King George station
|Location||9904 King George Blvd
Surrey, British Columbia
|Owned by||BC Transit, TransLink|
|Parking||815 park and ride spaces|
|Opened||March 28, 1994|
King George is an elevated station on the Expo Line of Metro Vancouver's SkyTrain rapid transit system. The station is located in the south end of Surrey's City Centre district and is one of the eastern terminus stations of the Expo Line (the other being Production Way-University station).
King George station is located in Surrey City Centre at the corner of King George Boulevard and 100th Ave, just north of the western terminus of the Fraser Highway. On the south side of the station there used to be a large 815 space parking lot operated by Impark. The station has also recently spurred a series of nearby mixed-use developments. The most recent proposed development to the south of the station has taken half of the park and ride space out of service.
King George station was built in 1994 as part of the second extension of the Expo Line into Surrey; the other stations included on this extension were Gateway and Surrey Central. In contrast to Surrey Central, the King George station is less busy.
Since opening in 1994, it has been the eastern terminus of the Expo Line. The tracks actually continue beyond the station for about a block before they terminate, to store extra cars and to allow eastbound trains to switch tracks for their ensuing westbound runs; plans call for the line to eventually be extended deeper into Surrey following the Fraser Highway, however to date no firm timeline for construction has been established, given that other mass-transit construction projects in Greater Vancouver now under way have been given priority.
|T||Side platform, doors will open on the right|
|← ■ Expo Line towards Waterfront (Surrey Central)|
|Platform 2||■ Expo Line termination track →|
|Side platform, doors will open on the right|
|C||Concourse||Ticket vending machines, fare gates|
|S||Street (East)||Drop off, bus connections|
|Street (West)||Bus connections|
- East entrance: This entrance is accessible by Whalley Boulevard and includes a designated passenger drop off area. Bus connections at this entrance serve Fleetwood, Langley and White Rock.
- West entrance: This entrance is located on King George Boulevard and provides access to bus routes serving Delta, Guildford, Newton and White Rock.
- "2016 Transit Service Performance Review" (PDF). translink.ca. TransLink. Retrieved September 24, 2017.
- "King George Station". TransLink. September 2016. Retrieved November 20, 2016.
- "Route 345 timetable" (PDF). TransLink. Retrieved December 6, 2017.
- "Route 394 timetable" (PDF). TransLink. Retrieved December 6, 2017.
- "Route 395 timetable" (PDF). TransLink. Retrieved December 6, 2017.