November 9, 1984 |
Incheon, South Korea
|Alma mater||Sungkyunkwan University (2010-present)|
|Occupation||Actress, Director, Screenwriter, Singer, Composer, Novelist|
|Height||1.63 m (5 ft 4 in)|
|Weight||42 kg (93 lb)|
|Revised Romanization||Gu Hye-seon|
Ku Hye-sun (Hangul: 구혜선; born November 9, 1984) is a South Korean actress, singer/songwriter and director. She is best known for her roles in the television dramas Pure in Heart (2006), Boys Over Flowers (2009) and Angel Eyes (2014).
Ku Hye-sun entered the entertainment industry after gaining popularity on the internet as an ulzzang. She began her acting career in one-act dramas and the sitcom Nonstop 5. She was also co-MC with Super Junior's Heechul on SBS's weekly live music show Inkigayo from April 23, 2006 to February 18, 2007.
Ku soon rose to fame in the drama Pure in Heart and surprised critics with her performance in the historical drama The King and I. She is most well known for portraying Geum Jan-di in the hit KBS drama Boys Over Flowers opposite Lee Min Ho. After a year in limbo with no broadcasting slot, her pre-produced drama The Musical finally aired in September 2011. Ku next starred as a female pilot in the SBS series Take Care of Us, Captain, followed by Absolute Darling, the Taiwanese drama adaptation of the manga Absolute Boyfriend.
Originally set to debut as a singer (supposedly in a three-member girl group with 2NE1's Park Bom and Sandara Park), YG Entertainment CEO Yang Hyun-suk advised Ku to pursue acting rather than music. In recent years, she has displayed her vocal talents through Sarang Ga ("Love Story", which became the title song of Pure in Heart), a cover of Shim Soo-bong's I Don't Know Anything But Love (which played during a crucial scene in Boys Over Flowers), and a duet of Kim Gun-mo's song Rain Falls on a Sleepless Night with Big Bang member Seungri on the music-talk show Lee Ha-na's Peppermint. Ku has also composed and released an album of New Age music titled Breath (2009), and the singles Brown Hair (2010), Marry Me (2012), Flying Galaxy (2013), and It's You (2013).
Ku wrote Tango, a semi-autobiographical novel about a twenty-something woman's experience with love and relationships. The book was a bestseller, selling 30,000 copies within a week. Its release coincided with her first solo art exhibition, also titled "Tango," in July 2009 at La Mer Gallery, which attracted 10,000 visitors. The exhibition featured around 40 of Ku's illustrations, some from her novel. She has also done artwork for Gummy's fourth album Comfort. In September 2012 she held her second solo art exhibition titled "Afterimage" at the Hangaram Design Arts Center in the Seoul Arts Center, showcasing 120 of her art pieces, then donating all proceeds from the sale of her artwork toward purchasing "clean cars" (germ-free automobiles) for the Korea Leukemia Patient Group.
Ku made her official debut as a director through her short film The Madonna at the 2009 Puchon International Fantastic Film Festival. After writing and directing her first feature-length film Magic in 2010, she continued directing short films such as You and Fragments of Sweet Memories, as well as trailers for film festivals.
In 2011 Ku established her own company, Ku Hye-sun Film, under which she will produce and film her projects, which offers her a measure of legal/business protection. Her second directorial feature The Peach Tree was the first film made by her newly established production company. She said of directing, "It's tiring and grueling. At times you ask yourself, 'Why am I doing this?' But movies have the ability to make you feel alive.".
Her short film, "You" was screened at Moscow, Russia. She directed a 3D short film " Fragments of sweet memories" starring Yoo Seung-ho. In her interview she said "I liked fantasies. 3D technology helps widen the realm for imagination and expression. “However, it’s different from viewing huge projects like ‘Avatar’ where others pursued magnificent and large scaled scenes. I spent time figuring out how to best maximize the emotional and lyrical side of things. I tried to infuse more emotion to the scenes through the spatial and three-dimensional aspect so that others would be able to feel what is intended to be conveyed". This short film was also shown at the French Cannes festival.
Based on n July 13,she Voted Best Female Artist in the Entertainment Industry. In August, she attended "8th Jecheon International Music & Film Festival" where her 3D short film was screened. She also participated in "Big smile project" for women by contributing as a model for the "Women central magazine" cover photo. Ku Hye Sun becomes a best-selling author in Indonesia with her novel Tango (for Rp 43,920). She also gave her voice by narrating a documentary "The hospice of young children who live for today" in SBS. From 18–24 September,she conducted an art exhibition under the theme "After Image".In October 2012,She also donated her proceeds from her art exhibitions to help Leukemia patients. She attended the "Busan International Film Festival" where her full length featured film "The Peach tree" was screened. Her movie "Peach Tree " Showcase at COEX Megabox on 16 October. She composed all the songs in her movie and wrote the lyrics too. She also wrote her next novel "Peach Tree" based on the film, "The Peach Tree".
On 25th, she attended "14th Annual Republic of Korea Design Award‘ ceremony" and was awarded "Minister Commendation".Her movie "The Peach Tree" hit the screens on Oct 31st. She also participated in TV shows like "Come to play - Ku hye sun" in MBC & tvN's Taxi Talk Show.On November 23, Ku and SS501′s Heo Young Saeng received Korea Fulfillment Awards. She was also appointed "Good will ambassador of I3DF." In March 30, 2013,"Peach Tree" was screened ar Golden Horse Fantastic Film Festival (GHFFF) in Taiwan and also on April 9 at the Brussels film festival (BIFF). She wrote a song and acted in MV along with Seo In Guk named "With laughter or with tears". She also directed a CF and for Samsung Galaxy S4 named "My story with S4" along with the other directors namely Jung Woo Sung and Kim Nam Gil. In May 2013, she showcased 15 of her artworks at the Hong Kong Contemporary Art Fair,. Her movie was screened at 15th IWFFIS(International Women's film festival). She and Lee Sang Bong are appointed as 2013 CICB Ambassador. She and Jang MiRan Ministry award for "sharing happiness" on June 28. Her film "Peach tree"was screened at "New york Asian film festival". She released her MV on July 22 named "Its you". She not only wrote the music and lyrics of "It’s You", but also filmed and edited the music video From 14–19 August, she attended the "9th Jecheon International Music and Film Festival" (JIMFF) and was one among the jury for the it. After that she held an art exhibition under the theme "After image" and showed her 20-piece at the Korean Cultural Center in Shanghai. She is also the ambassador for "ArtisTree" - an organization to encourage arts. She has also lent her talent to Korean film fest by directing a trailer for 14th Persons with Disabilities film festival (PDFF) in which she used "sign language" to describe "People born with disabilities do not differ from normal people in the thing called "love".When normal people fall in love they become blind". On September 4, she attended the award presentation of "Love the environment" Contest as she being the ambassador for that contest. YG informed the reporters on Sept 25th that Ku Hye Sun‘s 2012 3D short film, Fragments of Memory, has advanced to finalist for the Seoul Senior Film Festival.So, Ku Hye Sun will attend the opening ceremony of the festival on Sept 30th to receive the citation from the Mayor Park Won Soon. YG spoke on behalf of Ku Hye Sun to reporters that: “It is an honor to make the finalist. Despite the fact that 3D film had to be shown in 2D, she is grateful that they still liked her film. I am so grateful to actor Yoo SeungHo for helping to make the film and I feel so sorry that I was never able to show him the original yet.” Seoul Senior Film Festival is a film festival that covers all three generations from teens to adults to older persons. Total of 36 films are advancing to finalist under the competition category. She was also invited by her friend, Lee Bo Young to sing on her wedding with Ji-Sung that was held on September 27, 2013 and Ku snag her self-composed song, "Its you" in the wedding. On Sept. 28th 2013, Ku Hye Sun attended CICB and exhibited 20 of her hand made crafts and shared her time with the public. She also displayed her wooden, metal crafts as well as surprisingly bright designs which will enlighten and cheer up everyday living spaces. She displayed her own crafts under the theme “butterfly effect”. On Sept 30th, Koo attended the Opening ceremony of Seoul Senior Film Festival. Koo is one among the finalists for her 3D short film, “Fragments of Memories” and she received citation directly from the mayor. On Oct 8th, Koo modeled for Lie Sang Bong's fashion show. On Oct 29th her movie, Peach tree was screened at the Cine French opening. On November 13 Koo attended Sydney International Film Festival (SIFF) as she was appointed as the ambassador of the festival. On Nov 19th, her agency YG announced that Koo has planned for her upcoming movie "Daughter". In this movie, she plays three roles, producing, script writing and directing. This movie is a psychodrama that depicts a mother who gives her daughter an oppressive corporal punishment and her suffering daughter. Ku sends a message to society through the film and will be released in the year 2014. On Nov 28th, Koo released her 5th digital single "Happiness", which is a remake of Seo In Guk’s song of the same title featuring Ku hye sun, and expresses the feelings of regret and emptiness after a breakup from a woman’s perspective this time around. She has started to shoot for her 3rd full movie 'Daughter'. While talking about the movie, she said, "What is most important is to become the winner at the end/ultimately/finally. Right now is not the time to feel accomplished for what project is doing well or making that as a life's goal. To me, what is more important is what kind of person I will live as and remembered. In my 20's, a big hit came my way through BOF. But, I cannot be just stuck there. I felt that I need to mold/make myself even better and live my life even better. That is my life's goal." Actress Ku Hye Sun appears in MBC channel’s two-part documentary drama “Heo Nanseolheon” (written by Kim Mi Ji, produced by Park Tae Sam) and takes part in the program’s narration and production, too.“Heo Nanseolheon” is a special two-part drama created by Gangneung MBC, which will be broadcast in February. In the drama, Ku Hye Sun acts the role of “Heo Nanseulheon”, the heroine, and “Ku Hye Sun in present days”. Plus, she takes the role of the narrator to lead the documentary and partially produced the drama, exerting her capabilities as a producer. Ku Hye Sun has displayed a variety of talents as an actress, filmmaker, painter, and singer, and she now spotlights the inner world of Heo Nanseulheon from her perspective in “Heo Nanseulheon”.Ku Hye Sun perfectly acts as Heo Nanseulheon in her own way, to express Hu’s keen intellect and rich emotions through her eyes.
Ku acted in "Angel Eyes" of SBS. She portrayed the role of "Yoon Soo Wan", who was forced to separate from her first love due to painful family circumstances and meets him after 12 years. A legally blind woman who gets her vision back in an operation and decides to embrace life with passion by becoming an emergency rescue worker. Ku received lot of appreciation for her perfect portrayal of the character and her matured acting.
On September 2014, TVXQ's Changmin and Ku appeared in BeatBurger's MV "She is so high".The music video portrayed TVXQ′s Changmin and actress Ku Hye Sun acting out as a couple. The two have been friends with BeatBurger member Shim Jae Won for many years, and decided to appear in the music video. Ku's movie "Daughter" got invited to "Busan International Film Festival 2014" and is going to be released as an art movie at BIFF, produced and distributed by Yes Productions.
On 24 November, "Daughter" movie had a special screening meeting on Nov. 24th specifically for all the members of the congress (all parties).
The reason for this special meeting is to understand and to solve the problem of child abuse and other social problems. This meeting was co-organized by the senator and activist Nam Yoon In Soon who stated that: Child abuse problem is real in our society as portrayed in the movie, <Daughter>. We aim to look for and implement alternatives and solutions from the congressional level.”
In the KBS drama “Blood” which began airing 16 in February 2015, she plays the character “Yoo Ri Ta” a genius who entered medical school in the age of 17 and who is also wealthy, bright, cheerful character who enjoys her wealth and is often misunderstood as an arrogant and outrageous person. Koo hye sun and the lead actor of this drama, Ahn Jae Hyeon shot on location footage in Romania for this drama. Although the rating was low in Korea, internationally it was a success topping the internet for most watch and becoming the number 1 show on dramfever throughout its airing and continued on after the final episode.
WorldFest-Houston International Film Festival wrapped up its 48th season, on April 20, 2015, with the two-part MBC drama-documentary Heo Nanseolheon receiving a Platinum Remi in the biographical category.
On 29th April 2015, Ku’s piano piece “Rain” topped the QQ music chart, China’s largest search engine. Released six years previously, Ku topped the chart due to the attention given to Blood in China as well.
As of May 14, 2015, Hye Sun posted sneak peak video pictures preparing for her upcoming second album Breath 2.
|Drama City – Anagram||Nurse||KBS2|
|2005||Drama City – Everybody Cha Cha Cha||KBS2|
|Ballad of Seodong||Eun-jin||SBS|
|2006||Pure in Heart||Yang Guk-hwa||KBS1|
|2007||The King and I||Queen Jeheon||SBS|
|2008||Strongest Chil Woo||Yoon So-yoon||KBS2|
|2009||Boys Over Flowers||Geum Jan-di||KBS2|
|2011||Star Life Theater||Herself||KBS2|
|The Musical||Go Eun-bi||SBS|
|2012||Take Care of Us, Captain||Han Da-jin||SBS|
|Absolute Darling||Guan Xiao Fei||GTV|
|The Hospice for the Children Who Live for Today||Documentary narrator||SBS|
|2014||Heo Nanseolheon||Heo Nanseolheon/
|Angel Eyes||Yoon Soo-wan||SBS|
|2007||August Rush||Girl on couch (cameo)||American film|
|2014||Daughter||San||also credited as director and screenwriter|
|2002||"We Match Quite Well"||Sung Si-kyung|
|2004||"The Reason I Close My Eyes"||Taebin|
|2006||"Forget You"||Soul Star|
|2007||"Yesterday Is Different from Today"||Kim Ji-eun|
|2010||"Touch Your Heart"||Fahrenheit|
|"Brown Hair"||Ku Hye-sun|
|2013||"With Laughter or with Tears"||Seo In-guk|
|"It's You"||Ku Hye-sun|
|2014||"She's So High"||Beatburger|
|"Floral Rain"||Ku Hye-sun|
|2012||The Peach Tree||director,
(aka The Cheerful Caretaker)
|2012||Fragments of Sweet Memories
(Samsung Galaxy S4)
singer of theme song
|Cristina Fernandez Lee
|2009||7th Asiana International Short Film Festival||Seo Hyun-jin|||
|2011||13th International Women's Film Festival in Seoul||Ku Hye-sun|||
|2013||14th Persons with Disabilities Film Festival||Ku Hye-sun|||
|2014||10th Jecheon International Music & Film Festival||Ku Hye-sun
|2005||"Happy Birthday To You"
(from Nonstop 5 OST)
|2006||"Sarang Ga (Love Story)"
(from Pure in Heart OST)
|2009||Ku Hye-sun's Sketchbook - Breath (album)||YG Entertainment||singer
|2010||Brown Hair (single)||YG Entertainment||singer
(from Take Care of Us, Captain OST)
|Marry Me (single)||YG Entertainment||singer
|2013||Flying Galaxy (single)||YG Entertainment||singer
|It's You (single)||YG Entertainment||singer
|Happiness (single)||YG Entertainment||singer
|2014||Floral Rain (single)||YG Entertainment||singer
|Must (single)||YG Entertainment||singer
|2010||Ku Hye-sun's The Story Behind the Making of "Magic"|||
|2012||The Peach Tree||Novelization|
|2002||Sambo Computer Slim PC|
|Beauty Credit||Hyun Bin|
|2007-2008||Tous Les Jours|
|2009||LG Teenring||Lee Min-ho, Kim Bum|
|Tous Les Jours||Jo In-sung|
|Somang RG II||Yoon Sang-hyun|
|Shinhan Group||Ji Chang-wook|
|ADefying Clear Spot|
|2010||SKY Izar IM-A630K Android mobile phone|
|Taiwan: Touch Your Heart (Tourism Campaign)|
|Tous Les Jours||Rain|
|2011||Somang Coenzyme Q10||Jung Il-woo|
|Danahan - Ecopure Hair Color Cream|
|Nikon D90||YG Family|
|Ecopure Hair Color Bubble Foam|
|2012||Pure Clean Multi-cleanser|
|2013||Samsung Galaxy S4||Cristina Fernandez Lee,
|2005||October||Cindy the Perky|
|2006||July||Cindy the Perky|
|2007||May||Cindy the Perky|
|2009||July||Elle Girl Korea|
|2010||March||Vogue Girl Korea|
|2010||May||Hot Chili Paper (Japan)|
|2010||May||JIFF Daily (Japan)|
|2013||November||MR (Hong Kong)|
Awards and nominations
|2006||KBS Drama Awards||Best New Actress||Pure in Heart||Won|
|2007||43rd Baeksang Arts Awards||Best New Actress (TV)||Nominated|
|SBS Drama Awards||New Star Award||The King and I||Won|
|2009||26th Busan Asian Short Film Festival||Audience Award||The Madonna||Won|
|4th Andre Kim Best Star Awards||Best Female Star||Boys Over Flowers||Won|
|6th Yahoo! Taiwan Asia Buzz Awards||Best Asian Actress||Won|
|KBS Drama Awards||Excellence Award, Actress in a Mid-length Drama||Won|
|Netizen Award, Actress||Won|
|Best Couple Award with Lee Min-ho||Won|
|14th Asian Television Awards||Best Drama Actress||Nominated|
|2010||12th Short Shorts Film Festival & Asia||Spotlight Award||The Madonna||Won|
|23rd Tokyo International Film Festival||Best Asian-Middle Eastern Film||Magic||Nominated|
|2011||5th Mnet 20's Choice Awards||Hot 20's Voice||N/A||Nominated|
|2012||31st Brussels International Fantastic Film Festival||Orbit Competition||The Peach Tree||Nominated|
|SBS Drama Awards||Top Excellence Award, Actress in a Drama Special||Take Care of Us, Captain||Nominated|
|2012 Korea Fulfillment Awards||Grand Prize (Daesang)||Herself||Won|
|2014||Ministry of Gender Equality and Family||Grand Prize in Gender Equality||Heo Nanseolheon||Won|
|SBS Drama Awards||Excellence Award, Actress in a Drama Special||Angel Eyes||Nominated|
|Best Couple Award with Lee Sang-yoon||Nominated|
|2014 Asian Drama Awards Pilipinas||Best Actress of the Year 2014||Won|
|Song of the Year 2014 "Run To You"||Won|
|Best Couple Award with Lee Sang-yoon||Nominated|
- 2012 International 3D Festival
- 2013 Cheongju International Craft Biennale
- 2013 Artistree 
- 2013 the 4th Persons with Disabilities Film Festival
- 2013 Sydney International Film Festival
- 2015 Honorary ambassador for Seoul 2015 International Blind Sports Association World Games
- Kang, Myoung-seok (2 April 2010). "Actress Ku Hye-sun's Song Picks". 10Asia.
- "2008 K-DRAMA: First Half Wrapup". Twitch Film. 18 July 2008.
- "Ku Hye-sun Talks About her Role in Boys Over Flowers". KBS Global. 26 March 2009.
- Ko, Kyoung-seok (22 August 2011). "Ku Hye-sun mini-series The Musical to premiere Sept 2". 10Asia.
- Hong, Lucia (30 August 2011). "Ku Hye-sun says drank wild berry wine before musical scenes in new drama". 10Asia.
- Hong, Lucia (22 September 2011). "Ku Hye-sun, Yoo Sun, MBLAQ Lee Joon cast in new SBS series". 10Asia.
- Hong, Lucia (1 November 2011). "Shooting begins for new Ji Jin-hee, Ku Hye-sun TV series". 10Asia.
- Hong, Lucia (3 January 2012). "Ku Hye-sun thought flying a plane would be as easy as driving a car". 10Asia.
- Sunwoo, Carla (10 March 2012). "Ku Hye-sun to star in magic world with custom-order boyfriends". Korea JoongAng Daily.
- Choi, Eun-hwa (24 April 2012). "Author of Absolute Boyfriend Comic Applauds Gu Hye Sun's Acting". enewsWorld.
- Sunwoo, Carla (16 October 2012). "Renaissance woman releases single". Korea JoongAng Daily.
- Garcia, Cathy Rose A. (5 July 2009). "Actress Koo Hye-sun Reveals Artistic Side". The Korea Times.
- Hong, Lucia (1 August 2012). "Ku Hye-sun to hold art exhibition". 10Asia.
- Lee, Hye-ji (14 September 2012). "Ku Hye-sun to Donate Exhibition Profits to Children With Leukemia". 10Asia.
- Ho, Stewart (14 September 2012). "Gu Hye Sun to Donate All Profit From Personal Art Exhibition to Aid Leukemia Patients". enewsWorld.
- Sunwoo, Carla (15 September 2012). "Ku Hye-sun art to benefit patients". Korea JoongAng Daily.
- Yang, Sung-hee (30 July 2009). "Versatile actress aims for next big hit". Korea JoongAng Daily.
- Choi, Eun-hwa (12 March 2012). "Yoo Seung Ho Cast in Director Gu Hye Sun's 3D Film". enewsWorld.
- Suk, Monica (12 March 2012). "Ku Hye-sun casts Yoo Seung-ho in her next short film". 10Asia.
- Lee, Tae-ho (30 July 2012). "Actress Ku Hye-sun to attend 8th JIMFF as director". 10Asia.
- Sunwoo, Carla (31 July 2012). "Ku Hye-sun to screen her 3-D short". Korea JoongAng Daily.
- "Ku Hye-sun Returns to Director's Chair". The Chosun Ilbo. 19 February 2011.
- "Cho Seung-woo Set to Return to the Big Screen". The Chosun Ilbo. 24 February 2011.
- Lee, Ji-hye (13 October 2011). "Ku Hye-sun: The appeal to being a director is that you get to do everything together". 10Asia.
- Lee, Claire (25 October 2012). "Koo Hye-sun presents conjoined twins tale on screen". The Korea Herald.
- "Young actress leaps roles in entertainment". Yonhap via The Korea Times. 30 October 2012.
- "Actress-turned-director Ku Hye-sun shines behind the lens in new film". Korea JoongAng Daily. 10 May 2012.
- Lee, Ji-hye (10 August 2012). "JIMFF: Ku Hye-sun says "I am expecting to go to JIMFF camp site"". 10Asia.
- Park, Eun-jee (16 November 2012). "Korean actors find satisfaction off-camera". Korea JoongAng Daily.
- # Indiestory - http://www.indiestory.com/English/html/indie_filmcontent.asp?filmIdx=1246
- News Nate - http://news.nate.com/view/20120426n11831
- MK - http://news.mk.co.kr/newsRead.php?year=2012&no=254371
- KPOP daily news - http://www.dkpopnews.net/2012/07/news-goo-hye-sun-voted-best-female.html
- Kore.com - https://en.korea.com/blog/enter/tv/ku-hye-sun-becomes-a-best-selling-author-in-indonesia-with-her-novel-tango/
- Allkpop- http://www.allkpop.com/article/2012/11/goo-hye-sun-and-ss501s-heo-young-saeng-receives-korea-fulfillment-awards#axzz2ec9MdYR5
- Ohpop - http://www.ohkpop.com/82640/ku-hye-sun-appointed-goodwill-ambassdor-to-internationl-3d-festival-in-busan
- M wave - http://mwave.interest.me/enewsworld/en/article/33649
- Samsung -
- Jeon, Su-mi (7 March 2013). "Ku Hye Sun to Attend the Hong Kong Contemporary Art Fair". enewsWorld.
- "Tale of the Two Cities". Art in Asia. Retrieved 2013-08-07.
- IWFFIS - http://www.wffis.or.kr/wffis2013/03eng_program/01_pro_view.php?code=187
- Guhye sun info - http://www.guhyesun.info/2013/07/19/photo-130628-ku-hyesun-2013-2nd-happiness-sharing-talent-award/
- M wave - http://mwave.interest.me/enewsworld/en/article/39711
- YG - http://www.ygfamily.com/network/Network_Info.asp?LANGDIV=E&IDX=2716
- JIMFF - http://english.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2013/08/03/2013080300437.html
- Allpkpop - http://www.allkpop.com/article/2013/09/goo-hye-sun-to-sing-the-congratulatory-song-at-lee-bo-young-and-ji-sungs-wedding#axzz2ec9MdYR5
- Ho, Stewart (8 September 2012). "Gu Hye Sun Lends Her Voice for SBS Documentary, Donates Earning". enewsWorld.
- Lee, Sun-min (20 November 2013). "Ku Hye-sun to star in her film". Korea JoongAng Daily.
- "Cheerful Caretaker". YouTube. 3 February 2011.
- "Ku Hye Sun's Short Film - You". YouTube. 23 October 2010.
- "Short Film Directed by Ku Hye Sun - 기억의 조각들 (PIECES OF MEMORIES)". YouTube. 3 January 2014.
- Jang, Sung-ran (9 May 2013). "4 Celebrities Make Smartphone Shorts". Korean Film Council.
- "Galaxy S4 Story - Baekgu (White dog)". YouTube. 7 May 2013.
- "Trailer for Asiana International Short Film Festival". YouTube. 20 October 2009.
- "제13회 서울국제여성영화제 트레일러 (The 13th IWFFIS Trailer)". YouTube. 28 March 2011.
- Cho, Suyoun (28 August 2013). "Ku Hye sun to direct trailer video of 14th Persons with Disabilities Film Festival". BNTNews.
- "제14회 장애인영화제 공식 트레일러". YouTube. 25 August 2013.
- "Ku Hye-sun Creates Trailer for Jecheon Film Fest". The Chosun Ilbo. 16 July 2014.
- "10th Jecheon International Music & Film Festival Trailer". YouTube. 15 July 2014.
- 논스톱 5 (in Korean). Daum. Retrieved 2005-09-23.
- 열 아홉 순정 (in Korean). Daum. Retrieved 2006-09-06.
- 1집 구혜선 소품집 - 숨 (in Korean). Daum. Retrieved 2009-09-03.
- 갈색머리 (in Korean). Daum. Retrieved 2010-06-16.
- "Marry Me" (in Korean). Daum. Retrieved 2012-10-15.
- "Ku Hye-sun Boasts Musical Talent with New Love Song". 10Asia. 15 October 2012.
- 구혜선, 세 번째 싱글 '기억상실증' 10일 발표 (in Korean). YG Family. 10 May 2013.
- 구혜선, 22日 4번째 디싱 '그건 너' 발표 "달달 러브송" [KU HYE SUN releases 4th digital single of sweet love song IT'S YOU] (in Korean). YG Family. 22 July 2013.
- Suh, Hye-rim (23 July 2013). "Ku Hye-sun releases self-composed song It's You". The Korea Herald.
- '감독' 구혜선, 5번째 음원 '행복했을까' 뮤비 공개…직접 연출까지 ['Director' Goo, fifth single "Were We Happy", MV produced directly to the public] (in Korean). 한국일보 via Nate. 28 November 2013.
- http://www.allkpop.com/article/2014/10/goo-hye-sun-releases-floral-rain-mv-for-her-upcoming-movie-daughter-ost. Missing or empty
- http://www.allkpop.com/article/2014/11/goo-hye-sun-releases-must-for-her-movie-daughter-ost. Missing or empty
- "탱고 - 구혜선 일러스트 픽션". Aladin. Retrieved 2009-04-01.
- "구혜선의 첫번째 '요술' 이야기". Aladin. Retrieved 2010-07-12.
- Lim, Hye-seon (14 June 2010). "Ku Hye-sun's short feature wins at Japan film fest". 10Asia.
- "Goo Hye Sun and SS501's Heo Young Saeng receive Korea Fulfillment Awards". 23 November 2012.
- Director Ku, appointed International 3D Festival
- Cheongju International Craft Biennale Ambassador
- Artistree Ambassador
- the 4th Persons with Disabilities Film Festival Ambassdor
- Sydney International Film Festival Ambassador
- Ku Hye-sun on Twitter
- Ku Hye-sun on Cyworld
- Ku Hye-sun on Facebook
- Ku Hye-sun at YG Entertainment
- Ku Hye-sun at HanCinema
- Ku Hye-sun at the Internet Movie Database