Psi Sigma Phi
This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Psi Sigma Phi Multicultural|
|Founded||December 12, 1990|
Montclair State University and New Jersey City University
|Emphasis||Multiculturalism and Service|
|Motto||Multicultural by birth, not by choice
"Our Sword is Education."
"Our Shield is Brotherhood."
"Our Armor is Multiculturalism.""Our Steed is Service."
|Headquarters||330 Changebridge Rd, Suite 101, D5|
Pine Brook, New Jersey, 07058, New Jersey
Psi Sigma Phi (ΨΣΦ) Multicultural Fraternity, Incorporated was founded December 12, 1990, at Montclair State University and New Jersey City University. The Eighteen Founding Fathers believed that multiculturalism is not indicative of the physical composition of an organization on a chapter or national level; it is viewed as a state of mind––a philosophy that embraces any and all aspects of cultural identity with unconditional respect and equality.
About Psi Sigma Phi
Psi Sigma Phi Multicultural Fraternity Inc. was co-founded on December 12, 1990, at Montclair State University and New Jersey City University (at the time Jersey City State College) as a service-oriented, multicultural fraternity.
At the time of its founding, male college students could join only mainstream fraternities or fraternities that were predominantly Latin-American, African-American, or Asian-American. Psi Sigma Phi's founders created the fraternity to emphasize the importance of multiculturalism in the lives of college students.
Psi Sigma Phi's fraternal goal is to establish a unique bond among men of different cultures. This goal is to be accomplished through hard work, sacrifice and courage from all of its brothers - brothers who together strive to break social fears and ignorance.
Psi Sigma Phi's national philanthropy is the Kidney and Urology Foundation. Other services participated in on a national level include:
- City Year
- Multiple Sclerosis Walk (New Jersey)
- Juvenile Diabetes Foundation (Walk)
- Hyacinth AIDS Walk
- SHU 500 (Seton Hall University)
- Food Bank of New Jersey
- American Cancer Society
- Valerie Fund
- Newark Soup Kitchens
- Dove Services (Seton Hall University)
- Adopt a Highway Program
Chapters and Colonies
- Patriarch Alpha Chapter - Montclair State University, New Jersey
- Baronet Beta Chapter - New Jersey City University, New Jersey
- Gallant Gamma Chapter - Seton Hall University, New Jersey
- Dynast Delta Chapter - Kean University, New Jersey
- Elite Epsilon Chapter - Rutgers University-New Brunswick, New Jersey
- Zulu Zeta Chapter - Ramapo College, New Jersey
- Heroic Eta Chapter - Utah State University, Utah
- Triumphant Theta Chapter - Saint Peter's University, New Jersey
- Infinite Iota Chapter - Pennsylvania State University, Pennsylvania
- Cryptik Kappa Chapter - University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, North Carolina
- LeCypher Lambda Chapter - Shippensburg University, Pennsylvania
- Valiant Mu Chapter - University of North Carolina at Charlotte, North Carolina
- Imperial Nu Chapter - Weber State University, Utah
- Xalted Xi Chapter - Temple University, Pennsylvania
- Eternal Omicron Chapter - Rowan University, New Jersey
- Prodigal Pi Chapter - University of North Carolina at Greensboro, North Carolina
- Relentless Rho Chapter - Caldwell University, New Jersey
- Eminent Sigma Chapter - Felician University, New Jersey
- Immortal Tau Chapter - Bloomfield College, New Jersey