Nizam's Institute of Medical Sciences
|Type||Institute under State Legislature Act|
|Affiliations||UGC, MCI, AIU|
Nizam's Institute of Medical Sciences (NIMS) is a public hospital located in Hyderabad, Telangana, India and is named after its founder – the 7th Nizam of Hyderabad– and was inaugurated by Princess Durreshehvar  It is an Institute under State Legislature Act under the Act of Andhra Pradesh State Legislature. It has a big sprawling campus in Punjagutta.
NIMS is recognized by Medical Council of India. It is administered under the supervision of the Governing Council, Executive Board, Director and other statutory bodies.
It publishes the monthly journal "The Clinical Proceedings of Nizam's Institute of Medical Sciences" for the last 20 years.
The Nizam's Orthopaedic Hospital was inaugurated by Sri S. K. Patil, Union Minister for Railways on 22 December 1964. The first Superintendent of the hospital was M. Ranga Reddy, a well known Orthopedic Surgeon, who convinced the 7th Nizam to build a specialty hospital for Orthopedics and played an important role in its construction. The hospital was under the H.E.H. the Nizam's Charitable Trust until it was handed over to AP Government. Dr. Ranga Reddy was the administrator of the hospital also till then.
The institute conducts MD, MS, M. Ch, D.M, Ph.D courses in about 40 disciplines that are recognized by Medical Council of India and issues certificates. Apart from this, there are various paramedical post graduate diploma courses being conducted by the institute.
Sanjeeva Kalva, Chief of Interventional Radiology, Massachusetts General Hospital
- "NIZAM'S INSTITUTE OF MEDICAL SCIENCES". Nizam's Institute of Medical Sciences. Retrieved 18 January 2015. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Ex-Directors". nims.edu.in. Nizam's Institute Of Medical Sciences. Retrieved 1 October 2017. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Dr K Manohar Appointed NIMS Director - Telangana State Info". Telangana State Information. 28 August 2015. Retrieved 1 October 2017. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Heritage enthusiasts pay rich tributes to seventh Nizam". The Hindu. 6 April 2018.
- "Nizam's Institute of Medical Sciences Act, 1989" (PDF). Andhra Pradesh Gazette. 29 April 1989. Archived from the original (PDF) on 26 October 2017. Retrieved 17 July 2017. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Raju, Sree Bhushan. "Academics Profile". www.drsreebhushan.com. Archived from the original on 26 June 2018. Retrieved 22 November 2017. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to The Nizam's Institute of Medical Sciences.|