the third installment in the John Wick film series following John Wick and John Wick: Chapter 2. The film stars Keanu Reeves, Halle Berry, Ian McShane, Ruby Rose, Hiroyuki Sanada, Common, Lance Reddick, Mark Dacascos, Boban Marjanovic and Laurence Fishburne. It is scheduled to be released on May 17, 2019 by Lionsgate.
John Wick is still on the run following his killing of a High Table member inside The Continental, and with a $14 million global contract out on his life. Banned from any company services, John must fight and kill his way out of New York.
- Keanu Reeves as John Wick, a legendary hitman on the run
- Halle Berry as Sofia, an assassin
- Ian McShane as Winston, the owner and manager of the Continental Hotel in New York.
- Ruby Rose as Ares, a mute assassin and previously Santino's security enforcer in Chapter 2.
- Common as Cassian, previously Gianna's chief bodyguard in Chapter 2, whose life was spared by Wick.
- Lance Reddick as Charon, the concierge at the Continental Hotel in New York.
- Laurence Fishburne as The Bowery King, an underground crime lord.
- Asia Kate Dillon as The Adjudicator, a member of the High Table
- Anjelica Huston as The Director, a member of the High Table
- Mark Dacascos as Zero, an assassin
- Jason Mantzoukas as Tick Tock Man, an assassin
Additionally, Hiroyuki Sanada has been cast in Main antagonist, and Yayan Ruhian, Cecep Arif Rahman, Tiger Hu Chen, Boban Marjanović, Vladimir and Vlado Mihailov, Danish Bhatt, and Candace M. Smith have been cast as assassins.
In October 2016, Chad Stahelski, who directed the two prior films, stated that a third film in the John Wick series was in the works, and in June 2017 it was reported that Derek Kolstad, who wrote the two prior films, would return to write the screenplay. In January 2018, it was reported that Stahelski would return to direct with Hiroyuki Sanada in talks to join the cast. Later, it was revealed that Ian McShane, Ruby Rose, Common, Laurence Fishburne, and Lance Reddick would reprise their roles from previous John Wick films. In May 2018, Halle Berry, Anjelica Huston, Asia Kate Dillon, Mark Dacascos, Jason Mantzoukas, Yayan Ruhian, Cecep Arif Rahman, and Tiger Hu Chen joined the cast.
- McNary, Dave (2018-05-21). "Halle Berry, Anjelica Huston Join 'John Wick: Chapter 3'". Variety. Retrieved 2018-09-19.
- "First 'John Wick Chapter 3' Promo Poster and Synopsis Revealed". Collider. April 25, 2018. Retrieved May 16, 2018.
- Page, Aubrey (October 10, 2016). "'John Wick 3' Already in the Works, Reveals Director Chad Stahelski; 'Chapter 2' Details Teased". Collider. Archived from the original on September 15, 2017. Retrieved September 15, 2017.
- Kit, Borys (June 1, 2017). "'John Wick 3' Brings Back Writer Derek Kolstad (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Archived from the original on September 15, 2017. Retrieved September 15, 2017.
- Romano, Nick. "John Wick 3 brings back Chad Stahelski to direct". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved January 19, 2018.
- Marc, Christopher (February 14, 2018). "'John Wick: ' Begins Filming In April, Slightly Earlier Than Expected - Omega Underground". omegaunderground.com. Retrieved February 16, 2018.
- "'John Wick: Chapter 3' Casts Halle Berry". Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved August 1, 2018.
- Dave McNary (2018-05-21). "'John Wick: Chapter 3' Adds Halle Berry, Anjelica Huston". Variety. Retrieved August 1, 2018.
- Anita Busch (2018-05-21). "Halle Berry, Anjelica Huston Join Returning Cast For 'John Wick". Deadline. Retrieved August 1, 2018.
- HEMMERT, KYLIE (May 8, 2018). "John Wick: Filming Starts with Behind-the-Scenes Photos". ComingSoon.net. Retrieved May 8, 2018.
- "John Wick: Chapter Three Release Date Set for 2019". ComingSoon.net. September 14, 2017. Retrieved September 15, 2017.