Night Flight (song)
|Song by Led Zeppelin from the album Physical Graffiti|
|Released||24 February 1975|
Writing and production
A somewhat lyrically ambiguous song, Robert Plant recounts the tale of a young man attempting to evade the military draft. A different version was also recorded which included extra backing vocals.
The song was never performed live at Led Zeppelin concerts. However, bootleg recordings exist of the band performing the song during a soundcheck at the Chicago Stadium on 6 July 1973, which took place during Led Zeppelin's 1973 North American tour.
- Robert Plant - lead vocals
- Jimmy Page - guitars
- John Paul Jones - bass guitar, Hammond organ
- John Bonham - drums
- Lewis, Dave (2004) The Complete Guide to the Music of Led Zeppelin, ISBN 0-7119-3528-9
- Welch, Chris (1998) Led Zeppelin: Dazed and Confused: The Stories Behind Every Song, ISBN 1-56025-818-7
- Dave Lewis (1994), The Complete Guide to the Music of Led Zeppelin, Omnibus Press, ISBN 0-7119-3528-9.