Kyrgyzstan at the 2014 Winter Olympics
|Kyrgyzstan at the
2014 Winter Olympics
|NOC||National Olympic Committee of the Republic of Kyrgyzstan|
|Competitors||1 in 1 sport|
|Flag bearer||Dmitry Trelevski (opening) Evgeniy Timofeev (closing)|
|Winter Olympics appearances (overview)|
|Other related appearances|
| Russian Empire (1900–1912)
Soviet Union (1952–1988)
Unified Team (1992)
The country's delegation consisted of one skier, Dmitry Trelevski who was scheduled to compete in his second consecutive Winter Olympics. The team also consists of four officials. A total of $1,980 USD was earmarked to help support Trevelski in his preparations after he qualified. According to Nurdin Sultambayev, State Agency for Physical Education and Sport (GAFKS) spokesman, "winter sports are the most expensive out there" and Kyrgyzstan lacked the money to fund a larger team". However on February 12 during training runs Trelevski was injured seriously, that he had to withdraw from the competition. The National Olympic Committee replaced Dmitry Trelevski with Evgeniy Timofeev after petitioning the International Olympic Committee.
According to the final quota allocation released on January 20, 2014, Kyrgyzstan had one athlete in qualification position.
|Athlete||Event||Run 1||Run 2||Total|
|Evgeniy Timofeev||Men's giant slalom||1:34.65||68||1:37.07||63||3:11.72||61|
- "Sochi 2014 Opening Ceremony - Flagbearers" (PDF). http://www.olympic.org/. Sochi 2014 Olympic and Paralympic Organizing Committee. 7 February 2014. Retrieved 7 February 2014. External link in
- "Sochi 2014 Closing Ceremony - Flagbearers" (PDF). The International Olympic Committee (IOC). February 23, 2014. Retrieved 23 February 2014.
- "One skier will represent Kyrgyzstan at the Olympics in Sochi". www.kabar.kg/eng/. 13 January 2014. Retrieved 15 January 2014.
- "One athlete to represent Kyrgyzstan at Sochi Olympics". Information Telegraph Agency of Russia. 25 January 2014. Retrieved 25 January 2014.
- Marchenko, Ivan (24 January 2014). "Kyrgyzstan's official delegation to Olympic Games in Sochi consists of 5 people". 24.kg. Retrieved 25 January 2014.
- "Kyrgyz Government Allocates Money For Sole Sochi Athlete". Radio Free Europe. Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan. 31 January 2014. Retrieved 31 January 2014.
- Sultanov, Asker (31 January 2014). "Kyrgyz skier represents country at Sochi". Central Asia Online. Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan. Retrieved 2 February 2014.
- "Participant of Olympic Games in Sochi Dmitry Trelevsky injured during training". www.kabar.kg/eng/. 12 February 2014. Retrieved 12 February 2014.
- "Summary of Quota allocation as per 20.01.2014" (PDF). www.fis-ski.com. FIS. 20 January 2014. Retrieved 25 January 2014.