Quezon City Polytechnic University
|This article does not cite any sources. (April 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Pamantasang Politeknikal ng Lungsod Quezon|
City's Center of Excellence in Education, Research and Service.
|Type||Public: Local university|
|Established||March 1, 1994|
|President||Sec. Salvador M. Enriquez Jr.|
|Location||Quezon City, Metro Manila, Philippines|
|Campus||Urban; 1 Main Campus and 2 Satellite Campuses|
|University Hymn||Imno ng QCPU|
|Colors||Blue, Red and Yellow|
|Nickname||QCPU, QC Poly, KYUSI Politeknik|
QCPU in San Bartolome
QCPU's main campus is at along Quirino Highway, Barangay San Bartolome, Novaliches, Quezon City. It is a 4.42-hectare compound that also houses the Korea-Philippines Information Technology Center (KorPhil) whose advanced IT training facilities have also been made available to the university. The university also operates an Enterprise Development Center, from its main campus, designed to connect its Entrepreneur program with the needs of small and medium-scale businesses in the city.
QCPU in San Francisco
In AY 2006-2007, the institution opened its first satellite campus in San Francisco High School compound in Barangay Sto. Cristo. This satellite campus is connected to the Philippines' first interactive science center: Quezon City Science Interactive Center. This is another tool for QCPU so that it can attain its goal for the city and the country. This QCPU campus is commonly known as QCPU-SF or San Francisco.
QCPU in Batasan Hills
Last AY 2009-2010, QCPU's newest satellite campus was opened in Batasan Civic Center. It is a four-storey building which occupies 3,560 sq.m. The Quezon City Polytechnic University in Batasan Hills is a part of the Quezon City Government's Batasan Civic Center which is in front of the Philippine House of Representatives. The Civic Center is a mixed-used public service area for Quezon City citizens such as Police Station, Public Elementary and Secondary Schools, Barangay Office, Public Health Office, Fire Station and Park for the public.
- Department of Engineering.The ECE in QCPU is currently ranked 56th out of 153 engineering schools in the country. The ECE Department is known as the cream of the crops in QCPU. Based on its performance, the ECE Department is a consistent producer of engineering board passers since the first ECE Batch took the board examination. During the 2015,2016 and 2017 board examinations, the QCPU ECE Department took its place and prestige to be one of the best engineering schools in the country. The ECE Department is known for its very strict screening for the incoming third year.
Candidates who did not meet passing mark in the battery test are usually absorbed by the IE, IT and EM Departments which are nonboard and relatively easy courses from which a lot of cum laude, summa cum laude etc. are produced remarkably. The team of ECE is headed by Engr.Ryan L.Arago ,Instructor III,Engr.Felix C. Ancheta,Instructor I,Engr. Dandin L. Fresno,Associate Professor II Dr. Fernando T. Omadto,Professor I and Engr. Golbandrio T. Teo,Assistant Professor IV
The Industrious Engineering Department is headed by Mr. Benedick Catama Instructor II and its team members Engr. Ricardo R. Capule, Instructor I, Engr. Jeffrey M. Cacho, Instructor III,and Engr. Wilfredo Santo Nino, Instructor I
- Department of Entrepreneurship
The EM Department is currently headed by Dr. Glenda A. Rebucas,Professor I. Its members are Dr. Gerardo T. Bautista,Associate Professor IV Dr. Maria Lo Anna L. Del Mundo,Associate Professor II Dr. Sheryl May E. Ramos,Associate Professor II Dr. Erwin O. Cruz, Assistant Professor IV Rina R. Palmiano,Assistant Professor IV Jo Ann D. Mariano,Assistant Professor III Mary Joy D. Vinas,Assistant Professor III Jose Mari S. Uy,Assistant Professor II
- Department of Information Technology
The IT Deppartment is led by Dr. Isagani M. Tano, Associate Professor I. Its members are Josephine T. Pingul,Assistant Professor II Michael Angelo D. Ligayo,Assistant Professor I
- Department of Technical and Vocational Studies
Prof. Jobert P. Filler Assistant Professor I, Dr.Ricardo Valderama, Chief Inspector and Mr. Oscar Bermas
- Department of General Education
Randel D. Estacio,Assistant Professor II Dr. Frankie C. Gamelo,Assistant Professor I Edward R. Torrefranca,Assistant Professor I
- Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
Dr. Proserfina A. Cuengco, Assistant Professor I Hermod F Fesalbon, Assistant Professor I
- Faculty of Languages
Sr. Remedios L. Tayam,Assistant Professor II Prof. Jun M. Aranquez,Assistant Professor I
- Faculty of Mathematics and Science
- Faculty of National Service and Training Program is headed by Dr. Mario V. Caparas.
- Faculty of Natural Sciences
- Faculty of Physical Education
- Local college and university (Philippines)
- Association of Local Colleges and Universities