|Member of the Ontario Provincial Parliament|
|Assumed office |
June 7, 2018
|Preceded by||Cristina Martins|
|President of the New Democratic Party|
April 9, 2016 – February 18, 2018
|Preceded by||Rebecca Blaikie|
|Succeeded by||Mathieu Vick|
|Toronto Public School Trustee for (Ward 9) Davenport|
December 1, 2014 – June, 2018
|Born||St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador|
|Political party||Ontario New Democrat|
|New Democrat (federal)|
Marit Stiles is a Canadian politician, who was elected to the Legislative Assembly of Ontario in the 2018 Ontario general election. She represents the riding of Davenport as a member of the Ontario New Democratic Party. She is the Official Opposition Education Critic.
Stiles was born in St. John's, Newfoundland, growing up in the communities of Long Pond and Logy Bay. She has lived in downtown, west-end Toronto — predominately in the riding of Davenport — for more than 25 years, with her partner and their two daughters.
Before her election as trustee in 2014, Stiles was the national director of research, public policy and communications for ACTRA. Previously, she worked as a health and social policy researcher and was coordinator of public dialogue for Canadian Policy Research Networks.
|2018 Ontario general election|
|New Democratic||Marit Stiles||27,613||60.27||+20.12|
|Progressive Conservative||Federico Sanchez||7,370||16.09||+8.62|
|The People||Troy Young||96||0.21||-0.10|
|New Democratic gain from Liberal||Swing||+23.53|
|Source: Elections Ontario|
- "TDSB trustees petition ministry over policy change to access existing repair funds". CityNews, November 2, 2017.
- "NDP president predicts multiple ballots in leadership showdown". CTV News, September 30, 2017.
- Gupta, Rahul (June 7, 2018). "NDP's Marit Stiles takes Davenport from the Liberals". Toronto Star. Retrieved June 8, 2018.
- "Election Night Results /Résultats du soir de l'élection". Elections Ontario. Retrieved 23 June 2018.
- "Summary of Valid Votes Cast for each Candidate" (PDF). Elections Ontario. Retrieved 16 January 2019.