An old German pack of Reval cigarettes.
|Owner||Reemtsma, a subsidiary of Imperial Tobacco|
|Produced by||Reemtsma, a subsidiary of Imperial Tobacco|
|Tagline||"Echt Im Tabak" ("Real In Tobacco")|
The original creator and manufacturer of Reval was the Badische Tabakmanufaktur (Baden Tobacco Factory), which merged with Reemtsma in 1985. The slogan on the pack is "Echt Im Tabak".
The protected packaging is characterised by a traditionally held blue text on a yellow background. The pictured coat of arms is not identical with the city of Tallinn, which was called Reval until 1918.
In 1976, a 20-pack of filtered or filterless Reval cigarettes cost 2.30 Deutsche Mark. In 2014, a 19-pack of filterless Reval cigarettes costed €5.40
In May 2016, the Reemtsma Group announced that it had discontinued production of the filtered Reval variant (Reval filter Golden blend), due to the decision of Reemtsma to focus more on its main, big brands and because the EU introduced new packaging with shock picture warnings. The filterless variant is still being made however, and is available in soft pack and as rolling tobacco in pouches.
In the long span of 23 years, during which Gerd Grimm took charge of the Reval brand and gave it the succinct face - which is still freshly remembered by many older people today - various campaigns of exceptionally high artistic quality were created. These posters provide insight into the genesis and development of Reval advertising between 1959 and about 1975. The spectrum ranges from black-and-white templates, which were only highlighted with a spot color, to four-color offset prints.
- Reval Filterless
- Reval Filter Golden Blend
|Reval Filterless||10 mg||0,9 mg||6 mg|
|Reval Filter Golden Blend||10 mg||0,8 mg||10 mg|
- "DPMAregister - Marken - Registerauskunft". Register.dpma.de. Retrieved 21 January 2018.
- "Eckstein No. 5, Juno und Salem No. 6 werden ab Mitte Mai zu Reval ohne Filter". Zeda-group.de. Retrieved 21 January 2018.
- ONLINE, RP. "Eckstein, Juno, Atika, Winfield und Co.: Warum die kleinen Zigarettenmarken sterben müssen". Rp-online.de. Retrieved 21 January 2018.
- "Diese Zigarettenmarken werden jetzt verschwinden". Huff Post. 16 May 2016. Retrieved 21 January 2018.
- "Diese Zigaretten verschwinden bald aus dem Sortiment". Wunderweib.de. Retrieved 21 January 2018.
- "Schockbilder-Gesetz: Zigarettenschachteln müssen jetzt SO aussehen". Rtlnext.rtl.de. Retrieved 21 January 2018.
- Rosner, Alexander. "Gerd Grimm - Reval: Plakate und Entwürfe". Grimm-foundation.com. Retrieved 21 January 2018.
- Rosner, Alexander. "Gerd Grimm - Reval: Posters and designs". Grimm-foundation.com. Retrieved 21 January 2018.
- "REVAL Zigaretten • EUR 20,00". PicClick DE. Retrieved 21 January 2018.
- "Zigarettenwerbung (Ende 60er Jahre): Bis die Köpfe rauchen!". Vongestern.com. Retrieved 21 January 2018.
- "BrandReval - Cigarettes Pedia". Cigarettespedia.com. Retrieved 21 January 2018.
- "Reval". Zigsam.at. Retrieved 21 January 2018.
- "Brands". Cigarety.by. Retrieved 21 January 2018.