Notre Dame Preparatory (Pontiac, Michigan)
|Notre Dame Preparatory School|
|1300 Giddings Road
Pontiac, Michigan, (Oakland County) 48340
|Motto||"With God we form Christian people, upright citizens, and academic scholars."|
|Religious affiliation(s)||Roman Catholic,
Society of Mary
|Oversight||Archdiocese of Detroit|
|President||Fr. Leon Olszamowski|
|Principal||Fr. Joseph Hindelang|
|Average class size||20-22|
|Student to teacher ratio||14:1|
|Color(s)||Forest green and Vegas Gold|
|Slogan||A World of Education|
|Song||Notre Dame Our Mother|
|Fight song||Notre Dame Victory March|
|Team name||Fighting Irish|
|Accreditation||Independent Schools Association of the Central States, North Central Association of Colleges and Schools|
|Average ACT scores||27.2 (Class of 2016)|
|Athletic Director||Betty Wrobel|
Notre Dame Preparatory is a private Catholic high school in Pontiac, Michigan in Metro Detroit. Founded by Marist Fathers and Brothers in 1994. It is a coed, college-preparatory school which puts emphasis on faith-based character education and leadership development.
Originally the school was the Pontiac Catholic High School, and it was later known as the Oakland Catholic School. It closed at the end of the 1993-1994 school year and immediately reopened as Notre Dame Prep. The Marists supported Notre Dame after its rebranding.
A 100-acre (40 ha) campus in an outerlying area in Pontiac houses Notre Dame Prep and Marist Academy.
- Bunting & Lyon, Peter Bunting. Private Independent Schools. J. E. Bunting., 2007.
- HOUR Detroit http://www.hourdetroit.com/Hour-Detroit/September-2008/Metro-Detroits-Private-Schools/index.php/name/Notre-Dame-Preparatory-School/record/18020/
- NCA-CASI. "NCA-Council on Accreditation and School Improvement". Archived from the original on April 29, 2009. Retrieved 2009-06-23.
- NDPMA Website http://www.ndpma.org/drupal/node/2748
- NDPMA Website http://www.ndpma.org/drupal/node/1363
- Enrollment, programs grow at Notre Dame Prep." The Detroit News. November 3, 2002. Retrieved on November 2, 2013. ID: det13086917.
- Bunting, p. 198.