||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2009)|
|Born||1964 (age 50–51)
Redfern is an active advocate of official government disclosure of UFO information, and has worked to uncover thousands of pages of previously classified Royal Air Force, Air Ministry and Ministry of Defence files on unidentified flying objects (UFOs) dating from the Second World War from the Public Record Office and currently[when?] works as a feature writer and contributing editor for Phenomena magazine.
His 2005 book, Body Snatchers in the Desert: The Horrible Truth at the Heart of the Roswell Story, purports to show that the Roswell crash may have been military aircraft tests using Japanese POWs, suffering from progeria or radiation effects.
Redfern joined a rock music and fashion magazine Zero in 1981; where he trained in journalism, writing, magazine production and photography, later going on write freelance articles on UFOs during the mid-1980s.
From 1984 until 2001 he worked as a freelance feature writer for the Daily Express, People, Western Daily Press and Express & Star newspapers, as well as a full-time feature writer for Planet on Sunday. Between 1996 and 2001 he worked as a freelance journalist for the British newsstand magazines The Weekender, Animals, Animals, Animals, Pet Reptile, Military Illustrated, Eye-Spy, The Unopened Files and The X-Factor.
Between 1996 and 2000 Redfern signed a three-book publishing deal with Simon & Schuster of London for the publication of A Covert Agenda: The British Government’s UFO Top Secrets Exposed (1997), The FBI Files: The FBI’s UFO Top Secrets Exposed (1998) and Cosmic Crashes: The Incredible Story of the UFOs That Fell to Earth (2000). These books were published in the United Kingdom, Canada, Russia, Poland, Australia, New Zealand and Portugal.
In 2003 Paraview-Pocket Books New York published Nick Redfern’s book Strange Secrets: Real Government Files on the Unknown in May of that year. And, in March 2004 Paraview-Pocket Books, New York, publish his book Three Men Seeking Monsters: Six Weeks in Pursuit of Werewolves, Lake Monsters, Giant Cats, Ghostly Devil Dogs, and Ape-Men. This book tells the story of his relationship with Jonathan Downes and Richard Freeman of the Centre for Fortean Zoology, and has been optioned by Universal Studios. Redfern has run the U.S. branch of the Centre for Fortean Zoology since 2002.
Redfern has appeared on a variety of television programmes in the United Kingdom, including The Big Breakfast; Channel 5 News; and GMTV and works on the lecture circuit, both in the UK and overseas, and has appeared in internationally syndicated shows discussing the UFO phenomenon. He also appeared on a show in the third season of Penn & Teller: Bullshit!, titled "Ghost Busters". He is also a regular on the History Channel programs Monster Quest and UFO Hunters as well as National Geographic Channels's Paranormal and the Syfy channel's Proof Positive.
In 2007 Universal Studios bought the rights to Redfern's book, "Three Men Seeking Monsters: Six Weeks in Pursuit of Werewolves, Lake Monster, Giant Cats, Ghostly Devil Dogs and Ape-Men" in the hopes of making a movie from it.
He has been identified as a member of an informal group of friends often called others as the "Paranormal Rat Pack" and "The Cabal"; other members are filmmaker Paul Kimball, and authors Greg Bishop, and the late Mac Tonnies.
In 2012, Nick Redfern has expanded his talents to taking on the role of on-air radio talk-show host of a Paranormal themed Internet Radio show EPIC Voyages Radio produced by the Inception Radio Network.
- Cosmic Crashes by Nick Redfern - ISBN 0-671-03306-9
- A Covert Agenda: The British Government's UFO Top Secrets Exposed by Nick Redfern — ISBN 1-931044-70-8
- Strange Secrets by Nick Redfern and Andy J. Roberts — ISBN 0-7434-6976-3
- Body Snatchers in the Desert: The Horrible Truth at the Heart of the Roswell Story by Nick Redfern — ISBN 0-7434-9753-8
- The F.B.I. Files by Nick Redfern - ISBN 0-684-86834-2
- Three Men Seeking Monsters by Nick Redfern — ISBN 0-7434-8254-9
- On The Trail Of The Saucer Spies by Nick Redfern — ISBN 1-933665-10-6
- Celebrity Secrets: Official Government Files on the Rich and Famous by Nick Redfern — ISBN 1-4165-2866-0
- Man-Monkey - In Search of the British Bigfoot by Nick Redfern — ISBN 1-905723-16-4
- Memoirs of a Monster Hunter: A Five-Year Journey in Search of the Unknown by Nick Redfern — ISBN 1-56414-976-5
- The NASA Conspiracies by Nick Redfern — ISBN 1-60163-149-9
- Policing the UFO by Nick Redfern and Irene Botts
- Pg.20 (10 August 2000). "There's more to what's seen in the sky than first meets the eye!". Express & Echo.
- Roger Tavener (15 June 2001). "The X-Files; Jetliners' 30 near misses with UFOs". Western Daily Press.
- Recreation, Pg.5 (21 August 1998). "Expert insight into UFOs". Gloucestershire Echo.
- "Author Nick Redfern seeks to twist NASA missions to moon, Mars; unravels UFO files". International Business Times News. 26 November 2010.
- "The Weird and the Wonderful: New Yorkers take yoga to the dogs". The Nation. 8 June 2003.
- Peter Allen (27 July 1998). "Revealed - secrets of Britain's Men in Black". The Daily Mail.
- "Ancient of Days Conference, The Disclosure Debate, Roswell NM". YouTube. 2011. Retrieved 2014-02-11.
- Dave Itzkoff (9 September 2007). "Pop Culture Chronicle". The New York Times.
- Universal on trail of "Monsters" with trio
- Michael Fleming (8 March 2007). "'U' on a hunt for 'Monsters'". Daily Variety.
- Borys Kit (8 March 2007). "Universal treks with 'Monsters'". The Hollywood Reporter.
- Sobin, Dia (2011). "On The Trail of the Paranormal Rat Pack". Post-Mac Blues. Retrieved 2013-08-27.
- EPIC Voyages Radio
- Jason Lamport (22 October 1999). "How Alien's My Valley?; Farmer Claims He Saw UFO". The Mirror.
- Mark Cowan (26 December 1998). "x-Cops Tell of UFO Sightings". Birmingham Evening Mail.
- Strange Secrets: An Interview With Author Nick Redfern
- nickredfernfortean.blogspot.com, Redfern's main blog as of 2012
- Nick Redfern's MySpace page
- UFOmystic.com, his UFO blog
- Nick Redfern's "There's Something in the Woods...", his cryptozoology blog
- Nick Redfern's Celebrity Secrets