Fuentes with Lake Elsinore Storm 2012
February 12, 1991 |
|August 26, 2013, for the San Diego Padres|
(through 2016 season)
|Runs batted in||6|
|Representing Puerto Rico|
|World Baseball Classic|
|2017 Los Angeles||Team|
Reymond Fuentes (born February 12, 1991) is a Puerto Rican professional baseball outfielder in the Arizona Diamondbacks organization. He has played in Major League Baseball (MLB) for the San Diego Padres and Kansas City Royals.
On December 6, 2010, he was traded to the San Diego Padres along with Anthony Rizzo, Casey Kelly, and Eric Patterson for first baseman Adrian Gonzalez. Fuentes was ranked between the sixth and 10th best prospect in the Red Sox organization.
Fuentes spent 2011 with the High-A Lake Elsinore Storm where he hit .275 in 510 at-bats and stole 41 bases. In 2012, he played 134 games in center field with the Double-A San Antonio Missions where his average dropped to .218 in 473 at-bats. Fuentes again opened 2013 with the Missions and raised his average to .316 with 6 home runs and 29 stolen bases in 93 games, spending time at all 3 outfield positions. He was promoted to the Triple-A Tucson Padres on August 10 where he collected 23 hits in 14 games before his Major League call-up.
San Diego Padres
Fuentes was called up to the Major Leagues from Triple-A on August 26, 2013, and started in center field that night. He remained with the team for the remainder of the year, making six more starts in center and appearing in a total of 23 games. He collected 5 hits in 33 at-bats and also had 3 stolen bases.
Kansas City Royals
On November 20, 2014 Fuentes was traded to the Kansas City Royals for Kyle Bartsch. Fuentes was selected to start in right field for the Royals in their first game of their 2016 season.After clearing waivers, Fuentes was released by the Royals on September 14, 2016.
World Baseball Classic (Puerto Rico)
- Brunell, Evan (September 13, 2009). "Getting to know Sox first-round pick Reymond Fuentes". bleacher/report. Retrieved 26 January 2014.
- Barone, John (June 10, 2009). "Red Sox pick dynamic outfielder at 28". MLB.com. Retrieved April 26, 2015.
- "First-round picks signing on the dotted line". USA Today. August 18, 2009. Archived from the original on April 26, 2015. Retrieved April 26, 2015.
- Drellich, Evan (December 6, 2010). "Gonzalez 'ready to beat the Yanks'". MLB.com. Archived from the original on February 14, 2011.
- Brock, Corey (December 16, 2010). "Patterson to Friars completes Gonzalez deal". MLB.com. Archived from the original on February 14, 2011.
- Center, Bill (December 6, 2010). "Gonzalez, Hoyer discuss Padres-Red Sox deal". The San Diego Union-Tribune. Archived from the original on February 14, 2011.
- "Padres select OF Reymond Fuentes and recall RHP Anthony Bass from Triple-A Tucson". Padres Press Release. MLB.com. August 26, 2013. Retrieved 26 January 2014.
- Brock, Corey (August 26, 2013). "Padres eager to see Fuentes' Majors potential". MLB.com. Retrieved 26 January 2014.
- "Royals get OF Fuentes from Padres for LHP Bartsch". ESPN.com. Associated Press. November 20, 2014. Retrieved November 21, 2014.
- [goo.gl/je7K47 "Royals outright Tepesch, Release Fuentes"] Check
|url=value (help). fansided.com. September 16, 2016. Retrieved October 20, 2016.
- Eddy, Matt (December 24, 2016). "Minor League Transactions: Dec. 10-22". baseballamerica.com. Retrieved December 24, 2016.
- "Reymond Fuentes biographical information". Baseball-reference.com. Retrieved 26 January 2014.
- Thornburg, Chad (February 8, 2017). "Young stars join Beltran, Yadi for Puerto Rico". MLB.com. Retrieved March 14, 2017.