McNeil High School
|McNeil High School|
5720 McNeil Road
|Motto||Vision into Reality|
|School district||Round Rock Independent School District|
|Grades||9 - 12|
|Color(s)|| Navy blue|
|Website||McNeil High School|
McNeil High School (commonly known as MHS or McNeil) is a public secondary school in an unincorporated area in both Travis and Williamson counties, near Austin, Texas, United States. serving freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and seniors. The school is part of the Round Rock Independent School District (RRISD), with admission primarily based on the locations of students' homes in the district. Four middle schools feed into McNeil: Cedar Valley, Chisholm Trail, Pearson Ranch and Deerpark. The school colors are navy blue, forest green, and white, and the mascot is the Maverick.
The school serves: the census-designated place of Jollyville, and sections of the Brushy Creek CDP. The U.S. Census Bureau, prior to 2010, defined the Jollyville CDP as including a portion of the school area.
McNeil was named a National Blue Ribbon School in 1999-2000. Children at Risk ranked McNeil the #10 public high school in Austin in 2012. The high school was also recognized as a PLTW Distinguished School in 2019, one of just 133 high schools in the United States.
Tennis, Cross Country, Swimming, Club Lacrosse, Basketball, Soccer, Track & Field, Golf, Baseball, Football, Powerlifting, Hockey, and Wrestling.
Tennis, Cross Country, Swimming, Club Lacrosse, Basketball, Soccer, Track & Field, Golf, Softball, Cheerleading, Volleyball and Wrestling.
- A. J. Abrams, basketball player
- Scott Linebrink, MLB baseball player
- Aaron Williams, NFL football player
- "MCNEIL H S". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved February 13, 2019.
- "Austin Corporate Limits" (Archive). City of Austin. Retrieved on May 21, 2016.
- "Round Rock ISD". Community Impact. 1 (6). 17 July 2007. pp. 18–19.
- "Austin High to 6A, Pflugerville to 5A as UIL releases new realignment numbers – Varsity News". Retrieved 2019-12-03.
- "2010 CENSUS - CENSUS BLOCK MAP: Jollyville CDP, TX." U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved on November 9, 2018. It was previously larger: "CENSUS 2000 BLOCK MAP: JOLLYVILLE CDP." U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved on November 19, 2018. 1990 U.S. Census map for Williamson County (index map) shows Jollyville on pages 60, 61, 69, and 70. Also the 1990 map for Travis County (index) shows Jollyville on page 25.
- "McNeil High." Round Rock Independent School District. August 7, 2013. Retrieved on November 19, 2018.
- "2010 CENSUS - CENSUS BLOCK MAP: Brushy Creek CDP, TX." U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved on November 20, 2018. Note that Brushy Creek CDP was previously larger: 2000 Index Map and pages 1, 2, 3, and 4. 1990 U.S. Census map for Williamson County (index map) shows Brushy Creek on pages 50, 51, 60, and 61.
- Blue Ribbon Schools Program, Schools Recognized 1982-1983 Through 1999-2002 (PDF) Archived 2009-03-26 at the Wayback Machine
- 2012 Austin School Rankings Archived 2013-09-23 at the Wayback Machine
- "Archived". May 28, 2019.