National Register of Historic Places listings in Henderson County, Kentucky
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Henderson County, Kentucky.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Henderson County, Kentucky, United States. The locations of National Register properties and districts for which the latitude and longitude coordinates are included below, may be seen in a map.
There are 27 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county, of which 4 are part of a National Historic Landmark spread across multiple counties. Another property was once listed but has been removed.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Alves Historic District||September 7, 1989
|Roughly bounded by Green, Center, S. Alvasia, Powell, S. Adams, and Washington Sts.
|2||Archeological Site KHC-3 (15HE635)||April 1, 1986
|In the lawn of a house on Reed Bluff City Rd., northeast of Bluff City
||Hebbardsville||Part of the Green River Shell Middens Archeological District National Historic Landmark:17|
|3||Archeological Site KHC-4 (15HE580)||April 1, 1986
|Right bank of the Green River, 1 mile (1.6 km) above Bluff City
||Hebbardsville||Part of the Green River Shell Middens Archeological District National Historic Landmark:15|
|4||Audubon School||December 22, 1998
|1400 Clay St.
|5||John James Audubon State Park||March 10, 1988
|U.S. Route 41
|6||Barret House||January 5, 1978
|204 S. Elm St.
|7||Barret-Keach Farm||January 11, 2001
|1586 Kentucky Route 136 W.
|8||Bluff City Shell Mound (15HE160)||April 1, 1986
|0.5 miles (0.80 km) above Bluff City on a Green River bluff
||Hebbardsville||Part of the Green River Shell Middens Archeological District National Historic Landmark:14|
|9||Delano-Alves House||February 11, 1993
|536 Chestnut St.
|10||E.L. Ehlen Livery and Sale Stable||November 16, 1989
|110 1st St.
|11||Geibel House||December 10, 1998
|327 N. Main St.
|12||J. Hawkins Hart House||February 11, 2011
|630 Center St.
||Henderson||Designed by architect George Franklin Barber|
|13||Henderson Armory||September 6, 2002
|735 N. Elm St.
|14||Henderson Commercial District||November 13, 1989
|Roughly bounded by Main, 3rd, Elm, and 1st Sts.
|15||Henderson Cotton Mill Workers Housing District||December 10, 1998
|Roughly bounded by Washington, Letcher, and Powell Sts., and Ranklin Ave.
|16||Henderson Louisville and Nashville Railroad Depot||May 14, 1980
|300 Clark St.
|17||Jackson-Ijames Farm||January 4, 2001
|12500 S. Kentucky Route 1078
||Henderson||Also known as "Tallmadge"|
|18||James Giles Shell Midden (15HE589)||April 1, 1986
|Left bank of the Green River, east of Bluff City
||Bluff City||Part of the Green River Shell Middens Archeological District National Historic Landmark:16|
|19||Klee Funeral Parlor||November 16, 1989
|13-17 S. Main St.
|20||John E. McCallister House||September 21, 1982
|839 N. Green St.
|21||North Main Street Historic District||March 7, 1990
|N. Main St. from 5th to 8th Sts.
|22||John O'Byrne House||March 22, 1990
|317 N. Main St.
|23||Prichett House||December 10, 1998
|311 N. Main St.
|24||St. Paul's Episcopal Church||October 19, 1978
|338 Center St.
|25||William Soaper Farm||January 11, 2001
|2323 Zion Rd.
|26||South Main and South Elm Streets Historic District||May 11, 1992
|Roughly bounded by Washington, Center, S. Green, Jefferson, S. Main, and Water Sts.
|27||Stewart House||December 22, 1998
|827 S. Green St.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Date removed||Location||City or town||Summary|
|1||Douglass High School||August 18, 1980
|February 3, 1988||300 S. Alvasia St.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Henderson County, Kentucky.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Kentucky
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Kentucky
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes off of USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on November 9, 2017.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- Claassen, Cheryl. Feasting with Shellfish in the Southern Ohio Valley: Archaic Sacred Sites and Rituals. Knoxville: U of Tennessee P, 2010, 40.
- National Historic Landmark Nomination: Green River Shell Middens. National Park Service: 1994-05-05.
- Moore, Clarence B. "Some Aboriginal Sites on Green River, Kentucky". Journal of the Philadelphia Academy of Natural Sciences 16 (1916): 431-487: 440.
- Boyett, Frank. "No silk purse: Town industry never got off the ground, Evansville Courier & Press, 2009-08-15. Accessed 2013-04-06.
- National Park Service (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.