Marriott Canary Wharf
|Marriott Hotel Canary Wharf|
|Location||22 Hertsmere Road, Canary Wharf, London, England|
|Design and construction|
|Number of rooms||301|
|Number of suites||47|
|Number of restaurants||1|
The London Marriott Hotel Canary Wharf (previously Marriott Hotel West India Quay) is a hotel in London, England, that opened in 2004. It is located at 1 West India Quay, 22 Hertsmere Road, Canary Wharf overlooking the West India Quay Marina. It is operated by Marriott Hotels, and has 301 rooms and 47 apartments.
Architecture and facilities
In 2001, planning permission was gained by Squire and Partners for a slender landmark hotel tower conceived to act as a visual counterpoint to the monumental brick form of the adjacent Victorian warehouses in London's Docklands. Designed by HOK, its elliptical form is reminiscent of the curved hull of a boat. The building was completed in 2004.
The bottom 12 floors of the 33-floor story building house the hotel, with 301 rooms on floors 1-8, and 47 serviced suites on floors 9-12. Facilities include the Manhattan Grill Restaurant, 19 event rooms, an executive lounge, a health club and the G & Tea Lounge with over 180 different gins.
- "Yianis - London -". yianis. Retrieved 15 February 2019.
- "Marriot West India Quay • Architecture • Squire and Partners". squireandpartners.com. Retrieved 15 February 2019.
- "Manhattan Grill". canarywharf.com. Retrieved 15 February 2019.
- "G&Tea Lounge - Bars and pubs in Canary Wharf, London". Time Out London. Retrieved 15 February 2019.
- "Julie Umerle". Wall Street International. 6 September 2017. Retrieved 15 February 2019.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to One West India Quay.|