Mills High School
|Mills High School|
|400 Murchison Drive|
Millbrae, San Mateo, California 94030
|School district||San Mateo Union High School District|
|Color(s)||Scarlet and Gold|
|Rival||Capuchino High School|
Mills has Advanced Placement course offerings. They consist of:
- AP Biology
- AP Calculus AB
- AP Calculus BC
- AP Chinese Language and Culture
- AP Chemistry
- AP English Literature and Composition
- AP Japanese Language and Culture
- AP Macroeconomics
- AP Physics B
- AP Spanish Language
- AP Statistics
- AP Studio Art
- AP United States Government and Politics
- AP United States History
- 1,198 students: 612 Male (51.8%), 586 Female (48.2%)
|Asian||Hispanic||White||Filipino||Two or More Races||Pacific Islander||African American||American Indian||Not Reported|
|SAT Scores for 2014–2015 |
|Critical Reading Average||Math Average||Writing Average|
|2013 Academic Performance Index|
|2009 Base API||2013 Growth API||Growth in the API from 2009 to 2013|
Mills has a wide array of sports throughout the school year. In the fall, the sports are: Girls' Tennis, Girls' Golf, Water Polo, Cross Country, Football, and Volleyball. Winter sports include: Basketball, Soccer, and Wrestling. Spring sports consist of: Badminton, Baseball, Boys' Golf, Softball, Swimming, Boys' Tennis, and Track and Field.
|Girls' Golf||Wrestling||Boys' Golf|
|Girls' Tennis||Boys' Tennis|
|Track and Field|
Notable alumni and faculty
- Jeff Novitzky - Vice President of Athlete Health and Performance for UFC
- Paul Fanaika (2004) — NFL Football Player
- Larry Grenadier — Jazz bassist
- Gordon Lish (faculty) — Editor, author, teacher
- Frank Portman (a.k.a. Dr. Frank) — Lead singer of the Mr. T Experience
- Adam Tafralis (2002) — Canadian Football League Quarterback and San Jose State career passing yards record holder
- James van Hoften (1962) — NASA astronaut
- Craig Venter (1964) - Scientist, winner of 2008 National Medal of Science and twice named to Time 100 list of the world's most influential people
- "Enrollment by Ethnicity for 2015-16: Mills High School". California Department of Education. Retrieved September 27, 2016.
- "Distinguished School Awards". California Department of Education. Retrieved February 19, 2013.
- "WASC: Mills High School Accreditation". Western Association of Schools and Colleges. Retrieved 17 July 2012.
- "America's Top High Schools 2015". Newsweek.
- "Best High Schools-2013". U.S. News & World Report. Archived from the original on 2016-03-20.
- "SAT Report - 2014-15 District Level Scores". California Department of Education. Retrieved September 27, 2016.
- "2009 Base API School Report - Mills High". California Department of Education Assessment, Accountability and Awards Division.
- "2013 Growth API School Report - Mills High". California Department of Education Analysis, Measurement, & Accountability Reporting Division.
- "Player Bio: Paul Fanaika". Sun Devil Athletics. Archived from the original on February 14, 2012. Retrieved 17 July 2012.
- "Biography: Larry Grenadier".
- "Famous Mills High School Alumni". Mills High School. Archived from the original on September 10, 2006. Retrieved 2006-06-20.
- "Tiger-Cats Football - Adam Tafralis". Hamilton Tiger-Cats. Archived from the original on 2013-01-16. Retrieved 2006-10-12.
- "Astronaut Bio: James D. A. van Hoften". NASA. Retrieved 17 July 2012.
- Staff, Austin Walsh Daily Journal. "Discovering a unique path to success: Acclaimed doctor, scientific innovator receives recognition from native Millbrae". San Mateo Daily Journal. Retrieved 2018-08-23.