NHL Center Ice
This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- For the Canadian service, see NHL Centre Ice.
|Country||United States |
|Owner||National Hockey League|
|Available on most cable providers||Check listings for details|
NHL Center Ice is an out-of-market sports package distributed by most cable and satellite providers in the United States and Canada. The package allows its subscribers to see up to forty out-of-market National Hockey League games a week using local and national television networks.
NHL Center Ice includes Canadian broadcasts, such as NHL on Sportsnet and CBC's Hockey Night in Canada. It also has included out-of-region games broadcast on NBC. Occasionally, French-language feeds from TVA Sports may be used if no English-language broadcast is available. Pay-per-view games (e.g. Edmonton Oilers) are included as well. For some cable viewers and those subscribing via Dish Network or DirecTV, both teams' feeds are available for most games. Other cable subscribers may be limited to only one feed and also have a smaller selection of high-definition games.
Some providers offer high definition broadcasts when available. A number of providers put Center Ice on the same channels as MLB Extra Innings; hockey often gets priority because the conflict occurs during April, at the end of the regular season and beginning of the playoffs.
A free preview is usually shown during the first three weeks of the NHL season and right after (or a few weeks after) the All Star Game (or, until 2014, the Olympic break in years when the Winter Olympics occur).
Games not televised on NHL Center Ice
- Games which are nationally televised in the U.S. on NBC, NBCSN or NHL Network. (Subscribers get NHL Network for free when they buy Center Ice, unless they subscribe through Time Warner Cable (TWC) or Verizon Fios, which at this time do not include NHL Network as part of the Center Ice package. )
- High-definition feeds of games originating on MSG, MSG+, MSG Western New York, MSG2, and MSG+2 on Dish Network
- OTA Broadcasts (Only shown when it is the only broadcast available for that game).
- RDS and RDS2 (French-speaking Canadiens broadcast); these broadcasts are shown only when there isn't an English broadcast available.
NHL Center Ice is available with these cable and satellite providers:
- Adams Cable
- Altice USA
- Bright House Networks
- Blue Ridge Communications
- Charter Communications
- Comcast – part owner
- Cox Communications – part owner
- Dish Network
- Frontier Communications
- iN DEMAND
- Midcontinent Communications
- Sling TV
- Summit Broadband
- Time Warner – part owner
- Verizon FiOS
- NFL Sunday Ticket
- NBA League Pass
- MLS Direct Kick
- MLB Extra Innings
- NASCAR Hot Pass
- List of current NHL broadcasters