Power Rangers RPM
|Power Rangers RPM|
|Directed by||Mike Smith
Li Ming Hu
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||32 (list of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||Koichi Sakamoto
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Production company(s)||BVS Entertainment
Renaissance Atlantic Entertainment
Toei Company, Ltd.
Ranger Productions, Ltd.
|Original channel||ABC (ABC Kids)
Jetix (UK) (Episodes 1-16)
Disney XD (UK) (Episodes 17-32)
|Original release||March 7, 2009– December 26, 2009|
|Preceded by||Power Rangers Jungle Fury|
|Followed by||Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (Re-version)
Power Rangers Samurai
Power Rangers RPM is the seventeenth season of the American children's television series Power Rangers. As with all previous Power Rangers series, RPM uses footage, costumes, and other props from the Super Sentai Series, in this case, from Engine Sentai Go-onger. With the re-branding of Jetix to Disney XD, all Power Rangers shows were dropped from the channel in the United States and RPM was only broadcast during the ABC Kids block on ABC stations. It was the final season to be distributed by Disney and Renaissance-Atlantic Entertainment before the franchise was re-acquired by Haim Saban and his company Saban Capital Group.
An AI computer virus called Venjix takes over all of the Earth's computers, creates an army of robot "Grinder" droids and destroys or enslaves almost all of humanity. Only the city of Corinth remains, protected by an almost impenetrable force field from the toxic atmosphere of the wasteland outside. Venjix tries various plans to destroy Corinth, and Doctor K's RPM Power Rangers fight to protect it.
The Power Rangers Samurai two-part episode Clash of the Red Rangers, a crossover with RPM, establishes that RPM is actually in an alternate universe to the other seasons of the Power Rangers franchise.
Australian actor Eka Darville, who previously starred in series three of Blue Water High, was reported to have a role in September 2008 in what was then unknown as RPM or Racing Performance Machines which began production in September 2008 in New Zealand. Heidi Kathy Bradhurt had been cast as an extra, but her profile initially listed her as the Yellow Ranger, named "Kayla," whose name and actress had since been changed to "Summer" played by Rose McIver. Daniel Ewing had been reported in November 2008 to be playing a major character named "Dillon," revealed to be the Black Ranger. Other cast members include Murray Keane in the role of "Benny," Charlie McDermott voicing "General Crunch," and Jason Hoyte as a guest role named "Mr. McAllistair."
An article of The New Zealand Herald reported that Power Rangers RPM was to be the final season of the Power Rangers series. Production manager Sally Campbell stated in an interview "...at this stage we will not be shooting another season". A September 1, 2009, revision to Disney A to Z: The Official Encyclopedia by Disney's head archivist Dave Smith states that production of new episodes of Power Rangers ceased in 2009. A re-version of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers began broadcasting in early 2010 instead. However, in mid-2010, Haim Saban bought the Power Rangers franchise back from Disney and production was restarted during that year for a 2011 series.
- Eka Darville as Scott Truman, Ranger Operator Series Red.
- Ari Boyland as Flynn McAllistair, Ranger Operator Series Blue.
- Rose McIver as Summer Landsdown, Ranger Operator Series Yellow.
- Milo Cawthorne as Ziggy Grover, Ranger Operator Series Green.
- Daniel Ewing as Dillon, Ranger Operator Series Black.
- Mike Ginn as Gem, Ranger Operator Series Gold.
- Li Ming Hu as Gemma, Ranger Operator Series Silver.
- Olivia Tennet as Doctor K
The rangers mentor and creator of the RPM powers.
- James Gaylyn as Colonel Mason Truman
- Damien Avery as Colonel Hicks
- Mia Koning as Vasquez
- Murray Keane as Benny
- Andrew Laing as the voice of Venjix
- John Sumner as Fresno Bob
- Adelaide Kane as Tenaya 7/15.
- Mark Mitchinson as the voice of General Shifter
- Charlie McDermott as the voice of General Crunch
- Leighton Cardno as the voice of Kilobyte
- Labi, Sharon (2008-09-07). "Craig Wing, Angry Anderson and crew in council elections | The Daily Telegraph". The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 2008-09-07.
- "In Production". The New Zealand Film and Video Technicians' Guild. Retrieved 2008-09-09.
- "Now Casting - Heidi Kathy Bradhurt Resume". Retrieved 2008-09-28.
- "NIDA student scores starring role". Inside Film. 2008-10-28. Retrieved 2008-11-02.
- "Murray Keane Details". Retrieved 2009-01-17.
- "Actor Biography: Charlie McDermott: Johnson & Laird" (PDF). Retrieved 2009-01-17.
- "Jason Hoyte - Karen Kay Management". Retrieved 2009-01-17.
- Eriksen, Alanah (March 6, 2009). "'Power Rangers' defeated". The New Zealand Herald. Retrieved 2009-03-07.
- "Supplement to Disney A to Z: The Official Encyclopedia" (pdf). 2009-09-01. p. 87. Retrieved 2009-09-26.
- "CORRECTING and REPLACING PHOTOS Bandai America Powers up Like It’s 1993; Brings Back Mighty Morphin Power Rangers in New Toy Line". Business Wire. October 1, 2009. Retrieved 2009-10-05.
- Abrams, Rachel (September 22, 2010). "'Rangers' revamps". Variety. Retrieved September 22, 2010.
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Power Rangers RPM|