McNeil High School
|McNeil High School|
|5720 McNeil Road
Austin, Texas 78729
|Motto||Vision into Reality|
|School district||Round Rock Independent School District|
|Grades||9 - 12|
|Website||McNeil High School|
McNeil High School (commonly known as MHS or McNeil) is a public secondary school in an unincorporated area in both Travis and Williamson counties, near Austin, Texas, United States. serving freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and seniors. The school is part of the Round Rock Independent School District (RRISD), with admission primarily based on the locations of students' homes in the district. Three middle schools feed into McNeil: Cedar Valley, Chisholm Trail, and Deerpark. The school colors are navy blue, forest green, and white, and the mascot is the Maverick.
The Round Rock ISD Engineering Academy is located at McNeil High School and was founded in 2001. This four-year pre-engineering program consists of a comprehensive series of courses designed for high school students with an interest in the field of engineering, and features pre-engineering curriculum from Project Lead the Way and the Infinity Project. This non-selective Academy serves the entire school district, and students interested in participating in the Engineering Academy program are eligible to transfer to McNeil High School to participate.
Health Science Academy
The Health Science Technology Academy at McNeil High School provides a comprehensive array of courses designed to prepare 9th – 12th grade students for a career in the health care field. This includes the four-year coherent sequence of Health Science Technology courses, as well as a selection of classes that provide for exploration and certifications in specific areas of interest to students of all levels. Students eligible for enrollment are those whose home school is either McNeil High School or Westwood High School.
Tennis, Cross Country, Swimming, Club Lacrosse, Basketball, Soccer, Track & Field, Golf, Baseball, Football, Powerlifting, Hockey, and Wrestling.
Tennis, Cross Country, Swimming, Club Lacrosse, Basketball, Soccer, Track & Field, Golf, Softball, Cheerleading, Volleyball and Wrestling.
Speech and debate
The McNeil speech and debate squad is a student organization that competes on three competitive high school speech and debate tournament circuits. Two of those circuits, the Texas Forensic Association and the University Interscholastic League, are Texas-based, while the National Forensic League is nationwide. McNeil students regularly compete in the competitive events of policy debate, student congress, extemporaneous speaking, original oratory, and duet acting.
||This article's list of alumni may not follow Wikipedia's verifiability or notability policies. (May 2016)|
- Scott Linebrink (Class of 1994), former MLB baseball player, played most recently for the Atlanta Braves in 2011
- A. J. Abrams (Class of 2005), former basketball player for ČEZ Basketball Nymburk, was also a former member of the New Jersey Nets (NBA) summer league team, and former shooting guard for the Texas Longhorns
- Aaron Williams (Class of 2008), NFL football player for the Buffalo Bills
- "RRISD Enrollment Reports". RRISD Enrollment Reports. Round Rock ISD. Retrieved 1 May 2016.
- "Austin Corporate Limits" (Archive). City of Austin. Retrieved on May 21, 2016.
- "Round Rock ISD". Community Impact. 1 (6). 17 July 2007. pp. 18–19.
- Blue Ribbon Schools Program, Schools Recognized 1982-1983 Through 1999-2002 (PDF)
- 2012 Austin School Rankings