|Full name||Maximiliano Gómez González|
|Date of birth||14 August 1996|
|Place of birth||Paysandú, Uruguay|
|Height||1.86 m (6 ft 1 in)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 9 December 2018 (UTC)|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 6 December 2018 (UTC)
Born in Paysandú, Gómez joined Defensor Sporting's youth setup in 2013, from CA Litoral. He made his first team debut on 15 September 2015, coming on as a late substitute for Héctor Acuña in a 1–0 away win against Universitario for the year's Copa Sudamericana.
Gómez made his Primera División debut on 4 October 2015, but in a 0–4 away loss against Nacional. His first senior goal came on 16 October, the last in a 2–3 home defeat against Montevideo Wanderers.
On 31 October 2015, Gómez scored a brace in a 4–1 home routing of Juventud de Las Piedras; he repeated the feat on 20 November in a 2–2 home draw against El Tanque Sisley, and also in a 3–2 home success over Danubio the following 28 February. On 22 May 2016, he scored four goals in a 6–5 away win against El Tanque Sisley, and finished his first season with 14 goals in only 21 matches.
In May 2017, Gómez signed a five-year deal with La Liga side Celta Vigo moving abroad for the first time in his career. He made his debut for the club on 19 August, starting and scoring a brace in a 2–3 home loss against Real Sociedad.
In May 2018 he was named in Uruguay's provisional 26 man squad for the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia. In the quarterfinal match against France he substituted Cristhian Stuani at the 59th minute.
- As of 9 December 2018
- As of match played 6 December 2018
- "2018 FIFA World Cup: List of players" (PDF). FIFA. 18 June 2018. p. 32.
- "Un "inconsciente": con 19 años, "Maxi" Gómez hizo historia violeta" [An "unconscious": with 19 years, "Maxi" Gómez made history violeta] (in Spanish). Ovación. 3 October 2015. Retrieved 17 June 2017.
- "Defensor vuela en la Copa, 1:0 en Perú" [Defensor fly in the cup, 1–0 in Peru] (in Spanish). Tenfield. 16 September 2015. Retrieved 17 June 2017.
- "Nacional de gala, goleó 4:0" [Gala Nacional, thrashed 4–0] (in Spanish). Tenfield. 4 October 2015. Retrieved 17 June 2017.
- "Wanderers derrotó 3 a 2 a Defensor en el Franzini" [Wanderers defeated Danubio by 3–2 at the Franzini] (in Spanish). Teledoce. 16 October 2015. Retrieved 17 June 2017.
- "Maxi Gómez, imponente goleador de presente y futuro para el RC Celta" [Maxi Gómez, imposing goalscorer for the present and future for RC Celta] (in Spanish). Celta Vigo. 22 May 2017. Archived from the original on 6 June 2017. Retrieved 17 June 2017.
- "La Real Sociedad remonta con penalti polémico" [Real Sociedad comeback with a controversial penalty] (in Spanish). Marca. 19 August 2017. Retrieved 20 August 2017.
- "2018 FIFA World Cup Russia". FIFA.
- Maxi Gómez at National-Football-Teams.com
|This biographical article related to a football forward from Uruguay is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|