Pirate Party of Austria
|Leader||Cosma Tieber, Gerald Kainz and Harald Bauer|
|Secretary-General||Andreas Marek, Roland Schneider|
|National affiliation||Europa Anders (for the EU election of 2014)|
|European affiliation||European Pirate Party|
|International affiliation||Pirate Parties International|
The Pirate Party of Austria (German: Piratenpartei Österreichs, PIRAT) is a political party in Austria and part of the global Pirate Party movement which advocates what has come to be known as Pirate politics
Christopher Clay, Marlies Wawra, Rodrigo Jorquera, Lukas Daniel Klausner and André Igler have been elected on 28 October 2012 to board members in the General Assembly of the Pirate Party Austria. Albert Gugerell has been elected as treasurer.
In January Alexander Ofer, former member of the Tyrolean State Pirate Party, was expelled together with all state party members. After Ofers entering of the city council the Pirate Party announced to come up to the Pirate Party Tyrol (Ofers new party he had founded before getting expelled. They successfully ran for a post in the city of Innsbruck). But Ofer said "Wir wollen mit der Piratenpartei Österreichs nichts zu tun haben, das sind Pfuscher." ("We don't want to have anything to do with the Pirate Party of Austria , they are botchers").
In 2012 the social-liberal daily newspaper Der Standard stated that the Pirates could be a competitor against The Greens and the Freedom Party, and could become the new Liberal Forum, with the Pirate Party Austria is heading for National Assembly in 2013 and EU Elections in 2014.
In municipal elections in Graz on 25 November 2012, the Pirates gained 2.68% of the vote and one seat.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Pirate Party of Austria.|
-  Archived 2012-05-10 at the Wayback Machine, of Vienna Pirate Party.
- Article, Futurezone, 19.09.2006, (German)
- Gemeindewahl 2010, website of Bregenz.
- Homepage, Boardmembers[permanent dead link]
- Homepage, treasurer[permanent dead link]
- , DerStandard 28. Oktober 2012, Österreichs Piraten wählten neuen Bundesvorstand und Geschäftsführung
- ,derstandard.at 30.03.2012
- Bauer, Wolfgang. "Salzburg wird dank der Salzburger Piratenpartei (daten-)sicherer!". salzburger-piratenpartei.at. Retrieved 30 April 2014.