Kalyani Priyadarshan At Ranarangam trailer launch event
|Alma mater||Parsons School of Design|
|Years active||2013 – present|
Kalyani Priyadarshan is an Indian film actress who appears in the Malayalam, Telugu and Tamil films. After taking bachelor's degree in architecture designing from Parsons School of Design, New York City, she worked as an assistant in the production design of Krrish 3 (2013) and Iru Mugan (2016). She made her acting debut in the 2017 Telugu film Hello for which she won the Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut – South and 7th South Indian International Movie Awards.
Kalyani was born to Indian filmmaker Priyadarshan and actress Lissy. She is the elder of two children, with a brother Sidharth. Her parents divorced in 2014. She did her early schooling in Lady Andal, Chennai and later studied in Singapore, where she also worked in theatre groups. After completing her schooling, she got her bachelor's degree in architecture designing from Parsons School of Design, New York City. During this time she also interned in theatre. Returning to India, she has attended an acting workshop in Adishakti Theatre, Pondicherry.
Kalyani began her film career in 2013 as an assistant production designer under Sabu Cyril in the Bollywood film Krrish 3 (2013), and in 2016 she worked as an assistant art director in the Tamil film Iru Mugan (2016). In the following year, she made her acting debut with the Telugu film Hello (2017), opposite Akhil Akkineni. It was directed by Vikram Kumar, a former assistant to Priyadarshan, and produced by actor Akkineni Nagarjuna. The film released worldwide on 22 December 2017, and she had received positive response for her performance from critics.
|2013||Krrish 3||N/A||Hindi||Assistant production designer|
|2016||Iru Mugan||N/A||Tamil||Assistant art director|
|2017||Hello||Priya / Junnu||Telugu|
|Marakkar: Arabikadalinte Simham||Aisha||Post-production|
Awards and nominations
|2018||Filmfare Awards South||Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut – South||Hello||Won|||
|SIIMA Awards||Best Debut Actress||Won|||
|Apsara Awards||Debut Heroine of the Year||Won|||
- Winners: 65th Jio Filmfare Awards (South) 2018. Times of India (17 June 2018). Retrieved on 14 August 2018.
- "SIIMA Awards 2018 - Telugu, Kannada nomination list out: Date, place of 7th edition revealed". Ibtimes. 5 September 2018. Retrieved 16 November 2019.
- "SIIMA AWARDS | 2018 | winners | |".
- Subramani, A. (16 September 2016). "Film director Priyadarshan – actor Lissy divorce formalities complete". The Times of India. Retrieved 10 January 2018.
- Kumar, Hemanth (7 January 2018). "Kalyani Priyadarshan on why Hello is the best film that has happened to her career". Firstpost. Retrieved 10 January 2018.
- "Kalyani: Biography of actress". My Star Bio.
- James, Anu (18 July 2017). "It's official: Kalyani Priyadarshan to debut opposite Akhil Akkineni in Telugu". International Business Times. Retrieved 10 January 2018.
- "Debut movie with Akhil". The News Minute.
- "Kalyani Priyadarshan gets a perfect launch". 123 Telugu.com.
- "Winners: 65th Jio Filmfare Awards (South) 2018". Times of India. 17 June 2018. Retrieved 18 November 2019.
- "SIIMA Awards 2018 Telugu Kannada winners list live updates: Baahubali 2 and Rajakumara turn best movies [Photos]". International Business Times. 16 September 2018. Retrieved 18 November 2019.
- "Apsara Awards 2018 winners list: Zee Telugu telecasts celebration of womanhood". International Business Times. 29 April 2018. Retrieved 18 November 2019.