Poppintree (Irish: Crann Phapáin), is a neighbourhood of the large outer suburb of Ballymun, Dublin, Ireland. It is bordered by Glasnevin and Finglas. The area includes Poppintree Park. the Poppintree Sports and Community Complex
Poppintree is derived from Pappan's Tree, named in honour of the 6th century abbot, Saint Pappan, who built a small chapel in nearby Santry. The area was the site of a large tree under which was held an annual commemoration service to Saint Pappan on the last day of July. The services ceased by 1845.
- Poppintree Park, Dublin City Council, dublincity.ie, retrieved 5-1-2011
- Poppintree Sports and Community Complex Archived 2010-12-25 at the Wayback Machine, Dublin City Council, dublincity.ie, retrieved 5-1-2011
- Placenames Database of Ireland - Poppintree townland
- Royalty Society of Antiquaries of Ireland (2009). Register of Wills and Inventories of the Diocese of Dublin in the Time of Archbishops Tregury and Walton, 1457-1483. Cornell University Library. p. 196. ISBN 1-112-18847-9.
- Adams, Benjamin William (1883). History and description of Santry and Cloghran parishes, county Dublin. Kensington. p. 29.