List of covered bridges in Virginia
(Redirected from List of Virginia covered bridges)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Biedler Farm||Rockingham||Broadway||1896||93||Smith Creek||One of the oldest covered bridges remaining in Virginia. Privately owned.|
|C.K. Reynolds||Giles||Newport||1919||36||Sinking Creek||Currently the shortest historic covered bridge in Virginia. Privately owned.|
|Humpback||Alleghany||Covington||1857||109||Dunlap Creek||The only arched covered bridge remaining in the United States.|
|Jack's Creek||Patrick||Woolwine||1914||48||Smith River||Only historic covered bridge remaining in Patrick County.|
|Link Farm||Giles||Newport||1912||49||Sinking Creek||Narrowest covered bridge in Virginia at 12 feet (3.7 m) wide. Privately owned.|
|Meem's Bottom||Shenandoah||Mount Jackson||1894||204||North Fork of the Shenandoah River||Currently the longest covered bridge in Virginia. Burned down on October 28, 1976. Rebuilt in 1978.|
|Sinking Creek||Giles||Newport||ca. 1916||71||Sinking Creek||One of three historic covered bridges remaining in Giles County.|
Below is a list of some of the other historic covered bridges in Virginia which were destroyed, removed, or altered.
|Bob White||Patrick||Woolwine||1921||80||Smith River||Bridge was destroyed during major flooding on September 29, 2015.|
|Marysville||Campbell||Gladys||1878||60||Seneca Creek||Bridge was destroyed by a flood during Hurricane Fran in September 1996.|
|Trent||Cumberland||Cumberland||ca. 1844||145||Willis River||Bridge no longer extant.|
- Martinsville Bulletin, Bob White Covered Bridge washed away by Ben R. Williams, September 29, 2015, Retrieved Oct. 15, 2015.
- Dale J. Travis Covered Bridges. VA Covered Bridges: Credits. Retrieved Nov. 12, 2007.
- Virginia is for Lovers: Covered Bridges in Virginia. VA Covered Bridges: Credits. Retrieved Nov. 12, 2007.
- Virginia Department of Transportation. VA Covered Bridges: Credits. Retrieved Nov. 12, 2007.
- Covered Bridges Along the Blue Ridge VA Covered Bridges: Credits. Retrieved Nov. 12, 2007.