List of Iyengars
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Diplomats, bureaucrats, administrators and politicians
- T. S. S. Rajan (1880–1953), Indian politician and freedom-fighter. Member of the Imperial Legislative Council (1934–1936), Minister of Public Health and Religious Endowments (Madras Presidency) (1937–1939), Minister of Food and Public Health (Madras Presidency) (1946–1951)
- P. Rajagopalachari, Dewan of Cochin from 1897 to 1901 and Travancore from 1904 or 1906 to 1914.
- C. Vijayaraghavachariar - The Lion of South India.
- C Rajagopalachari - Bharat Ratna, Freedom fighter, national leader, the first Indian Governor General of Independent India and also the Chief Minister of State of Madras.
- Raghuram_Rajan - Former Governor of Reserve Bank of India
- C. V. Rungacharlu (1831–1883), Indian civil servant. Diwan of Mysore kingdom from 1881 to 1883.
- R. Madhavan (b. 1970) - Indian actor, writer, film producer and television host.
- Vasundhara Das (b. 1977) - Indian actress and singer.
- Hema Malini (b. 1948) - Indian actress and Bharathnatyam exponent
- Tirumalai Krishnamacharya - Father of modern yoga, yogi and healer who taught B.K.S. Iyengar, Sri K. Pattabhi Jois, and Indra Devi.
- Ramaswami. "C Vijayaraghavachariar, (1852-1944), President-Nagpur, 1920". Congress Sandesh. Retrieved 26 December 2012.
- Bhattacharya, Jogendra Nath (1896). Hindu Castes and Sects: An Exposition on the Origins of Hindu caste system. Thacker, Spink & Co. p. 78. line feed character in
|title=at position 69 (help)
- "ReelshowInt MAG". Mag.reelshowint.com. 15 June 2010. Retrieved 20 November 2011.
- "Sify Movies - Vasundhara Das Interview". Sify.com. Retrieved 3 January 2013.
- India Today International. Living Media International Limited. 2004. p. 23.
Hema Malini self identifies her Iyengar Brahmin ancestry, says "I'm a pukka Iyengar Brahmin...".