|Type||Daily newspaper of record|
|Owner(s)||Government of Russia (100%)|
|Founded||11 Nov 1990 (first issue)|
Rossiyskaya Gazeta (Russian: Российская газета, lit. Russian Gazette) is a Russian government daily newspaper of record which publishes the official decrees, statements and documents of state bodies. This includes the promulgation of newly approved laws, Presidential decrees, and Government orders. It was founded by a decree of the Supreme Soviet of the Russian SFSR and its first issue appeared on 11 November 1990.
Its role is determined by the Law of the Russian Federation N 5-FZ, dated 14 June 1994 and entitled "On the Procedure of Publication and Enactment of Federal Constitutional Laws, Federal Laws and Acts of the Houses of the Federal Assembly", by the Decrees of the President of the Russian Federation, dated 23 May 1996 № 763, "On the Procedure of Publication and Enactment of the Acts of the President of the Russian Federation, of the Government of Russia, and Statutory Legal Acts of the Federal Executive Authorities", as well as that dated 13 August 1998 № 963, "On Adoption of Amendments to the Decree of the President of the Russian Federation dated 23 May 1996 № 763, "On the Procedure of Publication and Enactment of the Acts of the President of the Russian Federation, of the Government of the Russian Federation, and Statutory Legal Acts of the Federal Executive Authorities".
2007 Katyn controversy
In the issue of 18 September 2007 on the sheet devoted to the film Katyń (2007), directed by Andrzej Wajda and about the 1940 Katyn massacre, a short comment by Alexander Sabov was published,[not in citation given] claiming that the widely accepted version of the tragedy is based on a single dubious copy of a document related to the massacre and that hence evidence of the Soviet responsibility for it is not reliable, which immediately provoked media frenzy in Poland. In response, on 19 September the Polish newspaper Gazeta Wyborcza published relevant documents signed by Lavrenty Beria.
Russia Direct website
Until March 2017, Rossiyskaya Gazeta provided content to the Russia Direct website. The content relationship was cancelled by Rossiyskaya Gazeta after that date.
- Атлас медиаменеджеров. Фронин Владислав Александрович [Atlas of Russian media managers: Fronin Vladislav], Media Atlas (in Russian)
- Атлас медиаменеджеров. Горбенко Александр Николаевич [Atlas of Russian media managers: Gorbenko Aleksandr Nikolaevich], Media Atlas (in Russian)
- Rossiyskaya Gazeta Российская газета [Russian Gazette] (in Russian), archived from the original on 16 August 2014
- Sabov, Alexander (Сабов, Александр) (18 September 2007), Земля для Катыни. Комментарий [Land for Katyn. A comment], Rossiyskaya Gazeta (in Russian), 206 (#4469)
- Wojciechowski, Marcin (24 September 2007), "Niebieski ołówek Stalina" [Stalin's blue pencil], Gazeta Wyborcza (in Polish)