Diocese of Nandyal of the Church of South India
|Diocese of Nandyal|
|Ecclesiastical province||Church of South India|
|Cathedral||CSI Holy Cross Cathedral ,Nandyal|
The first missionaries who came to Nandyal were Arthur Inman, and Alfred Briton in the year 1881. These two missionaries were responsible to establish the SPG High School in 1884 and to build the Holy Cross Church in 1905 in Nandyal. These two missionaries who resided in Nandyal lived in tents and went about preaching the gospel in and around Nandyal in various villages and building churches. Their mode of travel in those days were bullock carts on most primitive roads or cart tracks. They learned the local language Telugu and traveled extensively beyond Nandyal to place like Kurnool, Giddalur, Kalasapad, Atmakur and Nandikotkur and planted Churches in the villages. In this Church first SPG telugu Graduate Priest Rev.David Gnanamuthu was served from 1912 to 1923, he came from Medras Christian Theological College, Madras (1885 to 1890). 
The Nandyal diocese was formed on 29 April 1963. This diocese was part of [Church of India, CIPBC Church of India, Pakistan, Burma & Ceylon] during the time of formation. Nandyal diocese joined Church of South India on 6 July 1975.
The cathedral church of the diocese is CSI Holy Cross Cathedral in Nandyal.
- 1963–1967, Clement Venkataramiah
- 1967–1974, Ernest John
- 1977–1985, Pabbathi John
- 1985–1992, B. R. Devapriyam
- 1994–2005, G. T. Abraham
- 2006–2012, P. J. Lawrence
- 2013 onwards, Pushpa Lalitha
Notable ecclesiastical personalities
- B. E. Devaraj, translator of the Bible into Lambadi language,
- Emani Sambayya, non-episcopal commissary to Nandyal,
Educational institutions in the diocese
The SPG High School, Nandyal, was established in the year 1882.
- Medak Diocese
- Karimnagar Diocese
- Krishna-Godavari Diocese
- Rayalaseema Diocese
- Dornakal Diocese
- Church of South India
- 'History of Nandyal Diocese'
- [Constance M. Millington (1993): An Ecumenical Venture: The History of Nandyal Diocese in Andhra Pradesh, 1947–1990, 57. https://books.google.com/books/about/An_Ecumenical_Venture.html?id=ue_jAAAAMAAJ]
- Constance M. Millington, An Ecumenical Venture: The History of Nandyal Diocese in Andhra Pradesh, 1947–1990, Bangalore: Asian Trading Corporation, 1993, p. 96.