This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (June 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
In August 2016
|Birth name||Danny Im|
|Also known as||Taebin|
|Born||May 6, 1980|
|Origin||Diamond Bar, California, U.S.|
|Genres||K-pop, Korean hip hop|
|Occupation(s)||Singer, TV host|
Danny Im (born May 6, 1980), better known by stage name Taebin (Hangul: 태빈), is a Korean-American singer and television host. He debuted as a member of the Korean hip hop group 1TYM in 1998, and he released his first solo album in 2004. Im began hosting the Mnet America talk show Danny From L.A. in 2012.
While he was the leading vocalist for 1TYM, he also rapped like the rest of the members of the group in various songs such as 'What You Gonna Do,' and 'One Time For Your Mind' . After the release of 1TYM's fourth album Once N 4 All in 2003, Im returned to his fans with the release of his solo album “TAEBIN of 1TYM”, which showcased the full range of his sound potential rather than hip-hop sounds to which his fans were accustomed. The main track of this album "The Reason Why I Close My Eyes" is a mid-tempo song featuring mellow vocals and string arrangements. His album also features songs composed by Kim Do Hoon with lyrics by Wheesung.
The second track, "The Reason Why I Close my Eyes", is the only song on the album with a music video made for it and stars Koo Hye Sun. The twelfth track, "TaBu (featuring Park Teddy)" was banned in Korea due to the song 'being thick with sexual intentions.' A music video was supposed to be filmed for the song, but as it was banned, the video was never made. Taebin expressed his disappointment on this ban by stating that "TaBu" was one of his favorite tracks on the album, and that he only wanted to show an amazing love through his voice.
In 2012, he began his own TV show, "Danny from LA", which premiered on Mnet America in September. The show talks about the latest trends in Kpop, as well as his time in 1TYM.
On December 1, 2012, Danny officially reveals a photo of him and his son through his personal Twitter account @Dannyim. The news of Danny having a son first broke out through one of Seungri’s Diary entries. Danny then officially confirmed his marriage and child at Danny From LA’s episode with Big Bang. After mistaken reports of the birth of a son, Danny announced the birth of a daughter on a Danny From LA special for CN Blue Blue Moon World Tour concert, which aired on February 20, 2014.
|Title||Album details||Peak chart positions||Sales|
|Taebin of 1TYM||
- "태빈 소개" [Taebin profile]. Mnet (in Korean). Retrieved 2018-01-15.
- Hong, Tae (2014-08-21). "Danny from L.A. is more than a one-time deal". The Korea Times. Retrieved 2018-01-15.
- "Taebin Im/Hong Jun Park (c/o 1996) – Distinguished Alumni". Diamond Bar High School. Retrieved 2018-01-15.
- "Danny From LA". Mnet America. 20 February 2014. Retrieved 21 February 2014.
- "DFLA - CNBLUE Exclusive". Mnet America. 20 February 2014. Retrieved 21 February 2014.
- "June 2004 K-Pop Album Sales Volume" (in Korean). Recording Industry Association of Korea. Archived from the original on 2006-02-21. Retrieved 2018-08-09.
- "August 2004 K-Pop Album Sales Volume" (in Korean). Recording Industry Association of Korea. Archived from the original on 2005-01-21. Retrieved 2018-08-09.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Danny Im.|