NHL on NBC commentators
From 2006 to 2008, NBC's studio show originally broadcast out of the rink at New York's Rockefeller Center, at the foot of NBC's offices during January and February. This allowed the on-air talent, including commentators for NHL on NBC, and their guests (often ex-players and youth hockey teams) to demonstrate plays and hockey skills. From April onwards, and during inclement weather, the studio show moved to Studio 8G inside the GE Building, where NBC produces its Football Night in America program. For the Stanley Cup Finals, the show was broadcast on location.
Beginning in 2008, the studio show originates from the game venue.
- 1 List of personalities
- 2 Broadcast teams
- 3 Notes
- 4 See also
List of personalities
- Mike Emrick: lead play-by-play (2006–present)
- Brian Engblom: #2 color analyst (2011–present)
- Keith Jones: studio analyst/"Inside the Glass" reporter (2011–present); also lead color analyst for Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia
- Pierre McGuire: "Inside the Glass" reporter (2006–present), Studio Analyst (2008–present)
- Liam McHugh: lead studio host (2011–present)
- Mike Milbury: studio analyst/"Inside the Glass" reporter (2008–present)
- Eddie Olczyk: studio analyst (2006), lead color analyst (2007–present); also lead color analyst for Comcast SportsNet Chicago
- Jeremy Roenick: studio analyst (2010–present), NHL outdoor games reporter (2014–present)
- Dave Strader: play-by-play (2006–2007), #2 play-by-play (2009–present)
- Kathryn Tappen: substitute studio host (2014–present)
- Russ Thaler: substitute studio host (2012–present)
- Kenny Albert: play-by-play (2011–present)
- Dave Briggs: substitute studio host (2013–present)
- Anson Carter: studio analyst (2012–present); "Inside the Glass" reporter (2015–present)
- Chris Cuthbert: play-by-play (2006–2007, 2014-present); also play-by-play for TSN Hockey
- Darren Dreger: NHL insider (2014–present); also insider for TSN Hockey
- John Forslund: play-by-play (2011–present)
- Bret Hedican: "Inside the Glass" reporter (2011–present); formerly held the same role for Comcast SportsNet California
- Bob McKenzie: NHL insider (2014–present); also insider for TSN Hockey
- Joe Micheletti: "Inside the Glass" reporter (2006–2007, 2011–present)
- Gord Miller: play-by-play (2011–present); also play-by-play for TSN Hockey
- Rick Peckham: play-by-play (2011–present)
- Chris Therien: studio analyst (2011–present); also "Inside the Glass" reporter for Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia
Comcast SportsNet Personalities
All Comcast SportsNet personnel occasionally appear on NBCSN broadcasts during the latter part of the season and the first round of the Stanley Cup playoffs.
- Jamie Baker: color analyst (2014–present)
- Brodie Brazil: ice level reporter (2011–present)
- Randy Hahn: play-by-play (2011–present)
- Pat Foley: play-by-play (2011–present)
- Steve Konroyd: alternate color analyst (2011–present) during Eddie Olczyk's NBC and NBCSN assignments
- Joe Beninati: play-by-play (2011–present)
- Al Koken: ice level reporter (2011–present)
- Craig Laughlin: color analyst (2011–present)
- Jim Jackson: play-by-play (2011–present)
- Bill Clement: color analyst (2011–present); former studio host (2006–2007)
Other on-air staff (occasional appearances)
- Andy Brickley: "Inside the Glass" reporter
- Ken Daniels: play-by-play
- Ray Ferraro: color analyst, "Inside the Glass" reporter
- Butch Goring: color analyst
- Brian Hayward: color analyst
- Mike Keenan: studio analyst
- Peter McNab: color analyst
- Daryl Reaugh: color analyst
- Rob Simmelkjaer: studio host
- Tripp Tracy: "Inside the Glass" reporter
- John Walton: play-by-play
- Steve Coates: "Inside the Glass" reporter for Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia simulcasts (2011–2014)
- Bob Costas: studio host (NHL Winter Classic) (2008-2012)
- John Davidson: color analyst (2006)
- Ray Ferraro: studio analyst (2006–2007)
- Cammi Granato: "Inside the Glass" reporter (2006), feature reporter (2007)
- Brett Hull: studio analyst (2007) - According to Ray Ferraro, who appeared on Vancouver radio station The Team 1040, Brett Hull was relieved of his duties as a studio analyst in June 2007. Mike Milbury replaced Hull and Ferraro.
- Bob Neumeier: Stanley Cup Finals and substitute studio host (2008)
- Darren Pang: reporter (NHL Winter Classic 2008–12), "Inside the Glass" reporter/color analyst (2007–2013)
- Bill Patrick: substitute studio host (2008; 2011–2013)
- Dan Patrick: studio host (2010–2012)
- Drew Remenda: color analyst for Comcast SportsNet California simulcasts (2011–2014)
- Mike Emrick-John Davidson-Pierre McGuire
- Dave Strader-Brian Hayward-Joe Micheletti
- Chris Cuthbert-Peter McNab-Cammi Granato
During its first two seasons, NBC used three regular broadcast teams for its regional coverage of the NHL. For its first season, they brought in Mike Emrick and John Davidson, the previous lead broadcast duo for FOX NHL Saturday to be their lead announcing pair, and added popular TSN analyst Pierre McGuire as an "Inside the Glass" reporter (one who stands between team benches).
- Mike Emrick-Eddie Olczyk-Pierre McGuire
- Dave Strader-Brian Hayward/Peter McNab-Joe Micheletti
- Chris Cuthbert-Peter McNab/Brian Hayward-Darren Pang
For 2006–07, Darren Pang was used due to Granato's son being born.
During 2006–07, the #2 and #3 broadcast teams were mixed up, due to travel constraints. An example of this is color commentators Peter McNab and Brian Hayward often switching roles during the season and playoffs.
Due to NBC's move to flex scheduling and broadcasting only one game a week, only the team of Emrick, Olczyk and McGuire is now used.
Also, NBC has scrapped the studio-based intermission show and fired Clement and Ferraro. McGuire, who continues his role as "Inside the Glass" reporter, serves as host from the game venue. Former player and general manager Mike Milbury is the new analyst. During the playoffs, NBC reporters such as Bob Neumeier and Bill Patrick served as a moderator for McGuire and Milbury's analysis.
Used after NBC/Comcast Merger beginning in 2011
2011-2013 on NBC and NBC Sports Network
- Mike Emrick-Eddie Olczyk-Pierre McGuire
- Dave Strader-Brian Engblom
- Kenny Albert-Joe Micheletti
- Gord Miller-Daryl Reaugh
- Rick Peckham-Inside The Glass Reporter (Playoffs Only)
- John Forslund-Inside The Glass Reporter (Playoffs Only)
- Pierre McGuire
- Eddie Olczyk or Alain Vigneault
- Brian Engblom
- Anson Carter
- Jamie Baker
- Joe Micheletti
- Ray Ferraro
- Bret Hedican
- Douglas, Greg (2007-06-16). "Baby steps for Milford moves". The Vancouver Sun. Retrieved 2007-06-19.
Ray Ferraro, who should know, tells Team 1040 that Brett Hull's short-lived career as a hockey analyst with NBC is over.
- Fang, Ken. "NBC Sports Network - Fang's Bites". Fang's Bites. Wordpress. Retrieved April 13, 2012.