Keerthy Suresh at Mahanati promotions 2018
|Born||17 October 1992|
|Years active||2000–2005; 2013–present|
|Parent(s)||G. Suresh Kumar|
She is the daughter of producer Suresh Kumar and actress Menaka. Keerthy made her debut as a child actress in the early 2000s and returned to fill lead roles after completing an education in fashion design. She played her first lead role in the 2013 Malayalam film Geethaanjali.
Keerthy was born to Malayalam film producer, director Suresh Kumar and Tamil actress Menaka. She has an elder sister Revathy Suresh, who works as a VFX specialist and had previously worked for Shahrukh Khan's production house Red Chillies. Until class four, Keerthy did her schooling in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. She then studied in Kendriya Vidyalaya, Pattom, Thiruvananthapuram before coming back to Chennai to join the Pearl Academy, where she completed her degree in fashion design. She also spent time on an exchange program in Scotland for four months, before completing a two-month internship in London. Despite making a career in acting, she has stated that she was also "seriously considering a career in designing".
In the early 2000s, Keerthy worked as a child actress in a few of her father's productions, such as Pilots (2000), Achaneyanenikkishtam (2001) and Kuberan (2002) and some television serials. 11 years after Kuberan, she made her debut as a lead actress in Priyadarshan's horror film Geethaanjali, in which she had a dual role. She was still studying during that time and shot for Geethanjali during her semester break. Reviews on the film and her performance were mixed, with Sify writing that she "does put in some effort but makes only a limited impression in a double role", while Rediff wrote that she "has got a plum role but whether she impresses with her acting prowess is another matter". In 2014, Keerthy had her next release Ring Master, directed by Rafi of Rafi Mecartin duo, in which she shared screen space with Dileep. She played the role of a blind girl, which she said was much more challenging than her double role in Geethanjali. The film was a commercial success, being termed a "super hit" by Sify.
In 2014, Keerthy accepted her first projects outside of Malayalam and signed on to appear in several Tamil film projects simultaneously. Her first film release was A. L. Vijay's romantic comedy Idhu Enna Maayam (2015), opposite Vikram Prabhu, though the film did not perform well at the box office. Her busy schedule throughout 2015 meant that she had to opt out of films which she had already started working on, including Krishna's Maane Thaene Paeye and Deekay's Kavalai Vendam, in order to accommodate bigger projects. She consequently worked on two films with Sivakarthikeyan in quick succession, Rajini Murugan and Remo, while also playing the lead role in Prabhu Solomon's Thodari, alongside Dhanush. Her Telugu debut was the 2016 film Nenu Sailaja with actor Ram Pothineni. In January 2017, Keerthy appeared in Bairavaa, opposite actor Vijay and directed by Bharathan. She also appeared in Tamil film Paambhu Sattai and Telugu film Nenu Local in 2017. In early 2018, she appeared in Agnyaathavaasi and Thaana Serndha Kootam. She also acted in Nag Ashwin's Telugu-Tamil bilingual epic Mahanati where she portrayed the late southern actress Savitri and for which her performance has received critical acclaim.
As of 2014, Keerthy has completed shooting for the art film Darboni, in which she would be seen as a Kashmiri girl. That year, she also signed up for Telugu film Aina Ishtam Nuvvu, directed by Ramprasad Ragutu. The film, supposedly an adaptation of Rendu Jella Sita (which was also Aina Ishtam Nuvvu's initial title), was termed "a sweet love story on the lines of the Ramayana" by Keerthy, who would be playing Janaki, a "bubbly playful character" similar to Sita.
|Denotes films that have not yet been released:|
|2013||Geethaanjali||Geetha, Anjali||Debut lead role|
|Idhu Enna Maayam||Maya||Tamil||Debut Tamil Film|
|2016||Nenu Sailaja||Sailaja||Telugu||Debut Telugu Film |
Nominated - Filmfare Award for Best Actress - Telugu
|Rajini Murugan||Karthika Devi||Tamil|
|Thaanaa Serndha Koottam||Madhu|
|Seema Raja||Bhoomi, Kadambavel Raja's wife||Extended Cameo|
|2019||Marakkar: Arabikadalinte Simham||TBA||Malayalam||Filming|
Keerthy has sung the following songs for her films:
|2018||Saamy Square||"Pudhu Metro Rail"||Duet with Vikram|||
|2004||Santhana Gopalam||Surya TV||Malayalam||Child artist|||
|2005||Krishna Kripa Sagaram||Amrita TV||Malayalam||Child artist|||
This section needs additional citations for verification. (June 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- 2018 – Asianet Film Awards – Most Popular Tamil Actress
- 2017 – Radio City Cine Awards – Favorite Heroine (2017)
- 2017 – Zee Cinemalu Awards Best Debut – Female – Nenu Sailaja (2016)
- 2016 – 5th South Indian International Movie Awards for Best debut female Tamil – Idhu Enna Maayam (2015)
- 2015 – Edison Award for Best Female Rising Star
- 2014 – Asianet Film Award for Best New Face of the Year (Female) – Geethaanjali (2013)
- 2014 – South Indian International Movie Award for Best Female Debutant Malayalam – Geethaanjali (2013)
- 2014 – Vayalar Film Award for Best Second Actress – Geethaanjali (2013) and Ring Master (2014)
- 2014 – Nana Film Awards for Best Female Debutant – Geethaanjali (2013)
- "Happy Birthday Keerthy Suresh". Indian Express India. 17 October 2016. Retrieved 17 October 2016.
The actor, who turned 24 on Monday, is the new favourite of Kollywood filmmakers.
- "Characters Which Has Scope To Perform Excites Me, Says Keerthi Menaka". www.filmibeat.com. Retrieved 18 November 2014.
- "Menaka was treated like a queen". Retrieved 21 May 2018.
- "సినిమా కష్టాలేవీ లేవు...!". www.eenadu.net. Archived from the original on 17 December 2018. Retrieved 5 February 2017.
- "Menaka was treated like a queen".
- "Want to play memorable roles like mom". malayalam.filmibeat.com. Retrieved 18 November 2014.
- "Menaka was treated like a queen". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 18 November 2014.
- "One for the family". The Hindu. Retrieved 18 November 2014.
- Gupta, Rinku (7 April 2015). "Mayas Role Is Very Close to My Heart". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 8 December 2015.
- "Keerthy Suresh". Keerthy Suresh Height, Weight, Age, Affairs, Wiki & Facts. StarsFact. 10 November 2016. Retrieved 13 November 2016.
- "Nishan to romance Keerthi". Nowrunning. 15 July 2013. Retrieved 18 November 2014.
- "A star is born". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 18 November 2014.
- "Movie Review : Geethanjali". Sify. Retrieved 18 November 2014.
- "Review: Geethanjali disappoints". Rediff. 15 November 2013. Archived from the original on 29 November 2014. Retrieved 18 November 2014.
- "Playing a blind girl is not an easy task: Keerthy Suresh". The Times of India. Retrieved 18 November 2014.
- "Keerthy Suresh on a 'blind' date". Deccan Chronicle. Retrieved 18 November 2014.
- "Six months, six months". IndiaGlitz. Retrieved 18 November 2014.
- "Screening the Past". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 18 November 2014.
- "Kerala Box-Office April 10 to June 15 Summer Hits". Sify. Retrieved 18 November 2014.
- "The shooting of my first Tamil film is going on: Keerthy Suresh". The Times of India. 17 October 2014.
- "Keerthi Suresh is Aari's pair in Krishna's rom-com". The Times of India. Retrieved 18 November 2014.
- "Anushka Shetty wishes Keerthy Suresh luck in K'wood". The Times of India. Retrieved 18 November 2014.
- "Bairavaa (Bhairava) 3 weeks box office collection: Vijay's film earns around Rs 110 crore in 22 days". IB Times. 4 February 2017. Retrieved 15 February 2017.
- "Mahanati actor Keerthy Suresh on playing Savirtri: I'm glad I convinced her daughter with my portrayal- Entertainment News, Firstpost". Retrieved 21 May 2018.
- "I want to play memorable roles like my mom did: Keerthy Suresh". The Times of India. Retrieved 18 November 2014.
- "Keerthy makes her debut in Telugu". Archived from the original on 13 August 2014. Retrieved 16 August 2014.
- "Savitri biopic: Pre-look poster of Mahanati released on Women's Day". 8 March 2017. Retrieved 24 August 2018.
- "Savitri biopic: Pre-look poster of Mahanati released on Women's Day". 8 March 2017. Retrieved 21 May 2018.
- Anupama Subramanian. "Keerthy Suresh sings for Saamy Square". Deccan Chronicle. Retrieved 28 July 2018.
- ഞാന് കീര്ത്തി; മേനകയുടെ മകള്. mangalam.com (16 August 2013). Retrieved on 26 January 2014.
- "As a child artist – Keerthy Suresh: Interesting facts about the 'Mahanati' actress – The Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 24 August 2018.
- "16th Asianet Film Award 2014 Winners List". kerala9.com. Retrieved 18 November 2014.
- "Vayalar Samskarika Vedi Awards". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 18 November 2014.
- "Nana Film Awards 2013– Winners List ~ Movie Gallery". Cinemapopcornphotos.blogspot.in. Retrieved 18 November 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Keerthy Suresh.|