Monroe, Louisiana metropolitan area
|Monroe, Louisiana metropolitan area|
|Monroe metropolitan statistical area|
Maps of Monroe, Louisiana metropolitan area
|Other cities||West Monroe, Louisiana
|• Estimate (2012)||177,782|
The Monroe Metropolitan Statistical Area is a metropolitan area in northern Louisiana that covers two parishes - Ouachita and Union. As of the 2010 census, the MSA had a population of 177,782.It is also part of the larger Monroe-Ruston-Bastrop Combined Statistical Area.
As of the census of 2000, there were 170,053 people, 64,073 households, and 44,731 families residing within the MSA. The racial makeup of the MSA was 65.19% White, 32.87% African American, 0.22% Native American, 0.59% Asian, 0.03% Pacific Islander, 0.45% from other races, and 0.65% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 1.30% of the population.
The median income for a household in the MSA was $30,544, and the median income for a family was $38,120. Males had a median income of $31,055 versus $22,105 for females. The per capita income for the MSA was $15,952.
- Louisiana census statistical areas
- List of cities, towns, and villages in Louisiana
- List of census-designated places in Louisiana
- "Table 1. Annual Estimates of the Population of Metropolitan and Micropolitan Statistical Areas: April 1, 2000 to July 1, 2009 (CBSA-EST2009-01)" (CSV). 2009 Population Estimates. United States Census Bureau, Population Division. 2010-03-23. Retrieved 2010-03-26.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.