Nickelodeon (Swedish TV channel)
|Launched||18 June 2008|
|Owned by||Viacom International Media Networks Europe|
|Picture format||16:9 (Widescreen)|
|Audience share||0.6% (2013, )|
|Canal Digital||Channel 30|
|Com Hem||Channel 152|
|Canal Digital||Channel 94|
|Telia Digital-tv||Channel 80|
Nickelodeon has been available in Sweden since 1996 when a pan-Scandinavian version was launched on the analogue Viasat platform. Since 2001, it has been broadcasting in the digital terrestrial television network. This pan-Scandinavian channel used to broadcast between 6 a.m. and 6 p.m. since it started sharing a transponder with TV6 Nature/Action World in the late 1990s. In March 2008, Nickelodeon received a license to broadcast between 5 a.m. and 7 p.m. on the terrestrial network.
On 18 June 2008 the dedicated Swedish version of Nickelodeon was launched with a separate schedule. The new channel broadcasts between 5 a.m. and 7 p.m. on most digital pay television platforms. Unlike the Pan-Scandinavian channel, which was broadcast from the UK, the Swedish version is broadcast from the Netherlands.
Since September 2013, Nickelodeon Sweden started to use the new Idents from Nickelodeon USA and Nickelodeon UK & Ireland.
The channel used to share frequency space with Comedy Central Sweden since the launch of the latter in January 2009. The two channels got separate channel slots in November 2013. This allowed Nickelodeon Sweden to start broadcasting between 5 a.m. and 9 p.m. on most providers from 15 November.
The schedule starts with a Nick Jr strand for younger kids with series such as Dora the Explorer, Backyardigans and Postman Pat. The channel also includes music video strands called "Nick Hits". Cartoons for younger children are dubbed into Swedish. Non-cartoon series aimed an older audience used to be broadcast in English with Swedish subtitles, but they are broadcast in Swedish dub these days.
- Årsrapport 2013 (PDF), MMS
- "Tillstånd att sända marksänd TV för Nickelodeon International Ltd (Nickelodeon), appendix 19" (PDF). Swedish Radio and TV Authority. March 27, 2008. Archived from the original (PDF) on July 24, 2015.
- Changes to the Nickelodeon and VH1 Classic services on the Canal Digital 1º West platform, Telenor SBC, May 29, 2008
- Nick adds Swedish version, Broadband TV News, July 13, 2008
- "Ontheffing Betreft: ontheffingsverzoek oorspronkelijk Nederlands- of Friestalige programmaonderdelen". CvdM. Archived from the original on 2012-02-15.
- "Mer Nickelodeon och Comedy Central hos Viasat". Viasat. October 25, 2013.
- "Nickelodeon förlänger sändningstiden – nu 05.00 till 22.00". Nickelodeon. 1 October 2015.
- "VH1 och VH1 Classic blir 24/7-kanaler!". Canal Digital. 2 September 2015.